Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is color of 4-AcO-MET brown?

Catodion

Bluelighter
I tried googling it but I gave up.

What color is 4-AcO-MET compound supposed to be if it's in the right state?
I've just received a package looking like what i can describe as brown-sugar like color.

thanks a lot guys. i guess i just flushed 100€ down the toilet

Last edited:
Could always try wash it? Although no idea what with.

I wouldn't flush it. You got reagent to test it?
Try an allergy test maybe?
I've had brown 2cb/2ci before and it was fine, if anything stronger than the white stuff I've had.

I haven't heard of washing drugs before. Anyway, i think i'll just play it safe and discard it. I'm prone to panic attacks while i'm tripping so ingesting questionable material won't be my ideal choice for set&setting

Damn that sounds an interesting one to me, are there any TR's up for this stuff?

I assume it is a mix of 4-ACO-DMT & 4-HO-MET right?

@ Zopiclone - 4-AcO-MET is not a mix of anything; it's a drug in its own right. However, its effects and timeline are very similar to 4-HO-MET.

It's common with the MET's to turn brown as they age and degrade. My batch of the HO variant has gone a sandy color and is still highly active. Definetly don't throw the stuff out and do an allergy test and work your way up. But a fresh Synth is indeed white.

Put it in a vial in the freezer ASAP

You should't flush it, tryptamines can turn brown pretty quickly, but only lose a bit of potency and still be good. I have had brown 4-AcO-DMT that still worked and produced a good trip. I have some brown AMT that is just fine. I would treat it like it's fine, and it may be you need a slightly higher dose, but don't throw it away.

But yes, an amber vial in the freezer will prevent or drastically slow further degradation. You should store all tryptamines that way. When you remove them from storage, make sure you let the vial warm to room temperature before opening it, as failing to do so will moisturize it.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, I have some that has a faint tan or beige color.

I got a .5g or 1g years back from a company sold as "degraded 4 aco met". It was cheap, and either brownish or maybe somewhat tan? Seemed just as potent as any other though...

My current batch of 4 ho met is also brown. It is still as active as it should be.. As in 25-30 mg provides a full psychedelic experience for most. I've never had 4 aco MET. But a lot of 4 aco DMT. I've had it range from white to almost black., like pencil graphite. It all seemed active and of the same potency to me.

I think its just the synthesis. My 5 MeO MET is white. My ALD blotters were white and turned yellow. They still kick ass

All the 4-subs I've had either arrived brown or turned that way after a while. The 4-HO-MET I got recently was pretty dark. (Only tried it once to minimal desired effects and an excruciatingly jittery comeup... wish I'd restocked on 4-AcO-MET instead!)