• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Is cocaine actually THAT bad for your health?

UnanimousCash

Bluelighter
I know that Coke is addictive and expensive, and can cost people a lot of money, which is part of why it is considered such a dangerous drug. I was just wondering how bad it was just on your health. Say you were rich enough to be able to afford as much as you want and not having to worry about the cost of addiction. Would an addiction to Coke be as bad as an addiction to say something like ketamine or MDMA? Also how bad is it to just try once in comparison to ketamine or MDMA? I have been told that ketamine is worse to do once but not from anyone reliable, more just an opinion/guess, so I thought I'd someone who might know what they're talking about. Thanks

It's impossible to say this drug is way worse than that drug. It all depends on the person using/abusing it. His overall health, his using pattern and many other variables.
But yes cocaine is quite cardio toxic and it'll fuck up your brain in a bad way.
Imo cocaine is worse than ketamine and MDMD, but you can use cocaine every day, but I never met someone taking MDMA every day, so as I said, it's impossible to tell which is worse.

It's impossible to say this drug is way worse than that drug. It all depends on the person using/abusing it. His overall health, his using pattern and many other variables.
But yes cocaine is quite cardio toxic and it'll fuck up your brain in a bad way.
Imo cocaine is worse than ketamine and MDMD, but you can use cocaine every day, but I never met someone taking MDMA every day, so as I said, it's impossible to tell which is worse.

If someone takes MDMA/MDA daily this is not good for their brain or memory. Not that coke is harmless or perfectly fine to take, but all the people I have met that binged on MDMA/MDA or took it daily wound up having major issues with long and short term memory loss, developed depression/anxiety/panic issues, and many had to go on high doses if SSRIs or other medications. Binging on K and other disassociative drugs also causes problems both mentally and physically.

The biggest concern is dangerous cuts. You have no idea what's in your coke. No, it's not pure or even close.

One or two lines in a relatively healthy individual probably won't be too bad, an all night bender on 1-2 grams however puts a considerable strain on your heart. Mentally you will have a crash, but unlike MDMA you rarely hear of a heavy Coke binge ending with months of depression and anxiety. Moderate use as opposed to heavy abuse and it's as healthy as any other vice out there.

Its one the most unhealthy drugs there is, ketamine is far safer(tho not harmless). It has unique cardiotoxic effects.

The biggest concern is dangerous cuts. You have no idea what's in your coke. No, it's not pure or even close.

This. Something like 90% of cocaine is cut with levamisole, a deworming agent. Think krokidil, in terms of tissue damage.

Also, don't forget crack cocaine. I've spent a lot of time around crackheads man, and I can tell you coke is a really fucking damaging drug-I would say it's worse than meth in terms of the longterm damage it does to a person. People turn into fucking shuffling zombies on that shit.

This. Something like 90% of cocaine is cut with levamisole, a deworming agent. Think krokidil, in terms of tissue damage.

Also, don't forget crack cocaine. I've spent a lot of time around crackheads man, and I can tell you coke is a really fucking damaging drug-I would say it's worse than meth in terms of the longterm damage it does to a person. People turn into fucking shuffling zombies on that shit.

Holy shit, I've seen what krokodil does to someone's skin and I didn't think Coke was anywhere near that, that's fucked. Good to know though, and I've never really known anyone who's done crack, but it seems like something nasty. Though I have seen quite a few people who have used Coke and binged pretty hard and sure, they aren't the brightest, but they don't seem on nearly the same levels as the crackheads you see in films and stuff. So when you said it's worse than meth did you mean crack or Coke because they seem like there's a fair sized difference between the two as far as damage goes. Thanks for the input

One or two lines in a relatively healthy individual probably won't be too bad, an all night bender on 1-2 grams however puts a considerable strain on your heart. Mentally you will have a crash, but unlike MDMA you rarely hear of a heavy Coke binge ending with months of depression and anxiety. Moderate use as opposed to heavy abuse and it's as healthy as any other vice out there.

Sweet thanks, i was a little confused by the word vice, I've just never heard it before so if you could explain that would be great.

Yeah that's true, and cardio means heart am I right? If not do correct, and you said it could fuck up your brain, care to share in a little more detail? I can assume that's like memory and stuff like that but Might as well make sure. Thanks for the information though.

Yeah that's true, and cardio means heart am I right? If not do correct, and you said it could fuck up your brain, care to share in a little more detail?

Yes, it has a direct toxicity on the heart like all -caine ( the lidocaine of the dentist is even worst)
For the brain
With cocaine the brai produce more dopamine. The dopamine metabolites are toxic , at normal level the body has the way to handle this toxic metabolites but it has not at an higher concentration, so it harms your brain. With amphetamine happens exactly the same thing. This harm is dose-dependet if you use little there is no harm.