• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Inverted or non-inverted?

When playing an FPS do you play with the y-axis inverted or noninverted?

• Total voters
An X-Wing reference?? wutthehell? cool. Never heard
of Commanche 2. how bout Wing Commander?

invert. but only because duke nukem forced me to ages ago and theres no point to changing back.

lazydullard said:
i used to play inverted. I'm the only person I've known who did. I eventually switched just to make it easier for when we switched controllers.

I switched from inverted to non-inverted for the same reason, but I still suck just as much as I ever did...

forgotmypen said:
An X-Wing reference?? wutthehell? cool. Never heard
of Commanche 2. how bout Wing Commander?

another classick :D

a10: tank killer was one of my favourites WAY back in the day

Smurfeh said:
When playing a FPS do you play with the y-axis inverted or noninverted?

a.) Inverted
b.) Noninverted

(Poll please?)
pollerised as requested. :)

I really like inverted. I used to play non and then made the switch when I started playing half life 2 and the eps 1,2. It changed the way I played. It was so great!

I dont understand how people can just switch and start playing the other way around. Unless you started off playing the wrong way, it would be almost impossible for me. Like I said it has to do with what said of the brain you use more, and it's not like you can switch that up lol 8(

The only 1 dramatic change I ever made to how I use a controller was when I played claw for a while on the orginal xbox duke conrtoller, and that took me months to train myself to do it right cause it just didn't feel natural.

The above post is a farce. I'm quite sure it has nothing to do with the brain. I used to play non inverted for years, then switched and have been playing inverted ever since.

ok 8)
I'll come back with that link if I can find it

oh well, you got off easy this time lol, but I read that a while back in the mlg forums, so if anyone wants to search through the 5 million topics they have there be my guest ;)

Hardly matters though, I cant think of any real advantage either one would give you.

Last edited:
i don't play console fps. mouse/keyboard is the only way to go. and there would be no point to invert that.

aanallein said:
i don't play console fps. mouse/keyboard is the only way to go. and there would be no point to invert that.
not true. i always invert mouselook.

I dont need to. your post makes it seem like you dont play fps because you're a pc gamer. :\ and that's just non sense. Like I said they make plenty of fps for the pc.

i play inverted. from playing old crappy microsoft flight sim and wing commander :D
my favorite wing commander was privateer.

If a game won't let me invert the y-axis for look/aim, I won't play it. I'm WAYY too used to the inverted scheme, I'm not about to change now.