• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is DMT a good Idea for someone that has never took Psychedelic's

Short duration but heavy, intense, experience (depending on the dosage...). It could be very hard for a first-psychedelic-tripper to come back and not get scared.

For first psychedelic sessions I would personally suggest something like 4-HO-MET, 4-HO-DIPT or 2C-B.

i'd reccomend LSA in lower doses. i found it easy to integrate, extremely enjoyable, and both recreational and spiritual/theraputic/introspective.

If it is your first time using any psychedelic... and using DMT... You will have a mystical spiritual religious etc... what ever your into experience

I feel that DMT is a good place to start. It is a lot less stressful and shorter lasting than an LSD trip. I'm not guaranteeing you won't have a psychotic break from even it, though; that happened to me the first time I tripped (which was on a heroic dose of clean LSD), but I got over it and went on trip extensively on a smorgasbord of psychedelics, including more LSD, and I never had another one.

bluubery; there's a large discussion about whether or not a shaman is actually needed. DMT nexus basically concluded it isn't necessary as long as the individual has done enough research and understands what they are about to go through. ayahuasca is now being administered at home by people who seek healing; and they get their healing without the shaman's presence.

Sorry, I must have phrased that incorrectly. I meant that for someone with a fragile mental state (I assumed this b/c he said he had been to the nut house twice, but I'm still unclear what the circumstances were that led him to be sent there), it would be unwise to take a full on aya trip without someone who knows how to hold space and guide someone through that experience. But of course that's just my opinion.

I feel like for anyone with a robust psyche, there's no need whatsoever to have a shaman to mediate your contact with the divine. Have at it! I just feel like people with a perhaps more fragile mental state (for whatever reason) need to have someone with them who really knows the ropes to keep things flowing smoothly. I'm sick of hearing about people who are in a terrible mental state take drugs and then freak out and blame the drugs.

Of course none of us can say for sure because the effects of these drugs are so variable.

Every substance here causes different effects for different people. You know your body better than we do so you need to be the one to decide what route you'd like to go. Nevermind what people are recommending. Do your own research and listen to experiences. As well as have someone with the wisdom to be with during your experience.

To think about it, DMT WILL be easier to handle at low doses and inch your way in. That's the perfect advice. However, even though you just saw visuals and got a feel, a breakthrough will remain absolutely overwhelming as a first trip.

My friend G was a virgin tripper a week or 2 back. We got him to hit DMT through a weed smoke by taking 1 long draw and holding it. Slowly he took more and more and was loving it.

Tried to breakthrough and couldn't due to letting go.

My friend K did the same except he went from 1 hit to breakthrough and didn't go thru due to not letting go.

My friend J started on 3.5gs shrooms and can handle DMT better than them. He's only done that shroom trip.

I believe delving into LSD or Mushrooms will give you a better understanding of the ego dissolving and "letting go". This is because it may not destroy your ego and force you to go out there like a DMT breakthrough. To me it's like asking to do a heroic dose of a psychedelic as your first time.

The user will be far too inexperienced to understand the destruction of the ego and that's what my friend K couldn't accept. The fact that he knew he would have left his body. the whole time he was saying yeah yeah im ready. But when it was time his mind showed him how unready he really was. Not that they had bad trips but the ease of breakthrough is much harder when you don't know how to let a trip take you.

Now if they had done acid at a 1tab or shrooms at a 2-3.5gs then they'd be able to handle DMT IMO. At some point during acid you learn all about needing to let go and shit. I've never done shrooms but this was how acid was for me. I did it a handful of times before my first DMT breakthrough.

I would think a first time DMT experience would scare most folk away from the psychedelic experience ( A breakthrough dose 30mg)... I think with most of us, there is always that space in time, between wanting to take a dose of any psychedelic. The anxiety just before taking it, the come up and other factors... But In the end, the trip is usually always wonderful...

Anyone's first time; It is important, that the attitude of people that may be around you are positive when you take your first dose, your set and setting... state of mind... This will effect how your experience turns out....

Because everyone is different, in how they think, your religious backgrounds, happy of depressed etc...... is why you never know how things turn out your first time...

My first time was by myself with 300 ug LSD. I was fortunate enough it was in a very positive environment... I did not now what to expect except for what the schools were teaching at the time, "how bad it was" (NOT)... it did leave me in awe... Led me down a wonderful path...