View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Introducing other people to Psychedelics

onepumpchump

Bluelighter
OK, so I was just after some advice/experience on introducing other people to Psychedelics.

I'm not talking about pushing them onto people, I mean introducing them to people who have said they want to try- as safely as possible.

A few points I've considered are

1. How do you judge whether the person should do Psychedelics? A lot of the time we don't know the person as well as we think we do, so if they've made the decision after being well informed, is it OK? (mental conditions etc aside)

2. What drug do you recommend?

3. What dosage?

4. Do you do it with them?

5. Setting - Where do you do it?

I usually give people LSD, as it's always been the most enjoyable and predictable in my limited experience, I usually just go a full 150ugs, which is a good solid trip without anything major normally. It's normally at my house and we sit around listening to music etc, so a pretty standard introduction.

What have other people done? Any considerations I've missed would be great to hear about. :) cheers

1. You don't, it is not your decision. If they really want to try psychedelics, they will try them without you if need be. Your concern should not be with giving a stamp of approval, it should be with making sure they just have the safest and easiest trip possible when they do try it.

2. Low doses of Psilocybe cubensis or similarly potent mushrooms are hard to go wrong with. Say you give someone a gram to be cautious, the likelihood of anyone completely freaking out from that is quite low, and even if it does hit them hard, the intensity will still be limited. In addition, the trip will not last an overly long time especially at those doses, and given their natural and easily identifiable status compared to other drugs, you can help give someone a sense of familiarity (who hasn't heard of magic mushrooms?) in addition to security that they are taking what they want to be taking, at the dose they want to take it at.

3. Answered above.

4. Only if you have at least one other sober sitter present as well, and this is really just if you're great friends with them and can't resist joining. The smart trip sitter trip sits while sober, given that your awareness of the situation and cognitive lucidity will become extremely crucial if they start having a negative or extreme reaction, which, with someone new to psychedelics, could happen at any moment on any drug at any dose. Someone who takes a drug knowing they could lose their self-control and asks you to sit for them is putting their life in your hands, so you should take the request quite seriously.

5. The most comfortable and easy place humanly possible. If at all possible, do it at their house, but only if they will still be free of responsibilities and have no fear of or consequences to getting "caught" while tripping, like by parents for example. If this is an issue, wait for the perfect time to do it at your house, and make sure they have everything they could possible need beforehand - water or other drinks, snacks, music they like, and so on. Do not give someone psychedelics for the first time in public, even a nice calm place like a forest. There will be plenty of chances to trip at those places in the future when you know they won't majorly spazz out during it.

LSD is certainly a nice option too, if you know for sure that what you have is LSD (and NEVER otherwise, don't dose people with uncertain drugs). The only problem with it is that it lasts quite a long time for someone who finds that they don't like it once it kicks in.... That could be an issue, but aside from that it's a good choice as well. Obviously it worked for a lot people in the '60s.

Remember, people want to gossip and that people can't keep secrets. If you talk about drugs while distributing drugs this could result in trouble, I have heard.

A safe setting in a house can be all fine and dandy but IMHO go into nature. If its possible

Planning to go in nature after it's already been going for a while and they're having a great trip is fine. Just do not plan to start in nature, you want to be as safe as possible when it's first kicking in. Most people will be fine with low doses on their first trips and it's just precaution, but a select few will have a majorly unexpectedly intense response... just speaking from many years of personal experience. There is no way to tell who will be the ones who try to kill themselves to prove to you that they're already dead or run screaming about demons through thorn bushes, until it's already happening and you're too late.

To the OP,

It really not the saintliest thing to do, although I have been guilty of it on more than one occasion.

1- If it's a person you know beforehand and are comfortable with. You're going to spending 8+ hours with them so a little background helps. Or if you're a good judge of people you should be able to tell within 60 seconds if the person would be comfortable tripping from their demeanor.
2- LSD
3- 100-200mcg, depending on person and setting
4-Yes
5-Empty house is ideal. Somewhere that has nice indoor and outdoor spaces. If only 1 of those is available, somewhere outside away from people (but with shade if it's hot around).