• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Is caffeine more similar to cocaine or to amphetamines?

Very different from both. In a sense caffeine stops you from being tired (by blocking adenosine) whereas amphetamine and cocaine increase your wakefulness more proactively. Though cocaine would be more similar to caffeine in sense. Also, qualitatively caffeine feels closer to cocaine than amphetamines (jittery, edgy, short acting etc).

I find caffeine useful and take it daily. Always in pill/powder form, i don't fuck with coffee (not because i dislike it, i just don't see the point).

Very different from both. In a sense caffeine stops you from being tired (by blocking adenosine) whereas amphetamine and cocaine increase your wakefulness more proactively. Though cocaine would be more similar to caffeine in sense. Also, qualitatively caffeine feels closer to cocaine than amphetamines (jittery, edgy, short acting etc).
That's what I was thinking too. The stimulation seems to last longer than cocaine, but less so than amphetamines. Like cocaine, caffeine has more of a physical stimulation than mental. In my rare experience with it, meth had a stronger mental effect than physical. So I can see a slight similarity to cocaine.

The feeling it gives reminds me more of cocaine. I have been drinking tea again lately after a thee or four year break from caffeine which I took in the hope of getting better sleep and I feel the effect now more than ever.

At times it really reminds me of that phase of cocaine intoxication following the euphoria but before the come down where you feel quite energetic but think you're no longer high (even though you kind of still are). I drink tea about every other morning and it gives me energy all day but I fall asleep more easily on the days I don't drink and I am afraid if I start drinking it every day it will lose its effect.

It's strange how when I was young I never seemed to really get much from caffeine. I remember drinking lots of tea around age 20 just because I liked the taste and it never seemed to have much effect on me. Now, I notice a huge difference in my energy levels on the days I drink tea. Tea has the added benefit of mental calming which helps mitigate some of the anxiety caused by caffeine.

Caffeine is an adenosine receptor antagonist which is unlike neither cocaine (inverse transporter agonist) or amphetamines (TAAR mediated releasers). It will potentiate any stim but in a more dirty way. Adenosine is the molecule our body makes when it's tired.

I wouldn't say it's similar to either.

I used to use caffeine with moderate amounts of meth and regular amphetamine. Even with MDMA.

I would never mix caffeine with cocaine.

I was up all night once taking HUGE hits of crack and then had two cups of coffee at brunch the next day with my mom once....I thought I was gonna have to have her call an ambulance because I thought I was having a heart attack at age 21. I'm still not sure I didn't have a heart attack.

The feeling it gives reminds me more of cocaine. I have been drinking tea again lately after a thee or four year break from caffeine which I took in the hope of getting better sleep and I feel the effect now more than ever.

At times it really reminds me of that phase of cocaine intoxication following the euphoria but before the come down where you feel quite energetic but think you're no longer high (even though you kind of still are). I drink tea about every other morning and it gives me energy all day but I fall asleep more easily on the days I don't drink and I am afraid if I start drinking it every day it will lose its effect.

It's strange how when I was young I never seemed to really get much from caffeine. I remember drinking lots of tea around age 20 just because I liked the taste and it never seemed to have much effect on me. Now, I notice a huge difference in my energy levels on the days I drink tea. Tea has the added benefit of mental calming which helps mitigate some of the anxiety caused by caffeine.
I can relate. When I started working at my factory job some months ago, I increased my caffeine intake from 1 cup of coffee a day to a cup of coffee a day plus a caffeine pill (200mg) on top of that. I could feel the difference at first when the stimulation kicked in, but now its just enough to wake me up without feeling too wired. I never really cared for cocaine/crack cocaine or meth though. I was prescribed Concerta back in highschool and took adderall to help with homework and tests, but its usefulness stopped there and I quit taking them willingly without any issues (unlike pain medication, which I'm still reluctant to quit). I like to sleep too much to addicted to anything more stimulating than caffeine.

Last edited: