L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Is age reallly just a number?

InnocentlyNaive

Bluelighter
I personally believe that to some extent. I mean I've dated 2 different guys that were almost twice my age and even though I thought I was in love with them, too many differences got on the way, because we were so far apart in age..Society looks down upon relationships with big age differences, but you really never know unless you've been there.
~
What are your thoughts?

There's an awful lot of those phrases, you are as old as you think you are; 60 is the new 40.
Fact is your body starts to wear out and when you are older you are more aware of the stress you put on your body.
This brings me to the next thing. On older person just has more experience and does not need to explore everything that a younger person regards as new and exciting.
Older people tend to think that younger people waste a lot of time on agonizing about very little. They also know that what seems like a huge crisis is really nothing at all.
Older people know that slow and steady is just as good as fast and erratic.
Older people know that if you don't put the garbage out, your house starts to smell.
Older people would love to be young again, and think that young people should enjoy the wonderful things that being young allow you to enjoy.
Older people worry about the follies the young commit, because they have survived and overcome similar follies.

There's no inherent reason age gaps would make people incompatible, but there are differences you have to adapt to. The last guy I dated was about 15 years older than me but basically had the mentality of someone my age, which probably should have been a red flag, but I didn't see it that way. There are fundamental differences in perspective between someone who came of age in the early aughts versus in the early nineties that really became apparent, but for the most part I liked and appreciated those differences.

What was annoying was that my family and friends didn't understand it at all and thought he was controlling me somehow just because he was older.

It depends on the couple in the relationship. I am 57 and she is 36. We have been together for 8 years married 2 for those. Both married before, no kids.
We both work at good jobs and keep our finances separate. Both of our families accepted us together i think mainly because they see how happy we are and how well we get along together.
We have many common interests and enjoy spending time together. She says i have a young soul and maybe she is right. I don't enjoy doing a lot of the things men my age tend to do. I work outdoors in the building trades and stay in good shape. She is in the beauty trade and is stunning. We spoil the hell out of each other.

Funny story, we were in Vegas last summer. All dressed up late one evening at the blackjack table, there was a group of 3 guys about her age playing with us..... everyone had been drinking.... these guys eyeing us up trying to figure us out, we both wear wedding rings and its oblivious we are a couple . Finally one guys asks me "you either have a lot of money or a big dick" .......She smiles and leans over the table and says back to him.........."I ve got all the money " and then gives me a big kiss.
Amazing woman.....

Last edited:
age is just number,accumulating DNA damage,intracellular metabolic waste and shortened telomeres arent

Funny story, we were in Vegas last summer. All dressed up late one evening at the blackjack table, there was a group of 3 guys about her age playing with us..... everyone had been drinking.... these guys eyeing us up trying to figure us out, we both wear wedding rings and its oblivious we are a couple . Finally one guys asks me "you either have a lot of money or a big dick" .......She smiles and leans over the table and says back to him.........."I ve got all the money " and then gives me a big kiss.
Amazing woman.....

Ah!!! She's great!!!

Cute story :)

Peace.

Whatever, as long as its legal. my hubby and i are 31 yrs apart, and we met when i was 18. he acts and dresses the same age as me its amazing i have so many bonus' with him, he is so much more smart and i am learning a lot about life lessons from him, he has knowledge that a 20 -something wouldnt be able to show me, he is amazing in bed [ when we were having sex, we dont now though [on my part]] he takes care of me like a real man should..we are really honest /open with each other, no big jealousies. i just realized how lucky i am.
I also wouldnt have a big problem dating a guy younger than me either as long as he is mature enough, i think it would be very fun..like teaching him things in bed if he was not experienced...etc.
And when you see a man like hugh hefner that was a 60 something age difference with his now wife...i think all the power to him, people who hate are just jealous!!