L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Is 29 old to experimenting with drugs?

EP158207

Bluelighter
So I am turning 29..and feel ancient. I look young but feel super old. I started experimenting with drugs aged 27 and as of too weeks ago completed my 'bucket list' so to speak ,of drugs. All the way from amps to zopiclone. From being on BL I have heard of other drugs, so want to dabble.

Anyway, a close friend of mine thinks I'm too old to be dabbling in drugs, and he feels its better that people do it in their teens. I didn't have the opportunity back when I was younger, so am doing it now.

sooo is 29 too old to be getting wasted?

I think 29 is a good age, because you have a better chance to use drugs more responsibly versus being a teenager. I think it's fine to use drugs if you do them on a moderate level and do it in a responsible fashion. It's no worse than being a binge drinking alcoholic for a night. It's all the same shit.

I'd probably steer away from Crystal Meth, Herion, and Crack Cocaine lol. That would be retarded if a 29 year old started doing those drugs lol.

I have to admit, I did dabble in Crystal meth; but its hard to get here in the UK so its not something that I would do on the regular. Crack no way, and heroin is not an option as I would like to be able to feel pain relief if I ever needed to in a hospital setting!

However, you are right, I do small amounts of MDMA like 84mg, and am responsible with benzo use for example. Age does give you a lot of restraint due to career
and family.

My drug experiments in my thirties are far more enjoyable than in my teens. You have a steady income, your own place with no fear of parents or teachers, you are far less likely to attract the attention of police. You are usually in a much better head space with life experiences to process potentially difficult trips or adverse reactions. Like you say, family and work do have a cock blocking effect but not being able to go on 3 day benders isn't really a bad thing to be fair.

29 is too old to develop a habit though. I'd like to think any addictive tendencies would have been used up by this age.

Dabbling with 80 mg of some quality MDMA is Money. I only dabbled with ecstasy maybe once or twice a year, so I have low tolerance.

Why on earth is it better for a young individual with a developing brain to do mind-altering substances than an adult who has a fully matured brain? Not only that, but teens are often misinformed in terms of drug use or don't care to educate themselves (or may not know how to access the information to educate themselves). That's been my personal experience with adolescent drug use, at least. I'd say that the older you are, the better you understand yourself; therefore you're less likely to put yourself in an unsafe/irresponsible situation and have a bad trip.

Why on earth is it better for a young individual with a developing brain to do mind-altering substances than an adult who has a fully matured brain? Not only that, but teens are often misinformed in terms of drug use or don't care to educate themselves (or may not know how to access the information to educate themselves). That's been my personal experience with adolescent drug use, at least. I'd say that the older you are, the better you understand yourself; therefore you're less likely to put yourself in an unsafe/irresponsible situation and have a bad trip.

This! I'm so glad I didn't start experimenting until about ~23 and was living on my own for several years, that's a fair age IMO. I do disagree with the comment above about addictive tendencies being less at 29. I think addictive tendencies would be more because life is a lot more stressful, depressing, upsetting, and frankly boring than life when you're a teenager. I would be far more likely to get addicted to anxiety relieving, relaxing, euphoric sedative drugs like opiates at this age than I would have at ~16. Also, as an adult, you're far more likely to incorporate drugs into a routine, like at work, especially stims, which is insanely addicting.

Kids are usually just gettin' fucked up, which can be addicting, but not nearly as addicting as something that makes your daily, mundane routine easier/more fun.

honestly, I feel like the ages at which you experiment with sex or drugs are in some ways similar - some people never do either (amazingly), some people start as soon as possible, and some wait to let it happen...the difference, I think, is that doing 'drugs', especially when you're older, is a completely self-conscious decision. Sex/relationships have to come based on the influence of another person...namely, the person you're going to sleep with, so it's a two way street. With drugs, it's all you...anyway, personally, I think, with psychedelics of any stripe, OK, experiment away. But with stimulants/downers/drugs that simply provide pleasure, etc....why bother? Most drugs won't really open your mind, in my opinion, they just provide some type of pure pleasure experience, which won't add to your wisdom. Apart from psychedelics, drugs simply become a leisure activity with age. You can do them, but it can be a financial drain, and it can also be unhealthy.

So I am turning 29..and feel ancient. I look young but feel super old. I started experimenting with drugs aged 27 and as of too weeks ago completed my 'bucket list' so to speak ,of drugs. All the way from amps to zopiclone. From being on BL I have heard of other drugs, so want to dabble.

Anyway, a close friend of mine thinks I'm too old to be dabbling in drugs, and he feels its better that people do it in their teens. I didn't have the opportunity back when I was younger, so am doing it now.

sooo is 29 too old to be getting wasted?

I would personally say it´s never good to start getting wasted. Specially when you are just about to turn 30. That´s a good phase in life where you enjoy parties, you can drink socially and if you feel the urge to use, make sure it´s recreational and light. It´s too soon to look as older as you feel.

wrong is wrong no matter what age. But as i get older ive gotten closer to God

i hate when i tell people i still roll occasionally and they say you're too old to roll, thats high school shit. Then i shut them up by telling them yea lets take drugs when our bodies are still developing and we are irresponsible kids. Im 24 and i feel like nows the time to be enjoying drugs recreationally but everyone wants to be grown up and have kids and get married. They all drink and smoke tons though.

I started young but I am about the same age as the OP.

I would say to someone just starting at that age to remember that drugs can be a slippery slope and beimg incarcerated really fucking sucks.

Also never evet trust junkies.

get in there my son!
Just don't let what you've built up in terms of a "straight life" fall to shit if you get in over your head.
Experimentation is good. I'm a couple of years older than you, and I find experimentation with my consciousness to being great benefits to my existence.
Just remember to research research research any drug (new or old) you are going to consume.
That's the only responsible way to experiment in my (wide and varied) experience.
Be safe!

I would say yes it is. What is missing from your life as it stands that makes you want to experiment with taking things that could potentially throw a big fucking spanner in the workings of your head? As someone else said, if you've got a good straight life going for you then don't chance it.. it's alright if you're a teen and fuck things up, you still have time to bring it back around.. but at 30.. you've worked to get yourself where you are, you don't want to have to rebuild again after crashing.

If you're looking to experience new things in your mind go the meditation route, much safer and you only go as far as you can handle. Besides, a few funky colours and shit just aren't worth the headache in the long run. The "revelations" you can get from them you can just as easily get from self-work.

Your mind is perhaps the most valuable and sacred thing you have. If you spent some time around those who've used a lot of substances, or alcohol, you'll see why you should place value on your mind.

its great getting fukt up when you're young cause comedowns dont hit as hard and you heal up quick. aint great when youre too young tho as most do, friend of mine was smashin a tonne of ket and md weekly at 13 which has fucked his brain a bit. not like he's an idiot cause of it, tho he's dyslexic and didnt make much school from then, but his body has odd reactions to things.