• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Harm Reduction Is flagging patients with "drug-seeking behaviour" a practice in the UK?

Oh, that's a bad thing, because I can talk doctors under the table, as regards pharmacology, and other that locums they know I will humiliate them about their ignorance. Locums who don't know I couldn't give a fuck about. If they don' know their job, I'll rip them a new one. I just want adequate treatment (and that goes for my family, as well). I don't care if I look like a scruffy hippie. You don't fuck with my family, regardless. Don't believe me, and I can become a twat of unbelievable proportions. My family are endlessly important. Mylate wife's doc's were horrified by.it shouldn't have to be that way.but some doc's think they are demi gods. Fuck them. My wife died through negligence/arrogance. Not going to happen again. My stepson, deserves help through arrogant twats. Lost his mam at 31 (and my wife, who I adored). Money never replaces lives and I've been tolddocs will bullshit me out of legal action. They do not know me and if they need a lesson in humility, so be it. My stepson lost the most important person in his life, through negligence, sofuck any little arrogant twat with an MD. My family comes first. I'd give every penny I own to get my wife back.
You will get there. Definitely. Its all trigger phrases and code. Good English sir, correct manners and law. Let's just blame your nhs. The way they rounded me in the hospital seeing my dad . Awful. Awful. One minute there's none of them and the next they all stop gossiping to come and question the relative. Asked me if I needed their mental health helps, told me there was something wrong with me cos I started just breathibg meditating to calm down. All these gossips in clip board ratchex type surrounded me. Told me I wasn't normal on world mental health day. Because I told em to hurry up and put the oxygen back on my dad, since that was the excuse they gave as to why he couldn't go out to the door wit me in a chair. He had it off in the toilet. He just went and locked himself in with out their bullshit oxygen. Then they just tried to argue with me for wanting to take him outside. Arsehole prix. No good nhs. Shocking.. I

Sound minded people will be goin g back to plants and that and intuitive healing.

That midazolam. What the hell is that and why did they give it to my dad? Who went i for tests. It was one flew over the cuckoo's nest world alrite. The bad handling of poorly people wanting help is some shock.

I'll make appt with Dr asking how easy to get morphine on a private script somewhere and go do that . But I bet my Dr. Could justify it. He was friends with the mccanns. Interesting stuff. Good catholic . Likely aware of the big child abuse priest up the road. Yes. I shall do that. This is the Monday that matters. The day I have had. One of those loads of drug seekers in a room days where all them people wish for better, and none are nasty to each other. One of them tough auld days.

I'll make appt with Dr asking how easy to get morphine on a private script somewhere and go do that .

My old doc could have prescribed MST - the only reason I didnt go for it was that it was relatively expensive 30 quid a week or so - plus i was using anyway and had an outlet for my phyceptone pills

You will get there. Definitely. Its all trigger phrases and code. Good English sir, correct manners and law. Let's just blame your nhs. The way they rounded me in the hospital seeing my dad . Awful. Awful. One minute there's none of them and the next they all stop gossiping to come and question the relative. Asked me if I needed their mental health helps, told me there was something wrong with me cos I started just breathibg meditating to calm down. All these gossips in clip board ratchex type surrounded me. Told me I wasn't normal on world mental health day. Because I told em to hurry up and put the oxygen back on my dad, since that was the excuse they gave as to why he couldn't go out to the door wit me in a chair. He had it off in the toilet. He just went and locked himself in with out their bullshit oxygen. Then they just tried to argue with me for wanting to take him outside. Arsehole prix. No good nhs. Shocking.. I

Sound minded people will be goin g back to plants and that and intuitive healing.

That midazolam. What the hell is that and why did they give it to my dad? Who went i for tests. It was one flew over the cuckoo's nest world alrite. The bad handling of poorly people wanting help is some shock.

I'll make appt with Dr asking how easy to get morphine on a private script somewhere and go do that . But I bet my Dr. Could justify it. He was friends with the mccanns. Interesting stuff. Good catholic . Likely aware of the big child abuse priest up the road. Yes. I shall do that. This is the Monday that matters. The day I have had. One of those loads of drug seekers in a room days where all them people wish for better, and none are nasty to each other. One of them tough auld days.
I am one of the politest people you could wish to meet, if you treat me the same. Treat me like some scummy twat and I'll seem like a pissed Frankie Boyle, on meth.

But then there's all that stuff about if you have a 'past medical history in the UK of rehab or dependence issues then it will be on your file for all to see' and warning of you will never get anything potentially dependence forming prescribed if you do have that sort of history on your file.
I’m sorry I didn’t reply sooner. My mother passed away and I was dealing with all of that.

I should have clarified better. Yes, if you have been in a rehab then you are flagged and certainly any reputable Dr will risk assess whether putting you on a DFM is a good idea. If you have diagnosed ADHD you shouldn’t have a problem getting medication you need so I wouldn’t worry. Be honest, honesty trumps everything and trust between patient and Dr is paramount. There are patient advocates out there and if you’re having issues then go that route along with ADHD support groups who will be happy to point you in the right direction.

I’m sorry I didn’t reply sooner. My mother passed away and I was dealing with all of that.

I should have clarified better. Yes, if you have been in a rehab then you are flagged and certainly any reputable Dr will risk assess whether putting you on a DFM is a good idea. If you have diagnosed ADHD you shouldn’t have a problem getting medication you need so I wouldn’t worry. Be honest, honesty trumps everything and trust between patient and Dr is paramount. There are patient advocates out there and if you’re having issues then go that route along with ADHD support groups who will be happy to point you in the right direction.
Sorry to hear your sad news MsDiz. That is a huge thing to have to deal with and I hope you're holding up OK.

I haven't been in a rehab, although I have been referred to 'services' for 'drug problems' (I'm not sure exactly how it was termed) / and mental health, dual diagnosis type stuff, quite some time ago now.

Dependence Forming Medication? Hmm. That could be my downfall, depending on the views of who assesses me. In my opinion, the fact that I've been able to self-medicate in a far more successful and controlled manner second time round, after getting into a hopeless mess first time round should show that I have learnt from my mistakes. But maybe not all Drs are that open minded and progressive, and my first disastrous attempts may be a permanent black mark against me. I don't know, but as you've said, I'll try not to worry too much, although the huge uncertainty about what may happen if I get a diagnosis is obviously going to be a huge and potentially life changing issue for me.

That is great advice about looking into patient advocates and ADHD support groups. That is definitely something that I should and will look into. So that I can be as properly prepared and informed as possible.

Sorry to hear your sad news MsDiz. That is a huge thing to have to deal with and I hope you're holding up OK.

I haven't been in a rehab, although I have been referred to 'services' for 'drug problems' (I'm not sure exactly how it was termed) / and mental health, dual diagnosis type stuff, quite some time ago now.

Dependence Forming Medication? Hmm. That could be my downfall, depending on the views of who assesses me. In my opinion, the fact that I've been able to self-medicate in a far more successful and controlled manner second time round, after getting into a hopeless mess first time round should show that I have learnt from my mistakes. But maybe not all Drs are that open minded and progressive, and my first disastrous attempts may be a permanent black mark against me. I don't know, but as you've said, I'll try not to worry too much, although the huge uncertainty about what may happen if I get a diagnosis is obviously going to be a huge and potentially life changing issue for me.

That is great advice about looking into patient advocates and ADHD support groups. That is definitely something that I should and will look into. So that I can be as properly prepared and informed as possible.
Honestly, it’s well known those with undiagnosed ADHD self medicate. So I wouldn’t worry too much about that. I get Drs have a bad name but they aren’t all bad. You just need to know your rights and be honest. If you admit what has happened, what you’ve done to manage the drug use and why you actually used the drugs (self medicating) then I don’t think you should have any issue.

I definitely think if you reach out to support groups you will find so many others in your exact same position and you’ll be supported and signposted to people who can help.

All is not lost, I promise! If you ever want to drop me a PM feel free! Best of luck to you ❤️

Honestly, it’s well known those with undiagnosed ADHD self medicate. So I wouldn’t worry too much about that. I get Drs have a bad name but they aren’t all bad. You just need to know your rights and be honest. If you admit what has happened, what you’ve done to manage the drug use and why you actually used the drugs (self medicating) then I don’t think you should have any issue.

I definitely think if you reach out to support groups you will find so many others in your exact same position and you’ll be supported and signposted to people who can help.

All is not lost, I promise! If you ever want to drop me a PM feel free! Best of luck to you ❤️
Amazing. Thank you.

A lot of it was self medicating. There was a fair bit of self indulgent wreck headedness going on too though first time round. But that side is relatively very controlled these days.

Sorry to hear about your mam. Like losing a partner, you never get over it, it just fades in intensity with time.

Sorry to hear about your mam. Like losing a partner, you never get over it, it just fades in intensity with time.
You’re right, you never get over loss but time does lessen the sting of it a little.

Thanks ❤️

I'm prescribed a fair amount of strong opioid analgesics. Because my X-rays show failed hip joint, other related damage and what have you, the doctors are OK with me.

Bur right now UK doctors do not seem to know how dangerous drugs like OxyContin are. Yes, it can reach pain that tramadol, codeine, dihydrocodeine, morphine and fentanyl all failed to.

It took YEARS and many, many visits to pain clinics for them to accept that I did need pain control.

But if you ever get a sustained release formulation pill, please just take as prescribed.

In my experience knowing about suitable medications and asking for anything by name does you no favours and in fact probably the opposite.

In the UK if you are prescribed any DFM (dependence forming medication) you are already scrutinised. That means that even your pharmacist can flag on the system if you are coming in to collect a script that is not due.

If you have past medical history in the UK of rehab or dependance issues then it will be on your file for all to see.

Can you get your medical file fully wiped? In theory, at least?

I was pondering giving mine a "great reset", just because, you know. Certain things they may or may not have happened over the past few years, to do with, great resets and all that kind of stuff.

Right to be forgotten - does it apply to the NHS?

Can you get your medical file fully wiped? In theory, at least?

I was pondering giving mine a "great reset", just because, you know. Certain things they may or may not have happened over the past few years, to do with, great resets and all that kind of stuff.

Right to be forgotten - does it apply to the NHS?

Unfortunately not. Although I believe that if something is incorrect or innaccurate on your records, then you can challenge it and request for it to be removed. But I think you'd have to be able to back that up.

If you request any prescriptions electronically you'll be able to see your 'medical record summary' which includes all "significant" encounters with your GPs, and in my case as I rarely visit or speak to GPs it seems to include every single encounter.

Your medical record summary will probably be online somewhere for you to access even if you dont access any prescriptions that way.

My history included a couple of entries re 'misuse of drugs - benzodiazepines' from the mid 2010s, but a hell of a lot worse than that could have got on there. Fortunately it seems that I never mentioned anything else directly to my GPS and so nothing else was on my record. I'd like to claim to have had great wisdom and sense at the time, but that was possibly more by luck than judgement I suspect. I can't remember why I didn't mention everything - maybe I was aware about records and what consequences they might have in the future etc. I can't remeber too much about my thought processes at that time thanks to the benzo use.

In the end, I consider myself fortunate that I was recently able to explain my previous benzo problems in an acceptable way to my ADHD assessor / psychiatrist, and it did not end up affecting my access to prescribed ADHD stimulants.

I've not sought out or asked for any of the potentially highly abusable instant release amphetmanies etc, and I don't intend to. Fortunately the externded release methylphenidate stuff seems to be working good for me, so I have no need of the I.R. amphetamines that may well end up causing me more harm than good.

Last edited:
As MsDiz and fast&bulbous make clear, doctors are often forewarned about patients who MAY abuse their medication.

It's crazy because the amounts needed to control pain or whatever (I recognize that some people need CNS stimulants which I accept but have no experience of) are nowhere near the amounts used by people wo take a medicine FOR it's side-effects.

Is 80mg of oxycodone split into 3 doses (every 8 hours) likely to do much for someone who seeks the opiate high?

I would argue not. I mean, 30mg of Oxycontin allows me to do things I hadn't been able to do for a decade or more - like walking.

But we have an odd system. I had gone to a HR agency worried I was using too much codeine and my GP was not keen to prescribe OCs. It was my wife who pointed out that I had only ever used codeine... and the GP said 'well, looking at the X-rays, I can see why'.

BUT that is almost 100% certainly because a third party pushed my case. Debz is awesome. She noted I hadn't been able to leave our home for 16 weeks and realized pain was the problem. I HAD tried talking to doctors but I'm sure it was because SHE took the doctors to task.

Every day I give thanks for all Debz has done for me. It was because a third person stated I needed medication that mattered. She wasn't taking the medicine and so 'drug seeking' was ruled out.

I think everyone needs a Debz.