• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc is Dxm worth trying?

ovo1024

Bluelighter
Alright so I've heard dxm is more of a high school, last resort drug but is it worth trying? I'm 23 tried and abused most every other drug, excluding phycadelics. Tried shrooms once, never again. I've read alot of trip reports surrounding dxm and plateaus and such. So would i enjoy it and is it even worth buying? I'll have a benzo on hand if I start feeling to uncomfortable

It affects everyone somewhat differently. I personally had the best first trip imaginable on it, but it can be very psychologically addictive so beware.

I've always done it with marijuana, they synergize extremely well, plus it can relieve the nausea.

Erm well it's cheap as chips and easy as to get, it's not really a psychedelic you'll just feel almost drunk and probably a bit agitated and hot, that was my experience anyway. I tried it once and never did it again, no wow factor to it at all.

DXM is an incredible drug. Haf my very first trip on it when I fifteen years old, not saying that this is recommended. I used to drink robitussin all the time, sometimes up to two bottles in one night. I would have full on hallucinations on it when sitting in the dark with the lights off. Shadows would morph and change into any shape that I wanted them to. When you lay down and close your eyes, you can have lucid out of body experiences into dream worlds. It has been years, but lately I have been thinking about buying a bottle and taking a trip down memory lane to see if the experience still remains so divine and profound after all this time has passed.

as someone who tripped on DXM yesterday to "clear" their mind. dont ask. start with 100mg i forget the reason just do it. then try and see where 300mg or a 20 liquid gels gets ya. remember no goofysein you can get 15mg of dxm only at any pharmacy. a 20 count bottle should go for around 6$. i dont know if that counts as price discussion just stating a fact. i have gotten weird looks for buying 3 bottles at a time though so buy 2. one day i was bored and went to every pharmacy in a 5 mile radius (so about 10) and bought 2-3 bottles each when i first turned 18.

edit- and hour and a half yesterday after taking the pills i puked dissolved redish purpleish liquid into my parents beautiful white carpet and cant get the smell out so watch out for the nausea idk why it happened i also watched "the collector" and "the collection" bad move avoid horror movies at all costs. was kinda fun though seeing that kid get killed by a bear trap and those ravers killed by a tiller.

I backed a bottle of benylin when I did it, so 225mgs if my maths is correct, I don't know I just remember finding it annoying but whenever I read about people's positive experiences I do get tempted to give it another go

I used to extract it into a powder, just for the fun of the chemical reactions.

The drug itself is not worth your time.

Basically, it's a high school drug. Don't waste your time. If you do, don't just "robotrip" that's childish. The extraction is very easy and fun if you enjoy that sort of thing.

If you've never done DXM before you should do an allergy test first, because a percentage of the population has an Enzyme-deficiency that can make even therapeutic doses quite unpleasant and I think recreational doses could be pretty bad for your health.

Tried some cough syrup a couple of months ago, Got the wrong kind (the kind with guaifenesin and acetaminophen) took half the bottle maybe and felt terrible, fell asleep and when i woke up i still felt like shit.
A couple of weeks later I got the long lasting dxm and overdosed on it, went to the hospital, they injected me with 9mg of ativan and I was basically in a coma for 8 hours and lost about two days of memory. I'm not going to try the normal non long lasting dxm because of my experience but those are my two cents

Tried some cough syrup a couple of months ago, Got the wrong kind (the kind with guaifenesin and acetaminophen) took half the bottle maybe and felt terrible, fell asleep and when i woke up i still felt like shit.
A couple of weeks later I got the long lasting dxm and overdosed on it, went to the hospital, they injected me with 9mg of ativan and I was basically in a coma for 8 hours and lost about two days of memory. I'm not going to try the normal non long lasting dxm because of my experience but those are my two cents

Wow, be careful please, those are some bad experiences there, glad you're alright. What dose do you plan to take?

You must've misread. I dont think im going to try DXM again. Anyway thanks and yeah I feel stupid, usually I do tons of research before I do anything because i'm a hypochondriac, though I dont consider it a bad thing. The second time I did it I felt I had done enough research, but I didnt consider the fact that i'm really skinny and relatively a light weight when I try something new, also they gave me 9mgs of ativan and that shits about as strong as xanax which id never done, my heart rate must've been thru the roof for them to give me that much.

Oh yeah, I misread, thought you said you were still gonna try the regular non-long acting kind. Yeah, your heartrate musta been zoomin.

Thanks for all the replies guys, I've used dxm before in therapeutic doses like 60mg and felt no ill effects so i doubt I'm enzyme deficient or whatever. I do have a question tho so I know not to use the kind that contains acetaminophen or gyuissen sp? But what if it contains that anti histamine called doxycelin? If not I'll try to find the pure form in gel caps or whatever. I've decided to try a dose of 200mg and redose if needed.

^ are you sure it's called doxycelin ? I can't find any info about it, but there is a antihistamine called doxylamine, do you mean that ?
I think antihistamines in general will greatly increase the sedation and I know that if you combine DXM with DPH you get crazy hallucinations like spiders/insects flying all around you and stuff like that
If I were you I would try to find the pure form for the first few times :)

Yeah sorry I spelled it wrong haha, I guess you're right about that too I read plenty of horror stories of people trying to get high off Benadryl and having delirium seeing those insects and stuff. Definitely wouldn't want that while tripping lol. I'll attempt to seek out the pure stuff if I can. Also one more question I've read weed synergies nice with it but what about benzos? I can care less if it takes away from the trippy aspects but would it dull europhia? I'm more or less doing this to get high not really for the CEVs or the other things that come with it but know that's part of it so whatever

Found at wiki : "Combining dextromethorphan with other substances can compound risks. CNS stimulants such as amphetamine and/or cocaine can cause a dangerous rise in blood pressure and heart rate. CNS depressants such as ethanol (drinking alcohol) will have a combined depressant effect, which can cause a decreased respiratory rate. Combining dextromethorphan with other CYP2D6 substrates can cause both drugs to build to dangerous levels in the bloodstream "
As Benzos are CNS depressant be aware the risks above + benzos can cause a blackout and you don't want to wander around in a blackout high on DXM
Stay safe :)

A few years back I did around 120 mg's of DXM (chewed some Canadian Robitussin Coughgels). Seemed pretty underwhelming at the time - just an overbearing sense of "not-giving-a-shit". I suppose it may get interesting once you start approaching the third plateau, but the nausea was unpleasant enough as it is.

Hodor I doubt you we're even on the second plateau, which is where the fun starts.
But anyway OP you should try about 240 mg and increase dose if needed after a few hours because it cab take atleast a couple hours to kick in.
Oh and I honestly probably wouldn't even try it without some cannabis. I wouldn't do it without it now, years later either.

Hodor I doubt you we're even on the second plateau, which is where the fun starts.

Yeah, it was probably First Plateau, but I was still kind of disappointed - I'd read about first-plateau-doses being stimulating, but it wasn't even that - it simply felt like a general absence of emotions.

I could imagine the higher plateaus being interesting, since my experiences with Ketamine were mind-blowing, but as far as NMDA antagonists go, DXM kind of seems like too much of a dirty drug to me.

I have the Enzyme-deficiency,800mg of dxm deliver a 12 hour trip and a strong 3 day beautiful afterglow. (double vision even in day 3)
Too bad I don't have the time to do it as often as I would love to. (haven't done it for about 3 months now)

My unsettling side effects:
Severe constipation,anorgasmia,tiredness,almost no sex drive.

Nice things worth mentioning: Feeling reborn,astral projections,mindfucking lucid dreams,sudden intense euphoria,mental peacefulness.