• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Ireland to decriminalise small amounts drugs?

headfuck123

Bluelighter
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...caine-and-cannabis-for-personal-a6719136.html

That headline makes a huge claim that I guess isn't as simple as it seems but this sounds promising if they plan on following Portugals' success.

"Ireland will move towards decriminalising substances including heroin, cocaine and cannabis as part of a “radical cultural shift”, the country's drugs minister has said."

"Aodhán Ó Ríordáin, the chief of Ireland’s National Drugs Strategy, told a lecture at the London School of Economics on Monday that drug users will be able to inject in specially designated rooms in Dublin from next year."

Is this a new thread? I thought there was a big article I'm sure I read yesterday about injection rooms etc?

Evey

Quite possibly Evey! Although I couldn't see a thread on whats happening in Ireland. I know this has been done already throughout Europe and Canada.

Yea it was a thread about Ireland saying small drugs amounts of drugs are going to be legalised n there will be injecting rooms starting in Dublim, Limerick n some other place. Was an interesting read I didn't look who posted it, was last night.

Shame that the UK doesn't follow suit to help keep IV addicts safe n stop making criminals of vulnerable people who need help n compassion not punishing n exclusion.

Evey

Seems crazy tho...a place that has banned all the rcs but is decriminalising these ones. What a fucking farce! I am not a number I am a free man.