• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Irreversible MAOIs and DXM

MuffinTop69

Greenlighter
It is my understanding that this combo is generally not recommended, due to potential Serotonin toxicity. I'm curious if anyone has tried an MAOI (such as Phenelzine) together with DXM, and if so, what dosage?

DO NOT COMBINE DXM WITH MAOIS EVER!! I cannot stress this enough. Serotonin syndrome is no way to die...

DXM is the only NE reuptake inhibitor strong enough to make me flat out panic for hours, and that was without any combination. Given that 2mg d-Amph were enough to increase my blood pressure by an awful lot while on moclobemide (clonidine works to relieve that btw), and the fact serotonin syndrome doesnt exactly sound fun, also people got it from just DXM + SSRI, really I wouldn't mess with it.

We need some weak / partial MAOIs though and based on my experiences with 4,4'-dmar, this could make very interesting combos and possibly help to make SSRIs finally more effective than placebo in serious depression / anxiety.

It is my understanding that this combo is generally not recommended, due to potential Serotonin toxicity. I'm curious if anyone has tried an MAOI (such as Phenelzine) together with DXM, and if so, what dosage?

You shouldn't take it even with reversible MAO-A selective inhibitors.