• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is Fentanyl 50mcg safe for 1st time?

Toreadores

Greenlighter
Hey guys so I got myself on some pharmaceutical grade fentanyl 50mcg solution. I am opioid tolerant person, I take 90-95mg oxycodone single dose to feel something from the oxy. However I ran out and wont have more for the next couple weeks and the only thing I have is fentanyl 50mcg, but I never used it before because I know it is the most potent and strong drug, so my questions are
1. if I take the 50mcg will it be safe? Is it low or high dosage?
2. How does it compare to oxy?
3. I am usually scared to use IV for drugs so can I take it orally or at least IM instead of IV?

50mcg is safe. A single oral dose of 50mcg would be a low dose. While fentanyl is around 100 times stronger than morphine, this would mean that 50mcg of fentanyl would only be around 5mg of morphine.

It is not as enjoyable as oxycodone. In fact it is quite a bit less enjoyable. You may need 3/4 of milligram (750mcg) or so of fentanyl to replicate that dose of oxycodone, but do not attempt that all at once. Slowly work your way up.

You can take orally and intramuscularly. If you take it orally I'd recommend holding it under the tongue (sublingually).

Thank you for your reply. About the oral use how long should I hold it under the tongue before swallowing it and what is the bioavailability orally compared to intramuscularly? If 50mcg is equal to about 5mg morphine I guess even if I take it as IV I suppose I won't feel anything since my tolerance is very high?

I'd hold it a good 10 minutes perhaps. You could also administer it as a nasal spray, which will have higher bioavailability than sublingual/buccal. Don't know the bioavailability offhand, but IM should be near 100%, whereas sublingually is probably half that (50%) and intranasally around 75%.