• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is concerta really worth it ?

Zeiton

Bluelighter
I read many reports on this chem, from people claiming it was the closest thing to coke they've tried to people who said it is a good study aid. I want to hear some direct comments from you on this topic, is this drug all that great or is it just super strong caffeine ??

I read many reports on this chem, from people claiming it was the closest thing to coke they've tried to people who said it is a good study aid. I want to hear some direct comments from you on this topic, is this drug all that great or is it just super strong caffeine ??

Noooooo. You dont want that. Terrible comedown, lots of jitters. There is a good amount of stimulation & euphoria but the side effects arent worth it. What you want is dexedrine.

Concerta is almost exactly the same thing as Ritalin it's just that with the time release it lasts 12 hours.

My brother is prescribed it and he hates it but he can't get Ritalin cause he lives in Japan and they don't prescribe like anything good in Japan, I mean they are WAY worse than the U.S. and won't even prescribe him Ritalin.

So he gave me some a few times when he was home and at first I didn't like it because what he would do is remove the time release things from the capsules so they'd be shorter acting and when he'd do that and I'd take it I didn't like it and it gave me jitters.

But then he gave me two of the normal ones the way they come to just take them both in the morning and I had a GREAT day on them.

Then another time I combined them with Kratom and that gave me an excellent high.

Yes, it does often give bad jitters, or at least it did when my brother tampered with it and made his own instant release ones, and he gets jitters all the time from them and complains, but IMO now I see its true potential and it can be good stuff sometimes if you react properly to it.

He says that some days he'll take it and it will do nothing at all and others he'll feel ok from it and that for some reason he thinks it's a weird temperamental drug that has a mind of its own.

There are drugs like that, like kind of Kratom in a way will behave weird, even though it is quite possibly my favorite drug, sometimes even the same doses of the same strains will behave differently and it can at times be unpredictable, but it's ten times better than Concerta.

Anyways, IMO Ritalin is probably better, but yes Dexadrine and Adderall (close to the same thing) are WAY better than either. I'm trying to see if I can convince my psych. to prescribe Adderall right now, or at least I will when i see him soon (he's the only psych. I've ever met covered in tattoos everywhere but his face and used to be a hippie and is pretty cool so I think I have a shot HAHAHA).

But yeah, Concerta is the same thing as Ritalin more or less, comes with lots of jitters and side effects, but also has euphoria that can be nice, but if you have a choice get Dexedrine or Adderall.

Concerta is extended release methylphenidate. Methylphenidate is a amphetamine derivative with an effect some similar to cocaine. In scientific studies no people neither animals can't difference methylphenidate and cocaine. Is used in ADD, narcolepsy and some depressions. I take by medical prescription inmediate release methylphenidate in 20mg tablets with the brand name Rubifen 20mg. With IR methylphenidate tablets you can crush it and snort. I take three tablets daily, so 60mg and almost all orally but sometimes I snort one smoking after a cigar and I love it. With 60mg IR methylphenidate daily I have not comedown neither side effects. For me is a very worthy drug. In USA methylphenidate is in schedule II with amphetamine, cocaine and morphine

Last edited:
Concerta is extended release methylphenidate. Methylphenidate is a amphetamine derivative with an effect some similar to cocaine. In scientific studies no people neither animals can't difference methylphenidate and cocaine. Is used in ADD, narcolepsy and some depressions. I take by medical prescription inmediate release methylphenidate in 20mg tablets with the brand name Rubifen 20mg. With IR methylphenidate tablets you can crush it and snort. I take three tablets daily, so 60mg and almost all orally but sometimes I snort one smoking after a cigar and I love it. With 60mg IR methylphenidate daily I have not comedown neither side effects. For me is a very worthy drug. In USA methylphenidate is in schedule II with amphetamine, cocaine and morphine

I know everyone says Ritalin/Conerta is close to Cocaine but I call bullshit. Sure, STRUCTURALLY it's close, but it's not close in feeing in most people's opinions, not to mention the difference of ROA of swallowing Ritalin/Concerta vs snorting Coke. In the "scientific study that says no people can differentiate" they left me out hahahaha.

When I snorted Coke, while I kind of liked it, I felt so high strung I felt like my heart hurt after I was done and my whole body was tense as fuck, and Ritalin/Concerta does nothing like that.

It's the same bullshit Dr. Karl Hart says about how Adderall is one molecule away from Meth. He's right, that part isn't bullshit, but I liked what Hamilton Morris said the other day "the flip side is Meth is one molecule from Adderall".

Try to make the argument that the common ROA of smoking crystal meth doesn't make it MASSIVELY different from swallowing Adderall. Maybe if you smoked Adderall and swallowed meth they'd be more comparable but they just plain fucking arent. ROA changes things MASSIVELY, and the one molecule perhaps changes things as well. Not to mention, as Hamilton also pointed out, Meth is prescribed also in low doses for ADHD but it's to be taken orally, and consider even the difference between low dose prescription oral Meth usage vs non-prescription smoked Crystal Meth in massive doses. These are HUGE differences. The "one molecule away" arguments leave these things out.

Anyways, I'm drunk, there's my rant lol.

Personally I don't enjoy methylphenidate, but you might be different.

I found it very unpleasant in both its IR and XR (i.e. Concerta) forms; it gave me panic attacks, constant anxiety, and a distinctive sensation of paranoia and that my friends and people close to me were only nice to me because they wanted something from me. I also got pretty bad physical side-effects/body load from it, including tachycardia, restlessness/pacing, urinary retention, and complete sexual dysfunction. In terms of studying, it seemed to only make my memory worse (as in I couldn't remember what I'd read 5 minutes ago), and didn't help me to focus on anything productive (which may have been purely because of the anxiety it gave me, or merely exacerbated by it). I got literally nothing at all done during the days I was on Ritalin, nor the 2 days I tried EPH, which for all intents and purposes was totally identical.

I've never taken cocaine so I can't compare any personal experiences, but my understanding is that cocaine is different because it also blocks reuptake of serotonin in addition to dopamine and noradrenaline. Think of MDMA compared to plain amphetamine (although I do realise this analogy is not perfect because we're talking about reuptake inhibitors rather than direct releasers).

Concerta is extended release methylphenidate and one pill makes an effect during 12 hours. I am prescribed methylphenidate in 20mg inmediate release tabs with the brand name Rubifen 20mg. For methylphenidate is similar to coke it must be snorted. With my IR tablets you only must crush it and snort but methylphenidate in Concerta form can't be snorted. The highest you can make with Concerta is manipulate the pill to get some IR methylphenidate that you can take orally. Orally methylphenidate is very different in IR than in XR, so I advice you to get the IR methylphenidate from Concerta and take it orally