• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is 13% alcohol enough to….

polarthedog

Bluelighter
Is 13% alcohol wine enough to disinfect this methadone syrup I have? I’m letting it sit in the wine, it’s been about an hour

I’m mainly worried about hep c

I’m pretty sure I’ve done enough, but I wanted a second opinion, because sometimes I’m wrong, and there are a lot of intelligent people on this site.

Please, no judges

I think you need 120 proof or higher to be safe. At the very least try to get 100 proof vodka. Why would your syrup have hep c though was someone putting dirty needles in it and are you planning to inject it? As long as you consume it orally you should be safe provided you don't have open cuts in your mouth.

I got cups out of the trash at a methadone clinic, and I rinsed the syrup off with wine, it’s been sitting for hours(the syrup wine), how sanitary is it you think,

Yes I know, gross, but I’m sanitizing it

😐

I think the only way to be "safe" in this situation is to collect the syrup, do a cold water extraction, dry out the extraction, and suspend it in 70%+ ethanol like everclear. But also this is a bad idea in general please just do some kratom or something you didn't find in a trash can

😐

I think the only way to be "safe" in this situation is to collect the syrup, do a cold water extraction, dry out the extraction, and suspend it in 70%+ ethanol like everclear. But also this is a bad idea in general please just do some kratom or something you didn't find in a trash can
Wouldn't boiling it work too?

Also isopropyl is much better for killing germs.

@polarthedog

I know you said don't shame you, but that's not what this is.

Mods can delete it if they want.

You've got to get some help.

Having DXM every day is one thing but this is a whole new level.

Send me a private message if you need to talk to someone. I counsel people professionally as part of my job. I'm happy to devote some time, if it helps you.

Is 13% alcohol wine enough to disinfect this methadone syrup I have? I’m letting it sit in the wine, it’s been about an hour

I’m mainly worried about hep c

I’m pretty sure I’ve done enough, but I wanted a second opinion, because sometimes I’m wrong, and there are a lot of intelligent people on this site.

Please, no judges

No

@polarthedog

I know you said don't shame you, but that's not what this is.

Mods can delete it if they want.

You've got to get some help.

Having DXM every day is one thing but this is a whole new level.

Send me a private message if you need to talk to someone. I counsel people professionally as part of my job. I'm happy to devote some time, if it helps you.
I’ll send you a pm, your not hurting my feelings, don’t worry

But I’m not stopping drugs 🛑

Are you one of those haters from The other thread? I have issues that dxm definitely gets rid of, do you have fibromyalgia?
No hate here. And idk what thread you are referring to.

I wrote what I wrote cuz I think deterioration is more and more visible. Would be surprising if you notice it before stopping as dissos are well known to cloud perception of all kind of damage for long after it's obvious.
And no I don't have fibromyalgia but I've been with a girl who has it and while she had suicide kit prepared she didn't took her illness as a green light to suck used cottons or whatever.
You don't even bother to extract DXM cuz you think you're been fine so far just gulping syrup and there are more pleasant ways to destroy yourself completely.
I truly wish you well but wont applaud you for doing evermore stupid shit. I feel obligated to say it's at the very best extremely problematic and if only one kid reading this figures that out, if that's being hatter I'm hating for the better. I guess you do understand that there are plenty of kids who use justification for doing something stupid, that someone else does it and he is fine.

And ffs someone writes to you how you're doing far to high doses for daily use and how ADs with DXM are 40mg or something and you write how that isn't only dose effective as AD, that alone is just wtf. So I don't have to answer what I mean by that I'll right it now, neither is 500g of paracetamol only effective dose for pain and 5g is also effective but destroys you.

I don't think hep C is readily transmitted through saliva (hep B is probably a bigger risk here, but even then, fairly minor). But there could be other pathogens present (COVID-19, bacteria etc).

You could potentially microwave it (however this would require probably a substantial amount of time, perhaps a few minutes) then treat with high proof alcohol. But it sounds like you've made the matter worse by diluting it further with wine, which complicates things. I would suggested dumping it at this point.