• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is 20mg Methadone a lot for me?

Branggen

Bluelighter
I usually take 3-6mg of suboxone a day and im wondering how this methadone will feel for me when I switch or if it is too much. Thanks

why you switching, may i ask?

i dont think 20mg methy is gonna do a great deal for you if youre used to 6mg bupe.

If it were my body, I would try 10-mg and wait 2 - 3hrs, then if you aren't where you'd like to be take the other 10-mg or maybe just 5-mg. It's such a long lasting and subtle high - if you take the right dose - too much and it's not fun. This is not really a great substance to get high upon, if you're switching from one to the other the drs should know what dose to give you.

All that said, people on maintenance therapy switch over from 30-mg methadone to 8-mg bupe (roughly) with no problems in most cases, when it's done properly. But... that's going from full agonist to partial, this is the opposite.

Maybe someone with experience at these exact or proportional doses could comment. Although proportional loses it's validity at doses of bupe above 16-mg imo, b/c of the antagonist/ceiling properties of bupe.

Be careful, and do not drink/benzo - even if you have on bupe this could be much different in terms of synergy. Be smart.

The nan in suboxone may block the nethadone effects, so you'll definately want a waiting period before taking dones.

It's really hard to say how much dones will equal subx. Since methadone pills are time released, I normally take 20mg in the morning and 10mg late afternoon.

Again, methadone pills are time released, so you will not feel instant relief, more like a peak period 2-3 hours. And methadone is not a good recreational drug, as in most users, it doesn't create euphoria.

i like methadone. i think it's a nice high when you havent ran your tolerance up too much

Thanks for replying, I am switching because I find the suboxone (which I usually take in 3 separate dosages of between 1-2 mg 3x per day) does not fully satisfy my craving and I occasionally get pretty bad headaches from the suboxone. The methadone that i'm getting I believe is a cherry flavored syrup with a dosage of 10mg/ml, and I am required to take it in the pharmacy so I wont be able to separate my dosage. The main reason I was worried was because I usually take my suboxone dosage separated as it works better for me. So, does the fact that 2mg of bupe holds me for about 7 hours mean that a single dose of 20mg of methadone will be too much? Also, I cannot tell the doctor I take my dose separately as I am also required to take it all at the pharmacy. I recover the pill from under my tongue when I leave the store so that is how I manage to spread my dose into 2 mg x3