• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

is 14 too young for LSA?

This is not at all to piss off SuperPsych (and his opinion is indeed too young) but as a rule on this forum's topics of discussion and beyond... anecdotes of things that turned out okay are never proof that the thing is not a bad idea to do, you could find many examples of things you should never do that people got away with. I'm very often concerned that when people are investigating something they are contemplating doing, if they are biased because they really want to do it they tend to wanna dismiss warnings that are not serious / convincing / confronting enough, and focus on evidence that it can work out. People are generally bad at doing the math of statistics in their head, and adopt sneaky tactics of denial.
Always be fair about the pro's and cons of something and be conscientious about it, telling yourself no can be hard but it as essential part of being able to handle drug use in your life anyway.

I would wait man. At 14 I was obsessed with pussy, video games and film. I would never have spent time getting my current girlfriend of five years or spent time expanding my taste and knowledge of the world had I been busy doing drugs in my teenage years. You have so much shit to experience first!

Last edited:
The fact you have tried nutmeg is reason enough for me to suggest you are not ready to become a Psychonaut.

Go and chase boobs and learn a bit more about life, love and loss then think come back to strong mind altering drugs.

Most people I know who started psychedelic drugs at 14 burn themselves out well before they have enough life experience to enjoy them to their full potential. You could prove me wrong but I truly doubt it.

This. I burned myself out before I even knew the questions to ask.

I started psychs at 14, and I will say I am fucked in the head with some bad hppd.
Is that what you want to do kid?

Edit: if you are asking this because your friends are doing it and you want to join in. i will also say i wish i never "joined in" because now even with bad hppd i still continue to take psychs watching each new symptom appear or get worse. it does go away with much time, but i take them too often to let it ever subside... if you do go through with it, research your chemicals; take something a little more well know like some of the illegal RC's that have had longer documented human comsumption; know which ones have high risk rates for mortality or hppd; know the dosing, and know who you get the drugs from; preferably take something where the blotter labels what chemical is on the tab(much safer than taking something with mickey mouse on it...); don't take the threshold does your first time, i did and had a bad trip, but somehow continued to try new chemicals... take it with someone you aren't afraid to get a little weird around. and put lots of water into your body.( ive had a friend go to the hospital on my birthday... i gave here 2c-e... only a 10mg dose when me and friends normally did 20mg, and all they did was give her an IV of saline...)
some not bad things to think about while tripping.
Have A Plan! movies, adventures, chill spots, bring some weed(will help the trip and make you more conformable)

Also like SuperPsych, taking a psych at a very young age i had a mindblowing trip...
i Took Bromo-Dragonfly, a RC with another unbelievable body load and had a bad trip.
on the other hand i feel if i had taken a few psychs before my first trip with a Experienced leveled Psych, i feel Bromo-Dragonfly would have been the best trip of my life. No trip has yet lived up to the feelings and visuals i had on that first trip, and i was with the wrong people too... i had a bad trip because for 2 hrs at the peak of this 20hr journey, i literally lost it. still to this day i yearn to see that beautiful sight again in a future experience.
but yeah like SuperPsych said, research, take a older more weaker chemical if u do plan to go through with it....

Last edited:
thanks for all the replies, I can get shrooms and acid but honestly i'd choose shrooms over acid any day just cause it's natural. I want to try and stick to natural stuff and maybe try real l once just so I can see what it's like. my friend is getting an ounce of shrooms this october and I'm turning 15 in 4 months after that, I know the risks of doing it, I think it would be good for me just because all the stuff I've been through and really the only person I rely on is my brother who I would be tripping with... like I've said I've done months and months of research about different psychedelics and think that a low dose of shrooms for my first time is going to be beneficial.

It's a little naive to judge a drug experience because it is "natural". Plenty of poisonous mushrooms kill people, does this make the better?

LSD may be synthetically made but it is a pure compound. Mushrooms often have a greater body load because they are a mixture of many different organic compounds, not just the psychoactive ones.

Psychedelics are not a cure for your problems. If they were they would be commonly used by the medical community to treat psychiatric disorders. The reality is your experience can vary, some are enjoyable, others are more confronting. I stress again that at 14 I don't believe you are emotionally ready to dive into a psychonaut lifestyle.

Do you know that drugs will affect your growth and development my young friends? The human body and brain are still developing into the 20's. I would choose very very wisely what you are putting into your bodies.

It may be hard to not feel the urge to use these substances that your friends are, do you feel like you would be left out of all the fun they are having? Well let me tell you from experience the kids who are going to be having way more fun with these substances are the ones in college who did great in school and didn't become "druggies" in high school. They focused on academics, sports, relationships, and building themselves up. Drugs will tear you down at your age, even if you think you are starting off responsibly, your brain is still developing and you wouldn't want to hinder that would you? Each must tread their own path in life, I only wish I wouldn't have been introduced to drugs at 14. I could have a reached a whole different potential by now that I am still trying to make up for because of drug habits developed as a young teen.

You know you can talk to people about the things you've been through, or try some meditation, getting in great shape through sports and working out, developing social prowess and start dating, those are the things that will benefit you in the long run. You will look back in college and be glad you didn't take the low road, you allowed yourself to grow and develop physically and mentally before you decided to explore entheogens like mushrooms.

A low dose of mushroom may seem benign, but just be aware that if you get pulled into the ways of the druggies, your future does not look as bright. :)

i started drugs at 14 and it is most deffo got a lot to do with my problems today your brain is not ready for mind altering stuff at that age