• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is depression a withdrawal symton from hydrocodone?

No need to be afraid of withdrawl symptoms since you wont be getting addicted again, make sure you are completely done withdrawling before taking it again periodically to make sure to not get addicted again
If you've ever been addicted to Opiates and been through withdrawal you will be much more susceptible to withdrawal symptoms after future use. For some, all it takes is to use once or just for a few days and withdrawal symptoms rear their ugly head.
Is it possible that I became addicted after 30 days of prescribed use?
Yeah, it's possible.. But that all depends on your personality/brain chemistry etc..

Last edited:
No need to be afraid of withdrawl symptoms since you wont be getting addicted again, make sure you are completely done withdrawling before taking it again periodically to make sure to not get addicted again
Do you intentionally try to give fucked up advice? I'm being serious because I've seen some of your posts and you are either an asshole or naïve or possibly both.
OP whatever you do don't take advice from this dickhead he knows not his ass from his elbow!!!!

OP....IMO any substance that generally makes you "feel good" is ABSOLUTELY easily and mistakenly easy to become dependant/addicted to.

You seem sincere in you had a mths supply. That's plenty of time to atleast crave that feel good feeling forever. And took them as directed.

I believe even the strongest willed person couldn't say no to using Pain pills everyday I they were sitting on their dresser every evening after a long stressful day.

I wish you the best, in regards to your symptoms. you should be fine very soon. With such a small time of using as prescribed. I went through the same with Xanax withdrawal. Sad. crying, afraid, hopelessness, etc. This was a 6-8 mg a day Xanax habit of about 3 yrs.

Good luck to you, keep us updated

Thanks for responding.

It has been about a week.

IMHO, due to your low duration of usage (one month is really little time - some people here use harder full agonists for years or decades) and the fact that hydrocodone is one of the weakest opioid agonists, after one week I'd say you're over the hump and the depression will soon go away. I advise against attempting to treat it with anything other than self-administered cognitive behavioral therapy (basically just control your thoughts and try to keep them positive) and you'll be out of the woods in no time.

Do you have pre-existing depression?

If you were living in an opiated state for even just a month, returning to the non-opiated state can be uncomfortable. In part your pleasure pathways, nucleus accumbens and related brain stuff were occupied and happy without much effort. This passes quite easily for some and is longer and more difficult for others.

There are ways to get your natural, internal opiate high going on. For some folks its vigorous exercise. For others its video games. Any project that you find gives you focus and satisfaction is likely a way out of post opiate ennui. Things will get better.

I am first going to say, thank you for your service OP. I feel our country should be doing more for our Veterans, and less for our Corporations.

Have you considered therapy? I self medicated my depression, panic disorder, and OCD for years, but since I am on a medication that brings me closer to baseline from my normally high strung, scared of his own shadow self, my life has gotten better. A psychiatrist can diagnose you, and a psychotherapist will help you integrate what has happened to you into your life. I had a lot of horrible things happen to me and just having a sympathetic ear that you know anything you talk about won't leave that room has been very helpful to me.

I am first going to say, thank you for your service OP. I feel our country should be doing more for our Veterans, and less for our Corporations.

Have you considered therapy? I self medicated my depression, panic disorder, and OCD for years, but since I am on a medication that brings me closer to baseline from my normally high strung, scared of his own shadow self, my life has gotten better. A psychiatrist can diagnose you, and a psychotherapist will help you integrate what has happened to you into your life. I had a lot of horrible things happen to me and just having a sympathetic ear that you know anything you talk about won't leave that room has been very helpful to me.
Listen to this guy he always give intelligent,compassionate advice,one of my fav BLs!!!

IMHO, due to your low duration of usage (one month is really little time - some people here use harder full agonists for years or decades) and the fact that hydrocodone is one of the weakest opioid agonists, after one week I'd say you're over the hump and the depression will soon go away. I advise against attempting to treat it with anything other than self-administered cognitive behavioral therapy (basically just control your thoughts and try to keep them positive) and you'll be out of the woods in no time.

Do you have pre-existing depression?
Thank you for your reply.

I am diagnosed with PTSD, but I have not dealt with anything like the way I am feeling right now.

Thank you! I really appreciate it.
I have been to therapy. I was prescribed Xanax and Paxil (SP?) after being diagnosed with PTSD. I stopped taking the Xanax a while ago and I never took the Paxil. I read a lot about it and it spooked me. I did not want to "not be there", if you know what I mean. I need to focus all of my attention on my kids and I do not want to feel just there.

I had surgery on my shoulder about a year ago, so between doctor's appointments and physical therapy I couldn't make it to the mental health therapy because I just didn't have the time and it is pretty far away. I have since been in contact and I am hoping to get back in soon.

I have been through a lot of stuff, but I have never felt like this in my life. It is absolutely overwhelming and crippling.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Is it possible that I became addicted after 30 days of prescribed use?
Yea you can become addicted but after only about a week, or a little more you can go back to being non addicted and using them, and namnoc im giving him solid advice. dont assume just because your weak everyone else is

Yea you can become addicted but after only about a week, or a little more you can go back to being non addicted and using them, and namnoc im giving him solid advice. dont assume just because your weak everyone else is
Once addicted asshole you are always addicted you might not be dependent but you can't go back to being a non addict. Also if you fell into the fire once why risk getting burned again.
Anyway I go back to my original observation of you, you are a dickhead!

Once addicted asshole you are always addicted you might not be dependent but you can't go back to being a non addict. Also if you fell into the fire once why risk getting burned again.
Anyway I go back to my original observation of you, you are a dickhead!
And your an ignorant asshole that thinks "im too weak to not need to be high everyday so im sure everyone else is" its called willpower buddy get some.

Damn guys, calm down. This thread is about helping testudo get well, not for dicksizing our philosophies.

Testudo, just google "cognitive behavioral therapy". It is so much more, but in a nutshell it is about controlling your thoughts so you can corral them in the direction you want them to go, not into the depressive abyss.

I got CBT professionally and then learned to administer it to myself and it has really helped me with pre-existing depression and then also with the severe mind-fuck that comes with kicking opiates.

^ You are absolutely correct Phil,nice to see you on the forums again! Cooler heads prevail!

justtakethat I apologize it just scares me when I feel like someone is being misguided down the road of opiate abuse and in a round about way you correctly pointed out it's my shit not anyone elses! Sincerely I'm sorry!
OP best of luck and sorry about the anger I displayed on your thread!

Kudos, namnoc16, for being the bigger person. I always love seeing an apology where apology is due.

Anyway, good luck testudo, hope you start feeling better soon.