• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Is Etizolam and kratom keeping me dehydrated?

TMNPothead

Bluelighter
Hello BL's I'm not certain if this is the correct forum to put this thread in so if it's not I apologize. Recently I have been out of work for a couple of weeks and my new job doesn't start for about a week. I thought it might be an easy way to get a little extra cash to donate some plasma at my local center so I went and filled out all the info and passed the physical and all that good stuff. Unfortunately when it came down to finding a "spot" for them to get the plasma they could not find one. They said it was because I was probably dehydrated. I normally drink water or juice not much of a soda or coffee person so I know that caffeine is not the problem. I do though take 2mg of etizolam a day and around 20 grams of kratom a day. Could this be my problem? I drank plenty of water the night before and in the morning before i went to the plasma center but was still turned away. Can anyone give me any insight on if this is the problem?

Thanks in advanced

Teenage mutant ninja pothead

Sorry for bumping but i just dont get it. I know of people who do stims and are still able donate the same date. Maybe ill just take a few days off the kratom and etiz and see if i can donate

This is contrary to what my days as an IV user taught me: A phlebotomist once told me that I was too dehydrated for a blood draw. I told her I drank plenty of plain water the night prior and before the draw that morning.

She told me, hard to believe, that it takes two - three days for water drunk to hydrate you enough for a blood draw.

Do I really believe this? No, but the next time I went for a draw, I drank plenty of water for four days, bang she hit me immediately.

So... Anyone more knowledgeable, can you chime in? Hydration is straight up HR, obviously. But I just don't get it.

Hmm thanks for the info. I do live in phoenix too so its easy to get dehydrated in this city. Luckily its finally starting to cool off

Yeah dude kratom is a diuretic, gotta keep drinking water. I never had a problem keeping hydrated while I was on it since I would tosh n wash and drink probably 16-20oz each time I dosed.

Oh, kratom's a diuretic? I didn't think it was. I get dry mouth from it sometimes, but as far as I know that's more of just a psychological thing (not meaning I'm dehydrated, especially since I drink easily 1-1.5 gallons of water/tea a day).