• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Irish grandma busted for possessing cocaine at bingo hall

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
HELEN Heaphy’s number came up at the bingo hall. The prize was a trip to court.
The 50-year-old grandmother pleaded guilty Wednesday to two counts of possessing cocaine for sale or supply after Irish police caught her with the narcotic outside a Cork bingo hall.

Cork District Court Judge Leo Malone accepted her lawyer’s plea for clemency citing her family obligations and her possession of a relatively small amount of the drug worth 350 euros ($500). Heaphy insisted she was holding the cocaine for an unspecified friend.

Malone fined Heaphy €750 ($A1075) but gave her no jail time, despite having two prior convictions for drugs possession and obstructing a police narcotics unit. She even was allowed to go back to playing bingo at the hall after the owner relented.

998773-76b85c52-a1c2-11e4-9b58-9db4d149c9f7.jpg

Source: http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...ne-at-bingo-hall/story-fnq2oad4-1227194000540

Im happy the poor old bird did not end up in jail (not even like she is even that old at 55).. but really what happened here. They stole her coke and then stole her money and sent her on her way?

How did she get caught.. just chalking them up between games?

B6.. snort. Gambling and coke are pretty much the same damn drug.

NSFW:
8_22_09_20.jpg

heaphy-300x221.jpg

Last edited:
she was just "holding it for a friend"
she's only 50 though, that happens all the time in hte US
it mkaes it sound like its an old lady

My mom is 56 and you'd think she was 30 by looking at her. Look at her daily medication line-up and you'd think she was 90. Numbers mean diddly.

So true....I'm 32 and look like I'm 22 yet my body feels like its 62. So yea numbers are just that. I can imagine the woman getting bingo while all coked out and freaking out lol

Was the Irish part of the thread title included so we would assume she was drunk when this happened?

That was nice of them to not give her jail time and to let her finish playing bingo.

anyone ever read the book "still life with woodpecker" by tom robbins? This reminds me of the part about the grandmother that comes back from south america with a stuffed frog full of cocaine and uses it constantly.