Mental Health INVEGA SUSTENNA OR ABILIFY MAINTENA?

Weight gain, grogginess, akathisia, depression
, mental fog, inability to feel pleasure(anhedonia), etc. Tbh those meds are poison, if you haven't taken the shot yet DONT, if it's mandatory and if u have to choose from either of em go for Abilify. I wouldn't wish invega sustenna o
Upon my worst enemy really.

Weight gain, grogginess, akathisia, depression
, mental fog, inability to feel pleasure(anhedonia), etc. Tbh those meds are poison, if you haven't taken the shot yet DONT, if it's mandatory and if u have to choose from either of em go for Abilify. I wouldn't wish invega sustenna o
Upon my worst enemy really.
THXXX for the response we’re you on wither of these drugs? I am currently on Invega & it’s an absolute nightmare ~ trying to weigh up whether to switch to Abilify…but terrified of developing Akathesia!

THXXX for the response we’re you on wither of these drugs? I am currently on Invega & it’s an absolute nightmare ~ trying to weigh up whether to switch to Abilify…but terrified of developing Akathesia!
Good concern! Usually they give propranolol for that. But I can understand not wanting to be on more meds than you need to be on. Ime they were about as equal in restlessness. Clozapine worked for me though.

Please correct me if I'm wrong @emotionalnumb but I believe I read in the Invega thread that they are under community order and must take their meds in injectable form.

If it's mandatory the patient does not get to choose, unfortunately.
Well yeah makes sense because they supposedly "aren't right" or can't control themselves so they kind of lose their right to choose....it's quite scary, I've been on a mandatory 45day psychward that seemed endless...thank god Peruvian government won't spend in those expensive injections and only gave me half a Zyprexa every night. I still have chills tho If I think about that place, like now...lols
I truly wish they make some advances in psychiatry cause the current meds are a nightmare but at least they are not that extreme like in the past. Still got a long run ahead of em tho, the human mind is a complete mystery.
Cheers n3o :)

It’s @ the discretion of the psych ~ they can do orals…enforced injectable’s if you are seen to be ‘non-compliant’.

if you can, just stop invega, you'll do your current self and future self a HUUUUGE favor, I didn't try Abilify LP shots but I was on Abilify for a good chunk of months and it helped me good.
I'm back to Quetiapine and don't feel much difference between it and Abilify except less akathisia and less weird smelling sweat/urine and maybe some other minor stuff I didn't notice.
if you're on mandatory watch but can pick your poison, I recommend asking your doctor about abilify

Last edited by a moderator:
if you can, just stop invega, you'll do your current self and future self a HUUUUGE favor, I didn't try Abilify LP shots but I was on Abilify for a good chunk of months and it helped me good.
I'm back to Quetiapine and don't feel much difference between it and Abilify except less akathisia and less weird smelling sweat/urine and maybe some other minor stuff I didn't notice.
if you're on mandatory watch but can pick your poison, I recommend asking your doctor about abilify
What dosage of Invega were you on! So you weren’t on Abilify injections? Did you experience Akasthesia on Abilify ~ what does that feel like…it scares me (which is why I haven’t yet switched over)