• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Is heroin hard on the nose?

jaujaujau

Greenlighter
I'm pretty new on heroin use, and the only one I've had access to it's the usual heroin #3 that can be found in Europe (always from the same dealer and batch), very similar to this, same tan:

GettyImages-141481661-5702bc5f5f9b581408a70a5c.jpg

what-is-in-heroin-22048

I only use snorted and when I do it irritates my nostrils quite a bit, using 2 or 3 days in a row around 30 mg a day leaves wounds and crusts and I have to stop (also nasal congestion and mucus)

So I was wondering:

-Is this normal for heroin, or maybe my H is cut with something too irritating for the nose?
-And what about good quality #4 hero? will it be easier on the nose in general?

Thanks!

Heroin #4 would probably be a bit easier on the nose, but pure heroin base or pure heroin salt wouldn’t be nearly as hard as the stuff you’re getting on the street.

And it depends how much is used: one point won’t be nearly as irritating at half a gram. If one pint really irritates you, I’d try to find a better supplier, learn how to purify your dope (no easy task IMhO) or find other drugs to get into.

Sounds like your dope is cut with something very caustic or whatever. I’d really find another supplier or drug to use :( especially as it sounds like you are using multiple days in a row. Maybe try vaping your dope (esp if you have base) or plugging it. Only if you must continue using it of course.

Try using something like ointment to take care of your nose btw. The kind without fragrances or alcohol in it. Or a tiny bit of vitamin E cream for around the outside of the nostrils, again sans irritants like fragrance or alcohol.

Heroin #4 would probably be a bit easier on the nose, but pure heroin base or pure heroin salt wouldn?t be nearly as hard as the stuff you?re getting on the street.

And it depends how much is used: one point won?t be nearly as irritating at half a gram. If one pint really irritates you, I?d try to find a better supplier, learn how to purify your dope (no easy task IMhO) or find other drugs to get into.

Sounds like your dope is cut with something very caustic or whatever. I?d really find another supplier or drug to use :( especially as it sounds like you are using multiple days in a row. Maybe try vaping your dope (esp if you have base) or plugging it. Only if you must continue using it of course.

Try using something like ointment to take care of your nose btw. The kind without fragrances or alcohol in it. Or a tiny bit of vitamin E cream for around the outside of the nostrils, again sans irritants like fragrance or alcohol.

Thanks for the tips!

I tried plugging 3 times and never with good results, using a higher dose than I would use on the nose (40 or 50mg) I only get a very mild sedating high without any rush, and the last time I tried it my bowels were 100% empty to be sure, I do it disolving the H in lemon juice and plugging with an oral syringe and laying on my side for some 5 min. without any leak. I also have been reading about the plugging method and it's strange, looks like it only works good for some people... maybe with #4 H I'd have better results? don't know.

Also, some hours after snorting I use Rhinomer strenght 3 to clean my nostrils (nasal spray with sea water), which works very good for cleaning but its also very irritating. I've seen they have Rhinomer aloe vera that may be good for faster wound healing, I will be buying and trying it out soon.

Would love to know of a better option for nostril post-snort healing if there is.

You say vitamin E cream, but would it be any good for the wounds inside the nose? I don't have problems on the outside/around.

Have you tried snorting some water about an hour after a dose? It helps keep your noise moist, alot of the damage comes simply from your nose drying out.

Use one of those really disgusting looking saline rinses from a chemist you get for sinusitis. Once or twice a day. Then leave it.

Honestly the more you play around with your nasal lining the worse it gets.

Snorting stuff will cause a reaction like you describe so its not unusual.

You could chop it with lactose to lessen the harshness, wotks with other drugs so should be ok with hammer.

Yeah I imagine lactose would help, I know they use it to help make black tar snortable.

Use one of those really disgusting looking saline rinses from a chemist you get for sinusitis. Once or twice a day. Then leave it.

Honestly the more you play around with your nasal lining the worse it gets.

Snorting stuff will cause a reaction like you describe so its not unusual.

You could chop it with lactose to lessen the harshness, wotks with other drugs so should be ok with hammer.

Yeah I already use a saline rinse (Rhinomer) some hours after snorting, helps to clean but wounds keep there

I'm intolerant to lactose (milk lactose) so I don't think it's a good idea for me, I guess it's the same lactose right?

Plugging is weird. Didn’t used to do much for me, now it seems to work fine. I have no idea.

Better to avoid vitamin E cream inside the nose, I’d just stick to ointment for that (like the kind you’d put on a cut to keep it from scarring or getting infect - here one is called Neosporin or polysporin).

Heroin #4 would probably be a bit easier on the nose, but pure heroin base or pure heroin salt wouldn’t be nearly as hard as the stuff you’re getting on the street.

And it depends how much is used: one point won’t be nearly as irritating at half a gram. If one pint really irritates you, I’d try to find a better supplier, learn how to purify your dope (no easy task IMhO) or find other drugs to get into.

Sounds like your dope is cut with something very caustic or whatever. I’d really find another supplier or drug to use :( especially as it sounds like you are using multiple days in a row. Maybe try vaping your dope (esp if you have base) or plugging it. Only if you must continue using it of course.

I dont know if im allowed to as this question (if im not, ill delete it asap), but.. are the instructions on how to purify the H online? and the chemicals used to do so, available to buy online as well?

Since it’s not synthesis yes it’s allowed to be discussed on BL. Not sure where the last discussion about this would be though, but I believe they’re around. Have you tried searching something like “site:Bluelight.org heroin acid base purification” or something?

Hopefully someone is able to point you in the right direction regardless.

Mix with water and vitamin c in a very small amount of water and use a syringe with the needle removed to squirt it in your nose unless you wanna go all the way and get a nasal spray atomizer syringe attachment. The high ph of the compound is likely causing irritation, but so would a low ph.

Mix with water and vitamin c in a very small amount of water and use a syringe with the needle removed to squirt it in your nose unless you wanna go all the way and get a nasal spray atomizer syringe attachment. The high ph of the compound is likely causing irritation, but so would a low ph.

So according to this, I could also cut my H with a bit of very low PH cutting agent so the final result is an adequate PH for my nasal cavities?

Is the recommendation to cut it with lactose to achieve this? (sadly I'm lactose intolerant, so no lactose in my dope plz)

I’d test the ph of your dope to get an idea if it’s too basic or two acidic (the assumption would be too basic if it’s #3, but you won’t know until you test it).

I’d test the ph of your dope to get an idea if it’s too basic or two acidic (the assumption would be too basic if it’s #3, but you won’t know until you test it).

I'll do.
Any recommendations on what kind of tester to test drugs and lose the least amount of dope in the process?

And I am supposed to dilute some dope in water in order to make the test?

Sorry I have absolutely no idea about chemistry :(

Yeah, dilute some in water. But the amount of water will be important. It’s hard to do this is a limited amount of material....

Actually I just realized it may be really conplcaites to figure out the ph of this stuff.

You will need to know accurately how much mass of heroin you’ll be combining with precisely how much water you add.

So the question, do you have access to a really precise scale?

pH test kits for hydroponics with a reagent solution that will test as little as 1/8 ml (125 microliters) is what I use for pharmaceuticals like MS after converting from a freebase back to a HCl salt . Using a pH close-to-neutral water(and as little of it as possible) like de-inonized or distilled is best IME. Test Papers also work well and Test Strips use the least amount of sample.

1433569.jpg
or or
th

look into neti pot
it's a salt water nose rinse technique
i use it every morning after snorting cheese the previous night

So, I too get nasal irritations from time to time and I swear by Neosporin (it's sometimes sold in a generic triple antiseptic ointment). That stuff works overnight on me, it can actually close an open cut in 8 hours. I would highly recommend it if you're going to continue snorting stuff.

Yeah, dilute some in water. But the amount of water will be important. It’s hard to do this is a limited amount of material....

Actually I just realized it may be really conplcaites to figure out the ph of this stuff.

You will need to know accurately how much mass of heroin you’ll be combining with precisely how much water you add.

So the question, do you have access to a really precise scale?

I have a 30$ mg scale with an error about +/- 5mg... not too good.

But anyway, as I'm seeing this may be a complicate and maybe imprecise process, and I will have to buy at least some test strips (as Jekyl Anhydride suggests);

Lets say in the case that I find that my H is very alkaline or very acidic, then what cutting agent should I cut it with in each case? and how much cutting agent?

I mean, if I'm not sure how I can correct the PH, I will not even bother to test the PH in the first place.