• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Is 90mg of Codeine dangerous??

And thought Ka3ajm was done asking all the dumb codeine questions.... You can learn all of this by reading one Codeine FAQ.......Dude, its not dangerous okay......

its NOT a waste to up the dose....and it does NOT become ineffective...

i no longer take codeine, but when i was taking it daily (roughly 700-850mgs, single dose once every 24hrs) , 400mgs would not halt the beginning of withdrawls and give me NO effects, where as a significantly higher dose would (please note, i was dependent, and had a high tolerance, i don't think anyone who is not tolerant should begin taking 450mgs + of codine). There is more sedation, calming etc with a higher dose.

The Opioid Receptor said:
"ant at 350mg's of codeine is the max your receptors can hold.."

have you ever tried using 450 or 550 mgs instead of 350mgs? i was suprised that there was an effects increase, because i had read somewhere about 'no increase in effects despite complete receptor saturation'. along with the 'analgesic ceiling', i thought that meant that upping the dose would not intensify the effects. but it does.

damn back when i was using it i never bothered to try above 400mg cause i assumed it was true that your liver can only process that much at a time... perhaps it was worth a try...

90 mg is a perfectly reasonable dose.

It was wise of you to start out at 60 mg as you should always be cautious with a new drug.

Personally, I find that I don't get any increase in effects (painkilling or otherwise) above about 240 mg (and I have taken a gram and a half at a time which was a terrible waste of codeine).

wow.. the first time I stumbled across codeine extraction info it said that the LD50 was 450mg and to stay at or below 300mg... I now guess that's complete bullshit from reading the above.

I started out years ago taking about 60mg and have settled around the 250mg mark now (300 gives me hellish itches). I'm still a fairly infrequent user.

:)