• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is adderall detrimental to a workout?

falsifiedhypothesi

Bluelight Crew
I started taking Krav Maga a couple weeks ago and In addition to trying to keep up with the people who have been training for years I'm also halariously out of shape compared to the rest of them. I've been working out 2-3 times a week for the past couple weeks and some of those times have been on adderall.

Clearly amphetamine puts me at a disadvantage because i become dehydrated quicker but does it effect my muscle growth and recovery? I only use amp about once a week but sometimes it falls on the days I'm fully recovered and back to working out.

Amphetamine will make you feel like you're gaining, and it will feel like you're leaning out, but in reality it just causes your body to burn through it's calories mega-fast, and then for someone who works out and typically has little fat content, the amps go straight for the muscle tissue as a fuel source.

I'd say overall, using it once a week it can actually help cut back on some of your fat and water weight, and would be good to use for competition and recreation. But more than once per week, and (in my opinion) you'd be actually be making slightly less progress overall. But it would be more 'fun'.

^This

I would advise against using adderall during a workout, it would put too much stress on the heart as well as increasing vasoconstriction causing very high blood pressure