• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Opioids Is codeine linctus still available over-the-counter in the UK?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
I'm planning on taking a trip to London in mid-July after receiving a COVID-19 vaccine. I want to enjoy myself with codeine not mixed with ibuprofen/paracetamol that you find here in Ireland.

I'm worried though they may deny me with an Irish passport as I usually have to show my passport to buy things even though I'm 22.

It is still available, but you might find it hard to obtain. I can't see why an Irish passport would pose a problem though, it's only for age verification.

Whats wrong with a good old CWE? You can get a bottle of j collis browns ye old mixture but you would need 300 bottles to get high. And its mixed with something that makes you shit thru the eye of a needle after a bottle and half.

But for gods sake try and remember which pharmacies you went in during your drugged befuddlement. Dont do like i did and go in the same one by mistake - young woman pharmacist said "are you a jakey fucker? You can have this one but then please, please fuck off"

It is still out there but many High-street Pharmacies wont sell without a prescription as it can be misused. I have bought it many times from small independent pharmacies... I would look at the reviews online... I was surprised that the lowest rated pharmacies that often sold me a bottle without any question.

It has become a lot more harder to get but I would stock up as there is rumours that all codeine/morphine based products are going to be Prescription Only.

There is low dose morphine out there as well Codeine is transformed into Morphine in the body.

Yeah especially as your 22 you're going to get a dirty look and get told they don't stock it. Much easier to buy 2 boxes of cocodamol, filters (lab filter is best but good, solid coffee filters work. Try to get the ones without the seam down the edge of you can as the seamed ones split sometimes). I've used good quality kitchen roll in a pinch which was ok.

Do a cwe and bang you have roughly 500mg of codeine for like 4 quid! Make sure the liquid is crystal clear. There is a CWE megathread on here if you're not familiar.

Why are you giving us that information may I ask. I'm sure everyone one here already knew that. Welcome to bluelight! But yeah it doesn't answer OPs question.

@cowardescent you should try smaller pharmacies in rougher areas, not large ones in town centres (afaik) and maybe you could have a cover story that you're prescribed it but are on holiday and realise you need it. Have your passport to support the story but hopefully you can just ask and get it.
A CWE is more reliable as cocodamol is easy to get.

Wear a hat, a mask and have two jackets handy - use an irish accent on your second entry and with any luck you might get two boxes at one store