• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

is 10mg oxycodone a big dose?

3dmusic

Bluelighter
I've got some 10mg oxycodones, but I cannot make sense of any of the equivalency tables.
I normally take codeine as I am in the uk.
Does anyone know the answer to the following 2 questions?

1) What is the equivalent dose of morphine to 10mg oxycodone oral?

2) what is the equivalent dose of codeine to 10mg oxycodone oral?

Im sorry to ask here, its just i cant work out how much I'm taking, so I only took one yesterday, with 2 dihydrocodeines, which was ok.
I'm not opiate naiive, my tolerance is about 300mg codeine.

I struggle converting us and uk opiates.

thank you

Pretty sure 10mg oxycodone = 15mg morphine.

Idk codeine equivalencies off the top of my head.

If you factor in the high oral bioavailability of oxycodone in, though, I bet it's a bit stronger. That's just the drugs affinity for u-opioid receptors.

I usually take 30mg to get a decent buzz.

I'll keep it simple. It's subjective, but Oxycodone is like 1.5 times stronger then morphine. To be safe, in your case, we'll say almost two times. Plus they are completely different drugs. 10mg Oxycodone IR, is roughly equivalent to a safe minimum of 20mg+ of IR Morphine sulphate. This way you won't OD and you can gauge it for yourself. If you never had Oxy before, it is better to start at a reasonable dose. 10'mg should be fine as long as you don't mix it with anything else. Get a feel for the drug by itself first. Cheers mate.

If your new to a potentially dangerous drug, you learn the drug first, not just get "buzzed" on your first time. You have to see how you react. 10mg oxycodone can knock you on your ass. For you probably not, but it has in the past. I don't give half ass answers here.
I am using harm reduction to make sure your first time is safe as I can make it. What get me off, might not touch you and vice versa.

Well, he did say he takes 300mg codeine... which would have pretty strong effects on me. So, I just assumed he'd be able to handle the dose.

He also said he'd already tried taking a single one and it didn't work, so I made a suggestion as to what works for me. It wasn't his first time. I made disclaimers about its bioavailability and its comparative strength to morphine. I honestly don't see what was half-ass about it.

1) What is the equivalent dose of morphine to 10mg oxycodone oral?
10mg oxycodone = 15mg morphine, orally.
2) what is the equivalent dose of codeine to 10mg oxycodone oral?
10mg oxycdone = 100mg codeine, orally.
300mg codeine is still a relative low tolerance, that's about 30mg oxycodone per day, while not opiate naive, it's still a rather low dose.

Also for future inquiries, there is a link to the 'opioid conversion chart', located on the top of the Basic Drug Discussion page..

- Hopeless Soul

10mg oxycodone = 15mg morphine, orally.

10mg oxycdone = 100mg codeine, orally.
300mg codeine is still a relative low tolerance, that's about 30mg oxycodone per day, while not opiate naive, it's still a rather low dose.

Also for future inquiries, there is a link to the 'opioid conversion chart', located on the top of the Basic Drug Discussion page..

- Hopeless Soul

thanks for this uesful information. As the pills worked out at £8 each, I only took one, cos I had no clue what it was in codeine. I couldnt understand the charts I looked at, cos they were on about IV/IM etc

Agreed with Speed King I meant xxx stay safe please.:)

Will do, now I know how much oxy to take, i dont like the comedown of it after one pill so i wont be taking more than one.
I prefer codeine. oxy sounds too strong and scary, Ive got 13 left but will only take singles to supplement codeine. I will stick to my new lower doses. It didnt take that long to get my opoid tolerance down and as I use magnesium oil, I never seem to need to increase the dose these days.

My mistake if I didn't realize OP was not completely naive to opiates. Dimm, I missed your post also. My bad. Point is, never assume period. You can be used to one opiate and react differently to another. Even if things are repeated numerous times, it is all harm reduction.

I did the 10mg oxy with two df118 (30mgs) and it went ok. I seem to be going down and down in dose when I do opis.
I don't do them daily, some times I have a two-day gap between useages.
I used to do much more, but it was stressing me out, and knowing I can get to where I want to be on less is a real comfort to me.
For example, today i took only 4 30mg df118 and feel fine, and I'm so thankful for this. Drug tolerance triggers my BPD stress, it angers me and makes me feel despondent, so you can imagine how good I am feeling that this paltry 4 x 30mg df has been enough today to make it manageable.

If you have a 300mg codeine tolerance, id first try 15mg oxycodone, which translates to about 22.5mg hydrocodone, or 225mg codeine. If that doesnt give you desireable results, 20-25mg oxy should do the trick. Just start low, and then work your way up. Id say its nearly impossible to OD on anything less than 30mg of oxy with a tolerance, but no sense in risking it or making your "nod" an uncomfortable one.

If you have a 300mg codeine tolerance, id first try 15mg oxycodone, which translates to about 22.5mg hydrocodone, or 225mg codeine. If that doesnt give you desireable results, 20-25mg oxy should do the trick. Just start low, and then work your way up. Id say its nearly impossible to OD on anything less than 30mg of oxy with a tolerance, but no sense in risking it or making your "nod" an uncomfortable one.
Blimey 15mg oxy = 225mg codeine? It's really dear here in old blighty cos it's rare unless you know someone who knows someone who knows someone ahahhahahahahhahaaahhah