• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Is baclofen compulsive at all or easy to just take once in a while?

Eh I typed out a very long post and lost it all so I'll retype the short version.

Kava root powder is good if you haven't tried that one. Know you've tried all the herbs, but alot of people get bad kava root, don't give it enough time, or screw up the prep.

Amitriptyline, cyclobenzaprine, trazadone, and doxylamine are all good, but all of them besides trazadone may last too long. You just need to keep trying things until you find what works for you. Don't know much about baclofen, but it's certainly worth a try :) doxylamine is an antihistamine btw. You're going to be hard pressed for anything non-recreational that isn't also a dirty drug. Of course, you can experiment with melatonin. It's quite safe to take in higher doses than what most packages reccomend

And c'mon guys. OP has clearly said multiple times now that they're not interested in rec value. Any more threadjacking with discussions on rec value will be infracted :/

EDIT: If you're looking for a short acting hypnotic to use only a couple times a week, z-drugs fit the bill perfectly. They do have some potential for abuse/dependency, but dependence is highly unlikely if you're sticking to recommended doses only a couple times a week.

Also, I forgot to mention suvorexant! That's a next-gen sleeping med that may be very good option for you. Not a dirty drug by any means.
I think its still information that was valuable too this thread even if the OP didn't plan on taking it in such way.... In my post i also stated what i got out of using it for my nerve damage. Stating the effects that happen at higher doses is valuable information for harm reduction. Just my thoughts and 2 cents. I'll leave it at that though. OP baclofen is a great option for what your looking for and you shouldn't need to worry about withdrawal/dependency if you use as you stated.

I think its still information that was valuable too this thread even if the OP didn't plan on taking it in such way.... In my post i also stated what i got out of using it for my nerve damage. Stating the effects that happen at higher doses is valuable information for harm reduction. Just my thoughts and 2 cents. I'll leave it at that though. OP baclofen is a great option for what your looking for and you shouldn't need to worry about withdrawal/dependency if you use as you stated.

No worries. I don't see any problem with offering alternative suggestions. I just didn't want it to devolve into people BSing about their favorite drugs in another person's thread when OP explicitly asked everyone not to.

I despise anthistamines with a passion.

Absolutely abbhorrent dirty toxic malevolent things. Makes me angry to even hear them mentioned. They produce delerium and hallucinations at the highest recomended dose and any lower they don't have any noticeable effect except the usual toxic feeling they bring. Gonna have to punch a wall a few times to purge myself of this rage now.

Lol why did you take the mention of anti-histamines so personally? If your legitimately mad, you're fucking nuts. Drugs don't effect everyone the same way.

Seems like they're just voicing a vehement opinion! lol

I am pleased someone around here can appreciate dry humor.

Re your abusing baclofen- did you have to really hammer it to get into trouble or is it like one or two doses too many and you are in the deep shit of gabaergic downregulation terror? ie how much leeway?

Not that I want to push it but the more leeway you have with a drug is the more comfortable you could feel with it. I mean it isnt as much like you are trying to keep the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse at bay all the time; maybe instead just a nosey neighbor who you'd prefer not to talk to.

I experienced my first taste of kratom withdrawal at christmas when I went to my mother's so Im all the more fearful of such things now. Even though I only took it one day on two days off I still experienced a week of insomnia when visiting her and totally ruined the visit- tho I think sleeping in a different bed than usual was a large contributing factor to that and I might not have noticed it if I was at home.

I don't they were taking it that seriously/angrily lol It was just a sudden outburst of passion and disdain! Is that not allowable?

I don't they were taking it that seriously/angrily lol It was just a sudden outburst of passion and disdain! Is that not allowable?

WHy you ignore my question.

I was reading up on the withdrawals from this drug and it has scared me straight.

I am so afraid of gabaergics. As a hypochondriac I aways think of worst case scenarios and a drug that COULD cause fatal withdrawals makes me so fearful that any use would be a slippery slope slowly decaying my gabaergic system.

I still really want to find a an anxiolytic though but the non addictive options are just pathetic of all the crappy crappy herbs I have tried. Why does it have to be one extreme to the other- either no effect at all and no withdrawals- or gabaergic worst withdrawals in the world and possibly fatal. There seems to be no middle ground. Even opiods have kratom which is a tame opiod. Is there no gabaergic in that same tame league but still with a distinct effect. Not that I have found

And yes I have tried kava in all different permutations standing on my head through a straw while rubbing my belly. It does have an ok effect but I have allergies and it makes them worse for like 2 days after a single dose. So 40 mins very mind anxiolytic and two days of annoying post nasal drip.

Kanna was very promising but again the allergy thing and it felt very toxic to me as well as I dont like the psychedelic feeling when it is coming on - it would pass after a couple hours but I hated that effect and it made me more anxious.

I even tried mulungu but only a little bit and it felt dirty and gritty somehow.