• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Is etizolam detected in quantitative mass spectrometry, metabolic and protein profiling drug tests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuffSamurai

Bluelighter
Hey all im not sure if this is the right forum to post this but I was just thinking if anyone would know the answer to my question it would be you guys.

Anyway the methadone clinic I go to uses quantitative mass spectrometry, metabolic and protein profiling technologies, for their urine samples. I was wondering if this technology would be able to detect etizolam in my urine.

Thanks in advance all.

depends on what there testing for and there metabolites. I doubt there testing fo that but I could be wrong

This is what it specifically says on their website:

• Toxicology (136 drugs of abuse + metabolites panel with simultaneous structural confirmation)

I guess I could just ask them.

Usually it is not detected. Even antibody tests struggle.

I've read of people making ;Street Diazepam' which is any old benzo in the familiar 10mg Diazepam format... and HR agencies claim it kills!!

Unless it's just me, 250mg of etizolam isn't fatal. In fact, I was sent 250mg which I snorted. I then went out, did some shopping, got the bus to meet a friend and had coffee and cake. Got bus to town, bought wife flowers and went home.

So in my experience, it has a ceiling on it's effects. Which is a GREAT safety feature. But because it's structure is so different, it will not show up.

Even HR agencies can only divine that you used a benzo they can detect - not what it is.

Unless it's just me, 250mg of etizolam isn't fatal. In fact, I was sent 250mg which I snorted. I then went out, did some shopping, got the bus to meet a friend and had coffee and cake. Got bus to town, bought wife flowers and went home.
I am always amazed when I hear someone did such a large dose of etizolam. I mean I am aware that benzos are safe, it was the reason they replaced barb years back. IT was common to hear of someone taking a whole bottle of valium and basically be ok (if you consider amnesia ok). But that seems like a one shot deal as doing that often would probably make a person very tolerant very quickly.

But yeah BL has a few of you that can take astronomical amount of benzos. And if benzo tolerance went down as quick as cannabis tolerance it may even be a med someone can take for years and have it be effective. But if someone is building up that much tolerance I can't see how that can be helpful.

As far as I know they don’t usually test for etizolam or other thienodiazepines. But if they look for it they will definitely find it via mass spectrometry.

As far as I know they don’t usually test for etizolam or other thienodiazepines. But if they look for it they will definitely find it via mass spectrometry.
yea idk of any drug panel that tests for 100+ drugs metabolites, thats fucking insane. I think that is untrue or you have your facts wrong. I could be wrong as I have been on several occasions but its usually like a 12 panel test......

yea idk of any drug panel that tests for 100+ drugs metabolites, thats fucking insane. I think that is untrue or you have your facts wrong. I could be wrong as I have been on several occasions but its usually like a 12 panel test......
Yeah that’s what I meant, it’s very unlikely that it will show up. All I’m saying is that etizolam could potentially be identified via mass spect, buy they would have to actively look for it.

Yeah that’s what I meant, it’s very unlikely that it will show up. All I’m saying is that etizolam could potentially be identified via mass spect, buy they would have to actively look for it.
I don't even know what the body metabolizes that into that would make sense for them to test for it. I understand opiates, benzos, and weed. Its funny too cause delta-8 THC is legal but it metabolizes into the same thing as delta 9 so your fucked if you use it LEGALLY

Hey all im not sure if this is the right forum to post this but I was just thinking if anyone would know the answer to my question it would be you guys.

Anyway the methadone clinic I go to uses quantitative mass spectrometry, metabolic and protein profiling technologies, for their urine samples. I was wondering if this technology would be able to detect etizolam in my urine.

Thanks in advance all.
I am in a methadone clinic as well, and loved etizolam about 5 years ago.

My clinic sends the urine to the lab, which comes back positive for benzos. Then they send it back to confirm what benzo it is.... IF I'm remembering correctly, it did not come back as a confirmation for etizolam. But, I did lose all of my take homes due to having a positive for benzos every single drug screen for at least 6 months. I just kept saying it must be the other med I was taking (I can't remember which med it was), causing the positive for benzos. Luckily, that med was known to cause a false positive for benzos. That fun only lasted 6 months before they finally called bullshit lol.

But again, this was about 5 years ago, which not long after etizolam became a very well known issue, and my state completely banned it, along with many other states.

Now that it's a more well known benzo, the lab may be able to specifically test for it.

I would definitely, speak with the company doing the testing, like you mentioned.

Yeah I think I will just send the company an email. I’m just worried they’ll send it back to my clinic as they are both ran by the same University. Not like I’m doing anything wrong but then I would definitely be on their radar.

Yeah I think I will just send the company an email. I’m just worried they’ll send it back to my clinic as they are both ran by the same University. Not like I’m doing anything wrong but then I would definitely be on their radar.
If the metabolite for etizolam is the same as Xanax and other benzodiazepines, then yea your gonna test hot. Always use fake piss, I use quick fix and it passes the mass spec etc no joke. This is what I use

If the metabolite for etizolam is the same as Xanax and other benzodiazepines, then yea your gonna test hot. Always use fake piss, I use quick fix and it passes the mass spec etc no joke. This is what I use
I don’t believe it is the same metabolite as they’re technically 2 completely different chemicals. Anyway, good looking out for the synthetic urine that would work 85% of the time except I get randomly observed every couple months.

Once again - GC-MS isn't appropriate if you are simply looking for A benzodiazepine. The antibody tests works in a totally different manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.