• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is Dalmane (Flurazepam) discontinued??

Oldschoolpaisan43

Greenlighter
So is Mylan going to discontinue Dalmane?! I can’t get my script anywhere and every pharmacist is saying that production might start again in December 2019; though that’s not for sure! I’d hate to have to go back to Temazepam, I only take a sleeping pill maybe 5-9 times a month, but Temazepam makes me groggy in the am. I know that’s weird because of it’s short half life compared to Flurazepam’s crazy long half life.lol

I don't think it's been discontinued in general, but obviously it depends on your country.
It sounds more like they are just having manufacturing problems. That happened with my allergy meds once and they had to switch brands. Can you not get generic Flurazepam?

I don't think it's been discontinued in general, but obviously it depends on your country.
It sounds more like they are just having manufacturing problems. That happened with my allergy meds once and they had to switch brands. Can you not get generic Flurazepam?
I’m in the U.S.A and my pharmacist said that mylan is the only manufacturer of generic Flurazepam. They discontinued brand name Dalmane some years back. I just don’t see why most doctors seem to be thrilled with Temazepam over Flurazepam in the U.S. I guess because we never experienced the abuse epidemic of it like many European countries in the 80s-90s. Yet we’re seeing that issue here with primarily Xanax and it’s still being passed out like candy.lol Though NYU old doc before I moved only prescribed Valium or Klonopin to patients whom wanted to use Benzos longer than 4 weeks.lol He told me how angry and defensive people got on their second appointment when he wrote them a script for Valium instead. He said one patient even blatantly said, “BUT VALIUM LITERALLY MAKES ME FEEL NOTHING!” Ahaha Anyways I hope that Flurazepam doesn’t get discontinued, I can make a bottle of 30 last a while and really helps. I’ve heard of people panicking about Busiprone in the USA as well right now. Appearently they’re on backstock even for all of their genetics until Christmas time. I remember this happened with Adderall back in 2011 and everyone was switching to Vyvanse.lol