• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is Adderall supposed to feel like this?

lokidoki

Bluelighter
So I tried my first Adderall last afternoon at like 5. I was expecting just a large energy boost from it. It was IR 30mg. I looked up how long it took to kick in and the consensus seemed to be 10 or so minutes. I waited, and felt nothing but a slight numbness which was kinda nice. When 20 mins passed I resolved to disappointment thinking "this is it?". But gradually and slowly to the point where I barely noticed, the euphoria grow stronger and stronger. My body started to feel quite nice to touch. My hair felt awesome to touch. Breathing turned orgasmic. By dinnertime I literally felt like I was rolling. My heart was pounding the whole time. It lasted ages and by the time I had to go to sleep for work the next morning, it was only slightly coming down. I took 1 mg of xanax to help me sleep and melted into my bed. This was at 12am.

It's now 11:53 am the following day and I actually still kind of feel it in my breathing. Not sure if it's in my head or not.

So yeah, I'm a little freaked out right now. That was possibly the best high Ive had not including my rolls.

Is it possible it was cut with something? Because I've been looking it up and no one seems to feel the same way. Might it have something to do with the fact that I took 16 mg Suboxone earlier that day?

Anyone have any opinion on this? I know it's not much of a question but I'm pretty damned confused and I want to know if this is normal. And if not how could my experience be so different than everyone else's?

I plan to take another later today and see what happens.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:
Yes, everytime I speed I wake up still feeling... Tweaky I should say. And I never take benzos for stim come downs, so I wake up still feeling it, thats if I can even sleep. Adderall lasts a decent amount of time, and 30MG IR for your very first dose isnt a huge beginner dose but its also not a small one, dont sweat it man nothings wrong, your nervous system still alittle hyper active from it take another xanax if its bothering you and itll be the end of it. I know stim come downs suck for me and I dont take anything for them

That sounds completely normal-moving this to BDD. 30mg is kind of a high dosage if you have basically no tolerance to amphetamines. Maybe next time try 10 or 15mg. You'll probably find that you'll get similar euphoria but feel less tweaked out. That way you also won't wreck you tolerance too ;)

I don't find the effects you experienced to be unusual if this is your first amphetamine experience ...the first time always knocks you off your feet. it quickly devolves from there.

That way you also won't wreck you tolerance too ;)

^^ This ^^

Best advice I can give follows the above quote by confirming that if you expect to feel like you did every time you take a dose it will be very disappointing and demotivating.

But if you can resist the urge to "feel like a king" every day, then you will appreciate the times you do decide to "indulge", much in the same way as you described "rolling".

Respect the medication and the medication will respect you.

Stay safe and don't blow it.

SL

I don't find the effects you experienced to be unusual if this is your first amphetamine experience ...the first time always knocks you off your feet. it quickly devolves from there.

I have been using ecstasy and rolling for a long time though. Isnt E also an amphetamine? Just curious.

try taking a smaller dose 10 to 15mg i would say
taking large doses will only kill the overall effectiveness in the future and increase your tolerance to the point you wont feel shit anymore

would also add in... take it in the morning so by night time so when you're ready to sleep you wont need to take any xanax
itll keep you up all night if you take it in the afternoon

I have been using ecstasy and rolling for a long time though. Isnt E also an amphetamine? Just curious.

Dude bottom line is.......... does your "E" work at full potential taken every day for two weeks with each dose working like it should?
I doubt it, u take a break and when the time is right you "roll" hard again....I can believe that.

My point being, with amphetamine it is so difficult not to take it all the time to the point of exhaustion and hopefully sleep. And many days would have past by.
Your tolerance would shoot up.
And I wish I could get my tolerance to lower just 10%, but no matter what the situation, even after many months, the next time will never be as good as those first few times.

Especially with amphetamine (and yes E is amphetamine based), but has a much shorter h/life than pure amphetamine and tolerance/comedowns/ kinda makes you have to take a break.

But as you found out from your opening post, it would be awesome to feel like that every day. The "break" doesn't seem necessary. And after a short time you've blown your tolerance to a medication that could be of great value to a person later in life for positive reasons and results.

If you can try using it very sparingly at the lower doses people have suggested for the best results

,,, or have a "blast"

,, and I chose the latter (I don't regret it at all), I just want my virgin tolerance back, but it's gone, there will be no sequels.

You are free to make whatever decision you want, just had to give you a "heads up" on the tolerance recession that could follow.

I hope you stay safe and enjoy whatever way forward you decide to take, but you started this thread asking " if it is supposed to
feel like this" so I'm trying to steer you in the direction of making the most out of a solid medication that can make life "feel like this" if taken correctly (ie. prescribed etc)........ and for recreation, use something else.

SL

Dude bottom line is.......... does your "E" work at full potential taken every day for two weeks with each dose working like it should?
I doubt it, u take a break and when the time is right you "roll" hard again....I can believe that.

My point being, with amphetamine it is so difficult not to take it all the time to the point of exhaustion and hopefully sleep. And many days would have past by.
Your tolerance would shoot up.
And I wish I could get my tolerance to lower just 10%, but no matter what the situation, even after many months, the next time will never be as good as those first few times.

Especially with amphetamine (and yes E is amphetamine based), but has a much shorter h/life than pure amphetamine and tolerance/comedowns/ kinda makes you have to take a break.

But as you found out from your opening post, it would be awesome to feel like that every day. The "break" doesn't seem necessary. And after a short time you've blown your tolerance to a medication that could be of great value to a person later in life for positive reasons and results.

If you can try using it very sparingly at the lower doses people have suggested for the best results

,,, or have a "blast"

,, and I chose the latter (I don't regret it at all), I just want my virgin tolerance back, but it's gone, there will be no sequels.

You are free to make whatever decision you want, just had to give you a "heads up" on the tolerance recession that could follow.

I hope you stay safe and enjoy whatever way forward you decide to take, but you started this thread asking " if it is supposed to
feel like this" so I'm trying to steer you in the direction of making the most out of a solid medication that can make life "feel like this" if taken correctly (ie. prescribed etc)........ and for recreation, use something else.

SL

Thanks for the lengthy reply. I of course know youre right. I have ended up chasing the dragon for more drugs that I really care to admit.

I would still like to ask hypothetically though, in yours or anyone elses opinion, how many consecutive straight days of consuming adderrall would it take for my tolerance to go up a significant amount? I realize it varies from person to person (I thinks things do tend to hit me a bit harder since Im a 90lb girl with a small frame) so Im just looking for a guestimate (only a couple of days, a week, etc.). Considering you stay at the same dose per day.

Thanks agan!

What is the purpose for this "treatment", are you taking it for medical reasons? ADD or ADHD or similar.
or
Are you taking it for the buzz and the general uplifting feeling you are getting at the moment (ie, life seems brighter when you take these pills, so why not just keep taking them).

I will be able to answer your "hypothetical" question once I know which one of the above two options you can relate to honestly, not hypothetically.

I'll check back soon, as the answer to both is very short and accurate especially now that I know the "dude" is in fact female. ;)

That sounds very normal to me considering you did 30mg ir. That's a GOOD dose for me now, to manage my pretty severe adhd. And by good, I mean it's still a therapeutic dose, but I can definitely feel something. I started on just 10mg and got all the magic you described, just to a much lesser extent. And I do think it could have to do with suboxone. I've taken much weaker opiates while still on amps (way after they peaked though) and I felt some weirdness in my lungs as well. It was mild for me, but my uneducated guess is that it has to do with one being a CNS depressant and the other one a stimulant. Like your body doesn't know if it should slow down your breathing/heart rate or stay stimulated. That's what it felt like to me anyway, I know that's essentially why speed balls are so hard on the body, so it sounds like it could be attributed to the combo of opiates and amps, especially since you overdid the amps a bit.

But yeah that first amphetamine high is always magical and euphoric, and then it's more like plain old speed. Your experience doesn't actually sound unusual to me, you just experienced a stronger amp dose on zero tolerance and felt the magic. Don't chase that magic though because it goes away and you won't get it back without getting yourself into some shit.