• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Intravenous administration of base tryptamines (MiPT, MET, DPT)

Perogies

Greenlighter
Alright so I have searched long and hard for IV experiences with these tryptamines and have found next to nothing except for on DPT where it was reported that 10mgs iv provided a +++ experience and 20mgs iv provided a ++++ experience. Why would it be that much more powerful IV'd than IM'd? That doesnt make much sense to me.

4 substituted tryptamines, from a David nutt study, psilocin at 2mgs iv was equipotent to 15mgs oral and I have found that to be true with 4-aco-dmt. Iv'ing that provided me with an experience almost identical to a DMT breakthrough but that lasted a few to 4 hours in total. Making it much more worthwhile than DMT for myself anyways.

If anyone has any experience IVing any of these tryptamines it would help a lot. I'm going to be testing them out on my own starting tonight. Probably start with MiPT then MET and finally DPT as I consider that order to be weakest to strongest in way of effects. I was thinking 10mgs would be a good starting point with the first two. But 5mgs as a starting point for the DPT. Anyways, after I test them all I plan on writing trip reports if anyone is interested.

Hey man. I have IVd DPT and 4 aco. DPT gave me a ++++ at about 25 MG's I guess I I'm remembering correctly.....4 aco at 25 MG's was like u described. Just like smoking nn DMT but better and longer lasting.

The DPT had intense closed eyed visuals for me. I became enveloped in the beautiful jeweled clouds and eventually a blinding white light that was everything. The DPT lasted about 2 hours I'd say. Visuals very similar to 4 subbed tryptamines were observed on the comedown

Hey man. I have IVd DPT and 4 aco. DPT gave me a ++++ at about 25 MG's I guess I I'm remembering correctly.....4 aco at 25 MG's was like u described. Just like smoking nn DMT but better and longer lasting.

The DPT had intense closed eyed visuals for me. I became enveloped in the beautiful jeweled clouds and eventually a blinding white light that was everything. The DPT lasted about 2 hours I'd say. Visuals very similar to 4 subbed tryptamines were observed on the comedown

How was it in intensity? Were you able to maintain control physically at that dosage? Or should I have a sitter?

No. I had to lie down and fall into the visions. I'm sure a sitter wouldn't hurt

I've IV'd MET and DPT, a couple times each. I can't help with dosage really, because I'm terrible about letting tolerance fully reset between psych uses, have a natural tolerance, and tend to come down much faster than others, (even during my first use of psychs with friends,) and the few times I did them I was already mildly tripping on something else, which made the experiences go from a + to a +++/+.

As for why it's more powerful IV'ed than IM, even with IM it "trickles" into the bloodstream, much much faster than taking them orally, but still, while with IV it is instantly in the blood (less than 1 minute until it's launching into your brain at full speed.) I remember one time with MET I was just about to withdraw the needle when my entire visual field was enveloped in insane MET visuals already, and I had trouble just throwing the needle in the needle disposal box, and could barely concentrate to put pressure on the puncture site for 30 seconds. Typically with IM, I've found I've enough time to clean up, even take a quick trip to the bathroom before laying back in bed, starting to feel it in 3-5 minutes instead of less than one. That massive rush of whatever drug will just overwhelm your brain much more quickly than even IM.

Fwiw, I've only done those a few times, and I prefer IM by far, it's all just too quick IV imo, and you definitely should have a sitter, or at very minimum, be sitting on your bed, music, lights, etc. already playing. With your needle disposal right there and some cotton or pre opened alcohol swap right there to apply pressure, there's no time to run to the bathroom even just to rinse your mouth out or throw something away. Whatever you choose, good luck : )

Finally for HARM REDUCTION IF YOU DON'T KNOW NEEDLES, hopefully you already know this (but for anyone else who might be reading,) to IM or IV anything you should be using sterile saline solution meant for injection, or better yet bacteriosteric sterile solution, and you should filter the substance through a 0.22 um (micron) filter (as well as use an alcohol swab at the intended puncture spot, 30 seconds starting at the intended puncture site then moving and going outward in a ring shape.) I can't give sources, but these are all cheap and legal in the USA (as far as I know, I'm no lawyer.) Without filtering (and even if filtering, just must less likely than if you don't,) you risk putting in bacteria and dust, and lots of other stuff straight to your blood (IM or IV.) If the wrong bacteria gets in your blood and your body doesn't kill it right away, it can turn into sepsis (an infection of the blood,) and you could be dead in less then 48 hours even with Drs and RNs pumping you (via IV drip) full of multiple of the most powerful antibiotics we have, no matter your age/health before the injection.

While, not drug related, I know a friend who's mom died in her early 40s, she was very healthy, and she got mildly bit on the finger by her cat. And you guessed it, she was dead in less than 48 hours from sepsis (and she'd gone to ER in about 12 hours after the bite,) just from a bite that caused a small trickle of blood but inserted some bacteria. So yeah, if you've never injected something (or if you have, but without fully reading up on it,) DO YOUR RESEARCH, there's more to it than I've said here, with some good guides here on bluelight. Just be careful, yalls : ) Oh, and I guess if you get bit by anything, remember to immediately wash the area for 10 minutes with hot/warm water and soap (regular soap is better than antibiotic soap, hydrogen peroxide is really just a gimmick and never really useful except in very specific circumstances, alcohol is 2nd best if you don't have soap and water within a couple minutes of you.) And then after the bite stay calm, you're almost certainly fine, but if you feel a temp/any fever like symptoms get to an ER asap (or if it's possible the animal that bit you carries rabbles.) Sorry to be a downer, it's rare, but you don't want it to be you!

Alright so I have searched long and hard for IV experiences with these tryptamines and have found next to nothing except for on DPT where it was reported that 10mgs iv provided a +++ experience and 20mgs iv provided a ++++ experience. Why would it be that much more powerful IV'd than IM'd? That doesnt make much sense to me.

4 substituted tryptamines, from a David nutt study, psilocin at 2mgs iv was equipotent to 15mgs oral and I have found that to be true with 4-aco-dmt. Iv'ing that provided me with an experience almost identical to a DMT breakthrough but that lasted a few to 4 hours in total. Making it much more worthwhile than DMT for myself anyways.

If anyone has any experience IVing any of these tryptamines it would help a lot. I'm going to be testing them out on my own starting tonight. Probably start with MiPT then MET and finally DPT as I consider that order to be weakest to strongest in way of effects. I was thinking 10mgs would be a good starting point with the first two. But 5mgs as a starting point for the DPT. Anyways, after I test them all I plan on writing trip reports if anyone is interested.
Time until onset is the reason why. A 2-10 minute absorption versus 2 to 10 seconds.

Time until onset is the reason why. A 2-10 minute absorption versus 2 to 10 seconds.

I've IV'd many substances and the massive increase in potency IV compared to IM is quite different with psychedelics. Ketamine doesn't get that much more potent IVd compared to the same dosage IM, I think there is something else going on here.

Anyways, I tried 20mgs MET IV'd and got minor effects, tried the same with DPT and MiPT and got the same result. I believe this is due to tolerance and having tripped during the week before these trials. I did end up IVing 24mgs of 4-aco-dmt and it was the most intense and terrifying experience I have ever had. I wasn't at all expecting it to be this strong because of the previously mentioned tolerance. 2mgs 4-ho-dmt IV is equal to 15mgs oral 4-ho-dmt according to a study I read. So I did the equivalent if about 180mgs oral 4-aco-dmt.

The injection was painful and burned in my veins, I was all of a sudden rocketed into DMT space, no fractals anywhere, just neon colours and simple shapes and the feeling like I was in another dimension. I had auditory hallucinations, the sound coming out of the TV was changing pitch. All I could do was tell myself that it was going to be ok and try to push the thoughts of having a seizure out of my mind. I thought I was going to die it was so intense. I spent 1 hour in this alternate dimension. I turned around and saw a giant creature in the doorway to my bedroom, crouched down making clicking noises trying to get my attention. I ignored that bastard as hard as I could. I was watching a documentary on aliens and couldn't understand anything that was being said, but I got the feeling that what was being communicated was sinister. The pitch of the womans voice kept shifting. After about an hour or so the neon alternate dimension visuals subsided and my field of view was filled with fractals, which was a massive relief. The rest of the trip was semi enjoyable although I definitely would not repeat this experience.

I am going to wait 2 weeks and then trial intravenous DPT and MET.

It’s a lot more potent IV’d - I never cared to go high dosage with it.

VS other drugs that are highly selective (ketamine is a non-selective NMDA glut antagonist), there is obviously going to be unique differences.

So I notice the title says base tryptamines, are they very soluble in water? If no, what solvent is used?

I’ve wanted to inject DMT but would rather not have to make the acetate again and am wondering if it’s soluble enough to do with just water?

-GC

So I notice the title says base tryptamines, are they very soluble in water? If no, what solvent is used?

I’ve wanted to inject DMT but would rather not have to make the acetate again and am wondering if it’s soluble enough to do with just water?

-GC

The MET and MiPT are furmurate salt form and the DPT is the hydrochloride salt. I am unsure what solvent would be needed if you have the freebase form of DMT. Could try adding citric acid or acetic acid to water and see if it dissolves. Just a guess. Works for quite a few other freebase chemicals.

Yea in the past I’ve made DMT acetate by converting with a minimal amount of distilled vinegar, evaporating, and redissolving in fresh dh2o. I just couldn’t get myself to put the needle in as I was still getting over a former heroin addiction and used to have a lot of negativity attached to that ROA.

Now that years have passed I’m ready for another go. I remember reading of a few people injecting the freebase with water so figured I’d ask. Thanks for clarification man!

-GC

I've honestly mixed dmt from the darknet with vitamin C from the needle exchange and was able to create effects fine. I did more lower doses, but I found the experience to be a lot easier then smoking as one can get their breathing balanced before doing the shot where doing the shot doesn't cause one to adjust their breathing and one just has to use a very small solution and be ready to lay down shortly after as effects will begin just about as one finishes laying back if not before the injections even done for higher doses that I would not recommend attempting alone even for the experienced due to the massive numbers of complications trying to put the needle somewhere safe before laying down one won't roll over on it during the experience.

I've also done low doses of 4 aco dmt/dpt where the 4 aco dpt wasn't really soluble in water and I could only get about 9 mg suspended enough to get into a syringe (don't do what I do kids) and would end up with very intriguing physical effects I can only describe as orgasmic while visually it lacked much anything while something was definitely there yet mentally is where it really created some intense activity that led me to wonder if a fungus is one life throughout the whole culture where a bunch of fruits can be the same culture then couldn't a plant be one whole life where if a buds seperated it would still be part of that life and possibly still alive after drying and curing where then I'd be grinding and burning trees alive then considerd what I'd think if someone ground me up and smoked me making me feel guilty for smoking weed for a minute.... I decided at that point it was definitely something that would strictly be personal stash only. As far as the 4-aco-dmt it was like NN'-DMT that created visuals that focused more on the warm end of the color spectrum (red, orange, yellow) rather then the even color spectrum NN'-DMT produces where 5 mg added to the 4-aco-dpt almost sent me into a full DMT-ish experience.