• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Invega sustenna help

I also recall a pretty recent study suggesting that holding off prescribing antipsychotics could lead to a better overall condition. But it's not a common finding as far as I'm concerned.

You can always find studies that show conflicting results. That is especially true in the psychiatric field because some psychiatrists have absolutely no training in experimental design and statistical analysis. For example, their conclusions may be valid for the specific group of patients they studied, but not for the general population. In general, you need to look over every study that has been performed about a given topic and then look for trends in the subset that were well designed.

DRIs will be ineffective: the paliperidone isn't blocking dopamine from entering the cells, it's preventing it from binding to some of the the receptors which would normally be activated by dopamine. It actually prevents the dopamine from having an effect.

I know it's been a while since that post, but how is it that DRI would be ineffective? The paliperidone is blocking some of the receptors, but dopamine concentration still plays a role. If no dopamine could agonize the receptors (they'd be completely blocked), I'm pretty sure the person would have been long dead; so increasing dopamine concentration would result in stronger receptor agonism. Then again I'm not sure how effective that would be, but hey.

On topic though, would like to hear how OP is doing. Mental problems are one of the worst and I know that from first-hand experience.

I know it's been a while since that post, but how is it that DRI would be ineffective? The paliperidone is blocking some of the receptors, but dopamine concentration still plays a role. If no dopamine could agonize the receptors (they'd be completely blocked), I'm pretty sure the person would have been long dead; so increasing dopamine concentration would result in stronger receptor agonism. Then again I'm not sure how effective that would be, but hey.

On topic though, would like to hear how OP is doing. Mental problems are one of the worst and I know that from first-hand experience.
You don't normally get complete receptor occupation by most drugs. Optimal clinical response to typical antipsychotics is achieved at 75% D2 blockade, and there is less D2 occupation with the atypicals. If you go higher then 75% then you start to get Parkinson's symptoms.

Last edited:
You don't normally get complete receptor occupation by most drugs. Optimal clinical response to typical antipsychotics is achieved at 75% D2 blockade, and there is less D2 occupation with the atypicals. If you go higher then 75% then you start to get Parkinson's symptoms.

Yes, that's basically what I was saying. An antagonist doesn't just bind to the receptor and stick there, it's a dynamic equilibrium and substances that have affinities for the receptor compete with eachother, therefore dopamine concentration would affect the extent of activation of the receptor, thus meaning that DRIs would have an effect.

surely there is something that a doctor can prescribe that would help

5 weeks out and am relying on procycledine

In theory mirapex should help
But as has been said getting a doctor to prescribe it with a psych label is impossible

Hey what I do to to get rid of anhedonia and feel normal again for like 30 minutes to an hour and feel half normal 1to 4 hours and just feel better for multiple hours is drink 100 percent coffe coffe boost serotonin... invega blocks serotonin.. this is what I do drink 3 grams of coffe at 8 am then at 1am 2 grams than at 7 pm another 2 grams total 7 grams equals 7000 mg and I feel really great motivation interest in things happiness and other things... I really like it when I get about 1 hour to 30 minutes of feeling normal when I did not use to take invega .. if anyone read what I wrote and tried and it work please respond it's nice to know it worked for someone else 2.