• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is DMT a good Idea for someone that has never took Psychedelic's

Sounds somewhat familiar. My first psychedelic experience was coincidentally with DMT in the form of ayahuasca (until then I had only smoked small amounts of really shitty weed). It was a rather traumatic overdose, I was depressed, anxious, and it had been a year or two since my first psychiatric ward stay. Didn't take long for me to go back there afterwards. I'm glad that I had this experience though, I faced so many hellish fears during it I cannot possibly even describe it. I was changed forever, not sure if for good or bad. I knew more know, I felt like I had crossed a line and I could never go back, it scared me first until I realized I just have to accept it. I definately didn't get a better outlook on life, I may have gotten even more depressed with my existential crisis being jacked up a level higher. Didn't try to take my life after that anymore but I've gotten even more self-destructive in the years after. But that was just my experience, I was young and really had no idea what I was even doing back then.

Psychedelics are a pandoras box, are you willing to open it? I don't think anyone else can tell you anything except to remind you that there are both potential risks and rewards and the best way they think to avoid the risks and gain the benefits. You certainly seem to lean towards the risk group. Curiosity is a funny thing though, it can rarely be satisfied by just leaving things as they are. It could be that smoked DMT is actually your best choice when it comes to trying psychedelics, the duration is very short and you can start with very, very small doses just to take a peek inside the pandoras box. If the vibes you are getting from it are positive, you could peek a little further. If the vibes you get are bad but the experience feels somehow important and profound, can you resist pushing it further and potentially finding out something you weren't quite ready for yet?

id begin with everything but dmt honestly. its by far the strongest experience someone can have.
2g of shrooms should be your intro.

Hi, the beautiful thing about DMT is that you can take practically any dose and get effects. I suggest you start small (maybe 10mg) just to get a feel for the high. You might only get a body buzz with minor visuals.
Then you can step up the dose another 10 or 20 if you believe you can handle more.
The first time i smoked DMT i was very nervous even though i am VERY experienced psych use. I had ~50 heavy mushroom trips before I was 18 years old.
Anyways, I was very nervous about how 'powerful' it was until I took the first hit and realized its a very lucid minded feeling, just very very visual.
IMO, it is a good intro to hallucinogens because of the dose factor and the lack of a mind fuck. Ive taken pretty large rips while on acid, mushrooms, mdma, and every trip is pretty clearminded.

Just remember to keep your eyes closed. Thats where the trip is, behind your eyelids.

I don't understand...if he was stuck in a trip...would he barely be able to talk or stuff? Or does that mean he just has HPPD and its an exaggeration. I never understood when they say that. Maybe I'm stuck in a trip because if I stare at the floor it starts to move a little, but overall I'm a normally functioning guy. People wouldn't guess I would have done psychedelics unless they know the "personality signs" to look for. I can drive alright and do most things alright and believe the HPPD will completely go away one day if I stay away from psychedelics. And I wouldn't recommend DMT. Normally people on this board say if you do seroquel and go to mental hospitals you shouldn't do hallucinogens. If i made this thread I would get yelled at, but it seems when other people make this thread they're like "Ya bro go ahead and trip!"....or whatever. But you get what I'm saying. But I agree with the guy who says start off with 2 g's of shrooms if anything. Don't start off with DMT. Peace and love.

nothing can really prepare you for a DMT experience; not even other psychedelics. but DMT users need help from other DMT users; they need a community. join the DMTnexus.me and you'll have a pretty professional community that can answer many DMT regarded questions and concerns you may have.

but if you're curious; go for the leap! :) just don't buy or sell it and feel free to learn how to extract it yourself for sharing or personal use. if you have trouble getting good chemicals for extraction use a foodsafe lime/vinegar tek. hope you get to experience it but always know there is no rush :) many people wait years before undergoing this experience.

***I haven't read any replies, or even the OP in full***

Personally, if set/setting etc are appropriate, I don't see an issue with it. Just explain to the prospective user exactly what to expect including body load etc, and ensure that the dose is appropriately small.

Last year at a doof, I blew myself into hyperspace with some DMT I'd kinda assumed had probably degraded too much to be useful. My girlfriend (now also a BL'er) was also in attendance, and had never experienced a true psychedelic before. The whole time I was gone, one recurring thought I kept having was that I couldn't wait for her to get back to the camp, as I was absolutely 10000000% convinced that what I'd experienced would be a perfect introduction for her to psychedelics, albeit at a lower dose and as long as she was mentally prepared for an onslaught of (amazingly good) feelings and sensations she'd never felt before.

DMT, while incredibly potent and potentially overwhelming, isn't a terrible idea imo. Its short duration and euphoria make it a good choice as long as dosage is appropriate and the person knows they're not going to die no matter what crazy shit happens in that 15 minutes :)

FWIW, her introduction via DMT went really well. Was only a 'sprinkle' in a cone sandwiched between some weed. Maybe 20mg. Was eyeballed, but using my immediately previous eyeballed dose as a reference, was certainly small enough.

Ok...The advice I'm about to give you is my personal opinion from personal experience, as well as being the "baby-sitter" and the dosage administrator for various psychedelics.
Tripping is all in the mind. Mainly your subconscious. Knowing what kind of person you are doesn't necessarily determine how your trip is going to be. But it can determine whether it's going to be a good trip or a bad trip. If you stress and worry and muster up all these different scenarios that could happen, that can have a lot to do with the direction this trip is going to go. Regardless of what kind of substance you decide to do, just know that it's going to be an enlightening experience. As long as you pay attention and learn from what it has to teach you. Even if it does turn out to be a bad trip, there's still something to learn from it. Even if it's just finding out that your mind wasn't strong enough to handle it. I believe that as long as you're not scared, it will be a pleasant experience. You already seem like you're ready for the experience and curious as to what you will experience. I myself have done MASSIVE amounts of shrooms, LSD, DMT, Ketamine (and yes Ketamine is a psychedelic trip) and I'm sure there are some other substances that I've done that I can't remember. I've only had 1 bad trip and that was because I convinced myself that the acid I took was mixed with something else. Which it wasn't and I freaked out for a minute, but I was and still am fine. I wouldn't say that DMT is a more powerful psychedelic than shrooms or LSD, but it is definitely different. Much more personally insightful. If you'd rather do DMT because of its short duration, go for it. Just realize that you're diving into a much more self reflecting experience than LSD. In my experience, LSD and shrooms are also self reflection but, for me, it's almost like putting my mind in someone else's body. It most certainly gives you a very different perspective of perception. You know the saying "Two minds are better than one" that's probably why a lot of people come up with some out-of-the-box, but very good ideas. Hell, Bill Gates designed windows will tripping balls on LSD. Anyways I can sit here and type and type about this stuff so I'm gonna shut up and leave it at that. If you have any other questions, feel free.

i took a legal high few years ago witch was passed as e , it had dmt in it and it was ok.Should of been pissed at been ripped off really but id take it again mild but lengthy experience

whoah! DMT is NOT a party drug; i would be pissed if i were somewhere where i would normally take E or molly and get DMT. it would need an MAOI though. and if it had actual MDMA in it it could potentially harm you. but it'd need an MAOI for it to even work.

What the hell is going on here? No you didn't take a fucking E with DMT in it, I promise you. Do more reading and you will understand why that makes no sense. Aya? Fuck no this guy should not take ayahuasca! MAYBE if you were under actual supervision by a shaman, it could be a healing experience for you, but come on.. Given his past experiences it just doesn't seem like a good ride for him!

With the little info you've given us, I just don't think it's a great idea for you to try psychs to be honest, OP. You said you "went to the nut house" for cannabis and ecstasy? If you had a hard time mentally with those two substances, I really don't think psychedelics are a good idea for you. I mean that in the most respectful way, it just seems like you are perhaps prone to the more difficult side of those drug experiences.

That said, you will probably do whatever you want regardless of what we say, so like someone above said, DMT is effective in very small doses too. I would think that a 5-10mg DMT trip would be way easier to deal with than 2g of shrooms. I just don't think it's a great idea for you, if you want my honest opinion.

I would think that a 5-10mg DMT trip would be way easier to deal with than 2g of shrooms. I just don't think it's a great idea for you, if you want my honest opinion.

this. psychedelics can show you a different perspective and be very enjoyable, but if you have mental issues they can also deepen those. if you have occasional panic attacks a trip has the potential to trigger months of regular panic attacks, if you slightly lose touch with reality sometimes a trip can cause a full blown psychotic episode.

HIghTillIDie, I do get the feeling that you are considering this for the right reasons atleast. I would hazard a guess that DMT might allow you to sort of relive the past with a different perspective and psychedelics definately have the power to force you to face your demons, but they are in no way a guarantee of getting rid of them, I think that the best case scenario is you face them and conquer them and the worst case scenario is you face them and they deepen your traumas. You will need to consider your set & setting very carefully and preferably have an experienced guide with you. Think of psychedelic therapy, it will hopefully be a more common option for people in the future. MAPS has a guide intended for professional therapists for MDMA therapy for PTSD patients atleast, you could check that out.

http://www.maps.org/research-archiv...otherapy_Treatment_Manual_Version_6_FINAL.pdf

It's a huge thing to read though.

EDIT: My personal experiences were positive with what most people would consider extremely low doses of DMT while on moclobemide for depression (a MAOI medication), they made me realize many things about the world and myself without completely destroying the reality in which I thought I existed like a high dose in my experience would do. Still I saw some things I'm not sure I wanted to see or know yet because I was unsure if I was ready for them. I thought I was, took the drug, shit got real and I started having second thoughts so to speak. That's why it's important to start cautiously.

Last edited:
bluubery; there's a large discussion about whether or not a shaman is actually needed. DMT nexus basically concluded it isn't necessary as long as the individual has done enough research and understands what they are about to go through. ayahuasca is now being administered at home by people who seek healing; and they get their healing without the shaman's presence.

with that said; a shaman has experience administering ayahuasca. so the shaman can be helpful for a number of things due to his/her experience and understanding of ayahuasca. but a shaman isn't necessary for ayahuasca. ayahuasca is much more powerful but many have claimed it is more of a healing experience and that it's easier to integrate than freebase DMT. freebase DMT is too "all at once" for most people to comprehend and many people soon forget their experience; whereas ayahuasca you are able to recall and understand the experience more effectively.

with all of this said this is just my opinion. furthermore i'm no expert on DMT or ayahuasca. also keep in mind that different drugs react differently to different people. so ecstacy (MDMA, fillers/adulterants) could respond badly to this guy but something like DMT, LSA, or a chemical that is different from MDMA (or the adulterants); might react differently. he might simply react badly to MDMA but with other drugs he might react posatively.

this is why you always start with a "test dose" when you are trying a new substance or when you are trying a street substance (better yet; get a testing kit!)

DMT actually sounds to me like the perfect beginner psychedelic because of its short duration.

Exactly ^^^ so as long as the person is of the understanding that no matter how weird shit gets, they WILL be back to baseline 20 minutes later, it makes it a lot easier to handle. IMO.