• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Intravenous suboxone taper help?

Thats good to know, do you have info about how I could read these papers ?

So far I've been coming down with my iv use and its slowly but surely working thanks for your help guys !

I keep repeating this, sorry, but the gold standard about opioid withdrawal are and remain NMDA antagonists.

This is the gold standard treatment or an alternative? I've never heard of this being the gold standard, the first line of treatment, although if this is something new in the past few years I may have missed it. Isn't ketamine a NMDA antagonist, that would put it exponentially lower than the gold standard?

This is the gold standard treatment or an alternative? I've never heard of this being the gold standard, the first line of treatment, although if this is something new in the past few years I may have missed it. Isn't ketamine a NMDA antagonist, that would put it exponentially lower than the gold standard?
the gold standard for me is clonazepam/diazepam, loperamide, pregabalin/gabapentin for the first 5-7 days then tough the fuck out of it.

I'm making progress today i did 18 MGs IV from 28 or so. I'll try to keep this up for 4 or so more days before tapering more

I had a question about memantine, what is that.
Also can I take kratom and tramadol while I'm taking suboxone ?

Also to update. I am still under 20MG doing well on the taper.
Veins are tough at times to shoot.
Also question do 28 gauge needles hurt your veins more than 31 guage?

Yeah, 31 gauge is a smaller diameter and would do less damage to your veins. Kratom and Tramadol on your dosage of buprenorphine would be a bad idea, and potentially set you up for some precipitated withdrawals on your next dosing of bupe, although unlikely. It would mainly just be wasted product and money.

Thank you for that ^
I knew that guys post was insane....
Okay so I'm still dojng good guys I've been under 20 MGs for a week now
Now im going to work down to 15 mgs!

Keep up the good work man, slow and stead wins the race here. Once you hit around 12 mg, I would start transitioning to sublingual ROA.

It could look something like this:

Day 1: 12 mg buprnorphine IV (12 mg available to arterial blood)
Day 2-5: 8 mg buprnorphine IV, 8 mg sublingual buprnorphine (~12 mg available to arterial blood)
Day 6-10: 4 mg buprnorphine IV, 12 mg sublingual buprnorphine (~10 mg available to arterial blood)

^ Some version of that will keep the actual drug blood plasma levels similar, while allowing you to slowly phase out using the needle and also continuing the slow taper.

the gold standard for me is clonazepam/diazepam, loperamide, pregabalin/gabapentin for the first 5-7 days then tough the fuck out of it.

Amen.
Clonidine, Gabapentin, some Valium and maybe some Weed for the nausea (i'm partial to a high CBD oil that can be taken orally). Got me through a nightmarish PWD episode that lasted three days, and I was "good to go" maybe a week later.

OP's got such a massive habit, I'd personally just switch to sublingual (fuck snorting 3 x 8 mg pills that's a shitload of powder) and deal with it.

Thanks for your support guys.... things are going well, I switched to smaller Guage rigs and its been helping a bit but having a bit trouble the last few days injecting although I'm getting by.
I am now hitting 14mgs - 16 mgs IV
So I've been able to come down 8 -10 Mgs. Its been a patient ride so far but so glad things are working out and thank you for all of your guys help its definitely appreciated!

Yesterday I hit 14 mgs were gettin closer to the goal !!

I feel like an idiot for letting it get as far as it did but ya live ya learn!