• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is 0.5g of meth too much?

Sase

Greenlighter
To get right to the main question, is 0.5g too much? Is 0.5g an amount that would typically cause an overdose? I recently tried crystal meth, doing .2g intravenously twice, separated by about 15 hours. Both times started with this burning kick to the chest that forced me to cough, and a really nice rush, that led into a high that lasted < 30 minutes. After that point I just felt a little euphoric, very focused, and I couldn't feel my body aching. It made my physically demanding job a breeze. I was concerned, going into trying meth, that it would affect me the same as coke, and just make me feel normal. I plan on trying it one more time, but at a higher dosage, so I was thinking 0.5 g in one hit. I don't really have a tolerance, I haven't taken meds for my ADHD for 5-6 years. I've read numerous posts on people with ADHD being able to reach that peak that regular people would feel at .2, by doing around .5, but they all talk about smoking, or plugging. My main concern is would .5 g in a single hit be too much of a shock to the body, and just send me into cardiac arrest?

I've always tied off when shooting anything, but someone on an old thread talked about not tying off, and just pushing slowly until getting the desired effect, and stopping there, using the rest later. Is this a feasible option? I'm not really sure how I would preserve the remaining mixture if I tried this. Wouldn't I have to extract the blood out of it somehow?

Also, I'm not particularly too concerned about coming down, as (at least with opioids) I miraculously don't get physical withdraws. At my worst point of using (2-3x8mg dilaudid/day), the worst I ever got was a moderate headache when coming down. I have yet to feel any sort of negative effects from those 2 uses, but would a normal person be feeling any from 2 0.2g uses?

This post ended up being longer than I thought it would be. I guess I'm just a little excited about deciding to join this community after ~7 years of coming here to read other people's threads.

I used to have friends who I would watch IV'ing 0.5g's of primo ice methamphetamine at a time, but they were insane for doing it. I definitely would not exceed that amount. In fact, I wouldn't do that much at all. Try a lower dose and a different, less harmful ROA. And you can certainly die from a methamphetamine overdose; however, I have not seen the estimated LD50 in humans (if there even is one that can be accurately calculated, which is doubtful), so I can't tell you what it is. I did read somewhere that 1.5g's of regular amphetamine will usually kill a person, but I really don't know. You can get off just fine for hours by snorting, smoking, eating, or plugging as little as 0.1g's. Slamming 500mg of methamphetamine at a time is crazy stupid!! Don't do it.

That's definitely too much.
I've done that much, I wouldn't say that's a safe thing to do though by any means.

Ok, heres the deal, when you shoot it gives you a completely different high. A very euphoric body high and YES that is too high. I have been using for a long time. .5 shot made me want to throw up and then I was high, like ecstacy high for a long time. Shooting to make your day easier seems kind of counter productive, since it takes so much time to prepare and you have the possibility of detection. Why don't you just crush it up and snort it as needed through out the day? In the end, I am a large woman and .5 knocked me back. I would go to perhaps a quarter , which is still A LOT to shoot, before going up that high. Also, you will be washing it to pull into the syringe, so it will be purified, and if you have quality to begin with there won't be a lot of cut. To be safe, go up in increments, but remember the goal is to see how little you need to get you going. Its the one beer gets you drunk theory. Everyone wants to get drunk on one, its cheaper! It is better to do small bits more often than one big dose as far as maintaining goes, especially for work. If you have any other questions I know a ton of shooters and they tell me everything, so feel free to ask. Im glad you don't get the come down, but its the dehydration that causes most of the symptoms and you need to drink plenty of water! Be safe!