View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is DXM +.Benzos safe/fun?

ComfortablyNumb95

Bluelight Crew
so, is it? do Benzos increase the dissociation and make the high more intense or do they just dull the trip? also is it safe to mix these drugs at low doses?

DXM? What fun does dxm offer? Silly question as I've downed a few bottles of tussin lol. To answer your question it (combining a benzo with a dissociative/psychedelic) decreases anxiety and some dissociatives increase heart rate etc so taking a benzo counters this. Do some reading I think someone else just posted about MXE and etizolam, mxe and the end or some such title... Safe well not really but is any drug? Better yet pharmacodynamics is an interesting field of study. :) My question is should I take more psychoactive substances at this point or just let it ride? 35 mg 2cb, 20 mg 4 HO MiPT...

While I have never mixed the two I have a friend who snorted 50mgs mxe and took 1.5mgs of xanax. He said it was an instant blackout and he woke up with a pounding headache. Don't know how that would apply to your situation but it's something to take into consideration.

Oh my god, I love this combo. I did 200mg dxm and 2-5mg lorazepam and it was great. I could barely talk and was just nodding smoking weed and tobacco. Gave me CEVs. Felt opioid-like, but broader and more drunkish and trippier.

I've been taking DXM with therapeutic doses of lorazepam, and been having a darned good time.

heh, funny coincidence that the benzo I have now is lorazepam! so how much DXM you guys think I should take along with 2.5-4.mg lorazepam with 0 dissociative tolerance?

I'd go for 120-200mg for a first time, depending on how dis'd you want to be.

and how should I take them, like DXM or lorazepam first, or should I ingest them at the same time?

Doesn't the benzo just increase things like drowsiness, confusion, amnesia and other such things? What would it actually promote? Well euphoria maybe if I had to bet...

ok I tried this combo yesterday with very low doses(2.5 mg lorazepam and two good sips of cough syrup) along with a bit of wine and weed.it was a cool high but the comedown made me really sleepy and was not very strong. I guess next time I'll try greater doses.
also I Have to add that even at such low doses I don't remember much of the night

Be careful in the future. I always give this story in disso + benzo threads but. . .yeah
A few years ago I took 8oz Robo and 2-3mg Lorazapam and freaked my wife out to the point of her driving my stupid ass to the ER. Doctors thought I was just on too many Benzos, I beeped one of their noses, and they sent me home. I got up the next morning and went to work, came home and had no idea why Liz was pissed at me, and had no clue till she told me before bed.
Stay low on the doses, DXM fucks your memory enough as it is.

yeah thanks for the warning.I'm sure stupid shit can happen with DXM and Benzos although I'm sure it's the benzo that ducks up memory the most

I see you already tried it but my 2 cents is that this combo looks extremely disorienting and confusing unless youre well acquainted with both DXM in high doses and Benzos in decent doses because they are both fairly confusing drugs that destroy memory in their own right so if you combine them I can easily see you forgetting what happened as well as having a less than positive experience. I would personally choose against combining these two but to each their own. I see you have alrady but again, as others have mentioned I would tread lightly as the safety of this is not documented very well or very thoroughly.

thanks again for the warning, yes I've already tried the combo but it was with very low doses (2,5 mg lorazepam with < 100 mgs DXM).
I gotta say I liked the effects but I don't remember a good deal of the time I was high, and that's very bad.
I guess I should lower the benzo and take more dBm next time, maybe it will reduce the retrograde amnesia.. any opinions?

I don't remember a good deal of the time I was high, and that's very bad.
I guess I should lower the benzo and take more dBm next time, maybe it will reduce the retrograde amnesia.. any opinions?

Seems like a thought, should help. Though I think a medium high dose of dBm and save the benzos for emergencies and/or trades is better still.

ha funny that you suggest that I save it for trades, actually when I tried the combo a friend of mine had bought some cough syrup so I have him half a pill and he gave a few sips of syrup. but yeah I would rather do a bigger dose of DXM than benzo+ DXM setting how bad is the amnesia even at very low doses

DXM? What fun does dxm offer? Silly question as I've downed a few bottles of tussin lol. To answer your question it (combining a benzo with a dissociative/psychedelic) decreases anxiety and some dissociatives increase heart rate etc so taking a benzo counters this. Do some reading I think someone else just posted about MXE and etizolam, mxe and the end or some such title... Safe well not really but is any drug? Better yet pharmacodynamics is an interesting field of study. :) My question is should I take more psychoactive substances at this point or just let it ride? 35 mg 2cb, 20 mg 4 HO MiPT...

epic post

I've heard dissociatives mix better with Z-drugs like ambien, although you might not remember anything..