• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Is Drug taking Stealing your Soul Juice

The main difference between Buddhism and christianity is jesus was the son of a carpenter and buddha was the son of a prince :)

Drug use depletes essence (jing), but not the soul.

You can offset the depletion by going into a psychedelic experience in good shape (nutrition, physical fitness, having had enough sleep, good mood, etc.), and doing proper after care. If your body is missing anything or you dose too high, you will deplete your body's stores and beyond. (Think down to the bone, to the core of the bone, and to the core of the core.) It's an eastern concept, and one that I strongly believe it.

Essence is limited to this life, but it relates to your life span.

Drug use depletes essence (jing), but not the soul.

You can offset the depletion by going into a psychedelic experience in good shape (nutrition, physical fitness, having had enough sleep, good mood, etc.), and doing proper after care. If your body is missing anything or you dose too high, you will deplete your body's stores and beyond. (Think down to the bone, to the core of the bone, and to the core of the core.) It's an eastern concept, and one that I strongly believe it.

Essence is limited to this life, but it relates to your life span.

Not sure about this one. I would say that *healthy*, yet difficult and intense psychedelic experiences are akin to a strong spiritual workout, that you come out stronger for having done so. I never feel long-term depletion on the back of breakthrough psychedelic experiences, I feel reinforced, reinvigorated, and recharged, like I am expanding my spiritual boundaries. Of course you should take care of your physical vessel prior to embarking on a deep trip, but if you've done that, you're in a good position to make significant spiritual gains.

Many people advocate meditation over psychedelics as a path to expanding one's spirituality, that psychedelic use is decadent, or a shortcut. I would say that they are merely two different approaches to the same goal. I would say the differences are primarily in duration and intensity. Meditation is like going for a 3 mile walk every day, psychedelics are like a weekly two-hour total body weight lifting session. Both will improve your physical fitness, both have positives and negatives, but both work towards the same thing. And, ideally, as part of a fitness plan, you would do both. There's no reason to avoid either method, and the two methods combine synergistically, each enhancing the effects of the other.

So no, psychedelics, if done properly, do not deplete your essence, so to speak. They invigorate it, and are a useful tool for both expanding the mind and energizing the spirit.

You can replenish your soul juice by licking a female's cunt.

Not sure about this one. I would say that *healthy*, yet difficult and intense psychedelic experiences are akin to a strong spiritual workout, that you come out stronger for having done so. I never feel long-term depletion on the back of breakthrough psychedelic experiences, I feel reinforced, reinvigorated, and recharged, like I am expanding my spiritual boundaries. Of course you should take care of your physical vessel prior to embarking on a deep trip, but if you've done that, you're in a good position to make significant spiritual gains.

Many people advocate meditation over psychedelics as a path to expanding one's spirituality, that psychedelic use is decadent, or a shortcut. I would say that they are merely two different approaches to the same goal. I would say the differences are primarily in duration and intensity. Meditation is like going for a 3 mile walk every day, psychedelics are like a weekly two-hour total body weight lifting session. Both will improve your physical fitness, both have positives and negatives, but both work towards the same thing. And, ideally, as part of a fitness plan, you would do both. There's no reason to avoid either method, and the two methods combine synergistically, each enhancing the effects of the other.

So no, psychedelics, if done properly, do not deplete your essence, so to speak. They invigorate it, and are a useful tool for both expanding the mind and energizing the spirit.

I'm not saying that depleting essence does not have its purpose. I would rather deplete some essence using psychedelics than engaging in some other kind of mindless activity that depletes it but with little gain. Nonetheless, essence is depleted by psychedelics.

Also, doing psychedelics is not the same as a physical workout. Most psychedelics are catabolic and deplete some aspect of the nervous system and other biochemistries, otherwise recovery periods would not be necessary. Again, not saying it's not worth it or to avoid psychedelics, just that it does still deplete essence.

If you depend on drugs to take the place of your 'soul juice' ;) then it is done.

Maybe for some mediation is strictly relaxing and reflecting, walking the beach, gardening or sewing,
but being able to induce bliss, an OBE, putting oneself in a transcendental state is nothing drugs can compare to.
Sure these things happen while on them, but, for few people, and even if it were everytime one might not ever know.

And besides it is much better having no tool to help
that can leave the user helpless.

<3

this requires some background. in buddhism, we seek enlightenment, but also freedom from suffering - the word is dukkha. relating to this, the Buddha put forth the four Noble Truths:

The Truth of Dukkha is that all conditional phenomena and experiences are not ultimately satisfying;

The Truth of the Origin of Dukkha is that craving for and clinging to what is pleasurable and aversion to what is not pleasurable result in becoming, rebirth, dissatisfaction, and redeath;

The Truth of the Cessation of Dukkha is that putting an end to this craving and clinging also means that rebirth, dissatisfaction, and redeath can no longer arise;

The Truth of the Path Of Liberation from Dukkha is that by following the Noble Eightfold Path—namely, behaving decently, cultivating discipline, and practicing mindfulness and meditation—an end can be put to craving, to clinging, to becoming, to rebirth, to dissatisfaction, and to redeath.

There is a distinction between Pleasure and Joy. Pleasure is the reward for fulfilling a craving, but it always fades and leaves a hole that needs to be filled by even more Pleasure. Joy, OTOH, comes from having a healthy spirit and leading a good life. In essence, we believe that most people are addicted to reality. They/we seek only pleasure, and spend our lives chasing that dragon. Even though we know life in this world is unsatisfying, if not outright suffering, we come back to it again and again, for that pleasure fix.

The neurochemical meaning is the difference between dopamine and serotonin. Dopamine is pleasure and addiction, serotonin is joy and transcendence. For me, to be spiritually complete, I must not have any active addictions, include the food addiction that is ubiquitous in america and I can't have any dopaminergic drugs in my system. They completely block my mojo. THC and caffeine have no effect, but a shot of whiskey or a cigarette blocks me.

But then there's DXM and the dissociatives. They boost my mojo, drastically at times. There are a couple of possible reasons for this - one is that DXM reduces sensory input to the brain - it's a bit of a sensory deprivation tank in a pill and sense-dep is associated with psychic amplification. NMDA antagonists also interrupt addictive withdrawal, sometimes dramatically. It's possible that DXM briefly makes you not addicted to reality itself.

I vaguely recall reading this thread first time out.

So, I am going to go with probably.

I agree that there are some things worth putting yourself out for. Depleted is ok.

My soul juice, mojo, whatever ish is neverending, probably.

:)