• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Introducing friends / loved ones to psychedelics

as far as LSD goes, just keep an eye on him. some people (like myself) become completely enamored with the psychedelic mindset and are prone to go on binges if they have easy supply.
Sounds like exactly what I did when I had access to liquid. Oh man, those were some glorious times. =D

Inexperience + Having money + Access to liquid = spend most weekends tripping

I would probably also feel a bit of personal responsibility here too, but in the end it is your friend's choice(s) to do what he will. If I were you, I would simply talk with him about it. Find out his thoughts on the whole deal. I would most def talk to him about the meth tho, make sure he knows what he is doing and taking proper precautions to not develop an addiction quicker than he realizes. In regards to the LSD though, when I first came upon it, I tripped and then as soon as I came down, tripped again, and then again in 2 days time, and it was like that for a while actually, dropping as often as I could find the time and energy to do so. I wouldn't worry so much about that unless you can see it is adversely affecting his life (and by this I mean what he wants out of life not what you think he should do). Everyone's different. Some people get bored and pull out of the constant dosing, others, get enamored and end up going back as often as possible. I am one of the latter, but as I have matured and become more experienced with tripping, I find that even though I might feel the call to trip, I now am much more aware of the way my body responds, and the way my mind responds, and find myself saying no more often, rather than wasting an experience and myself for the next few days. On those days, when I want to trip, but can tell I am not really physically/mentally/spiritually up for it, I usually end up spending the night reading about psychedelics. It can be just as satisfying for me to read all night about psychs when I wanted to be taking them but wasn't up for paying the whole toll. Just try to get him to do his research, and keep an open dialog with him about it all. You can't control what people do in life, only what you do. The best course here would be just to try to educate him, and let him know you are concerned because the change was so sudden. I would even admit to him that you feel a bit of personal responsibility in it all for introducing him to lsd. That way maybe he will understand that you are just not trying to control his fun...It's funny, but I often wonder if the the dude who first got me to drink and smoke pot ever feels responsible for the monster he helped create in me lol...anyhow, good luck.

Just a general spiel, directed at nobody and nothing in particular, except perhaps vaguely at the subject-matter covered by the thread:

IMO, you should only introduce someone to psychedelics if they request the introduction.

Giving someone a hit or two of LSD is a far cry from handing them a joint or a Budweiser-- it will cause drastic changes in their cognition, for better or worse, some of which may be quite permanent. This can be a good thing, or a bad thing; occasionally, it is simply a neutral thing and doesn't result in much change. But usually, in most people, psychedelics will noticeably alter their personality (I rarely utilize the future imperative tense, life being so uncertain I reserve it for times when I consider an outcome to be extremely likely to happen-- in this circumstance, I can phrase that statement in the future imperative with confidence). So, you can see how this should never be taken lightly; it is a big responsibility. Psychedelics are not toys; they are extremely powerful mind-tools that should be approached with respect and caution.

You should never actively persuade someone to do psychedelics-- if they display some genuine interest in the subject, then just point them towards unbiased sources of information and allow them to make their own decision on the matter, free from any pressure or biased influence.

Prosthelytizing for psychedelics is completely unethical and wrong. It should never be done, and should be actively discouraged! (I rarely use exclamation points, but in this case it is warranted). Psychedelics are so powerful, so undeniably puissant in their ability to radically alter cognition, that the choice whether or not to ingest them should only be made by an un-pressured, lucid, and properly informed mind.

Additionally, the concepts surrounding psychedelia span such vast territory that one cannot offer a proper explanation to a neophyte; any explanation one attempts to give will inevitably fail to do the subject matter any justice.

To begin to elucidate the mystery surrounding psychedelics, in a coherent and systematic manner that is capable of being grasped by the non-psychedelically-initiated, one must appeal to a myriad of diverse disciplines in order to piece together an adequate explanation. These disciplines include but are not limited to: applied mathematics, chemistry, physics, pharmacology, neuroscience, mysticism, psychology, religious history, genetics, philosophy, linguistics, sociology, metaphysics, ontology, epistemology, teleology, mathematical and philosophical logic, etc etc etc.

What I'm trying to say is that I could write a thousand page book trying to tackle the subject matter of psychedelia and still fail to provide a thorough analysis, or indeed even a decent one. Trying to convince someone to do psychedelics is inherently unethical because it's not even possible to explain the concept to them-- certainly not in casual conversation. Tripping must be experienced to be understood. Trying to teach someone who's never tripped what tripping is like, is comparable to trying to teach a walrus the rules of blackjack: there are numerous insurmountable obstacles to communication about the matter in question, and all attempts to do so will be either futile or harmful.

If someone you know feels ready to try a psychedelic drug, and they express that desire to you, then you should enthusiastically help them start their psychedelic journey-- but until that time, I think it's highly advisable to keep quiet about taking psychedelic drugs and instead focus on projecting the values that the psychedelic experience promotes: such as love, unity, inclusiveness, and appreciation for nature and our fellow sentient beings. :) <3

Sounds like exactly what I did when I had access to liquid. Oh man, those were some glorious times. =D

Inexperience + Having money + Access to liquid = spend most weekends tripping

How i wish i could have purchased a vial this last year, that sounds like an incredible amount of fun.

Tripping must be experienced to be understood. Trying to teach someone who's never tripped what tripping is like, is comparable to trying to teach a walrus the rules of blackjack: there are numerous insurmountable obstacles to communication about the matter in question, and all attempts to do so will be either futile or harmful.

I agree with the notion that no person should be subject to the psychedelic experience unless it is truly their desire, and that spreading misinformation will only cause harm. But, to play devil's advocate, couldn't one argue that because a psychedelic virgin has no concept of what they're deciding for or against, it should not be entirely their decision? A bit like letting your dog decide its meal portions?

Last edited:
I used to have these same feelings many many years ago after introducing a lot of people to Ecstasy back in the 90's. They then went off and got mashed loads, as did I. But I would worry so much about other people in the end and where my responsibility lied that I ended up feeling anxious all the time. A lot of time has passed since then and all my friends are fine, nothing bad ever happened, nor is it likely that it would have, in fact, most have "grown out" of drugs. But i made a rule somewhere down the line not to introduce anyone new to drugs, mainly for my own sanity really.

I don't think you should per-sway anyone to try drugs due to that lots of people have a hard time saying no.
So it might not be what they really want, and this is extremely important with psychedelics.

Offer people drugs, tell them some info but not per-sway them.

So for me it all depends on how much you per-swayed him.

How i wish i could have purchased a vial this last year, that sounds like an incredible amount of fun.

It sure is. After a while it becomes just another weekend activity though, at which point you really need to slow down. Until that point it's all ZOMG ACID!!1one