• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Intravenous accident

Just to reiterate, don't go in your hand. Also, let the solution cool down for a couple of minutes before injecting. I've never had a problem with the temperature of the shot, and that's using basic gear which requires acid and a good blast of heat. If you're using water soluble gear then I'd suggest not heating it so much in future - it shouldn't need it. Use a totally different site next time, but if the swelling doesn't do down soon (try soaking your hand in ice cold water) then you should seek medical advice.

More likely than not, you probably did. Especially it being your hand, very easy to do. It's not a huge deal, just don't attempt to inject at that spot again, you'll only do further damage. A blown be in will most likely look puffy as you described, but it should not be SUPER painful. Likely will bruise. Again, especially being on the hand.

I do not believe I have blown the vein. There is no discoloration. The swelling seems to be dropping now. And I?m not in much pain (all though that is no doubt obscured by my usage).
I truly did just inject piping hot water and H into my hand. Even warm water leaves little white puffy marks.
At this point, I?m worried about infection and sepsis from a possible 2nd degree burn on the inside of my veins.

Just to reiterate, don't go in your hand. Also, let the solution cool down for a couple of minutes before injecting. I've never had a problem with the temperature of the shot, and that's using basic gear which requires acid and a good blast of heat. If you're using water soluble gear then I'd suggest not heating it so much in future - it shouldn't need it. Use a totally different site next time, but if the swelling doesn't do down soon (try soaking your hand in ice cold water) then you should seek medical advice.

Thank you for your replies. Yeah, this isn?t my first rodeo, I do know to let it cool and have never had a problem.
The H I have rightt now is incredibly dense, it requires quite a bit of heat. This morning I just did it all way too fast. That?s what I get.
And I use my hand because my arms have been giving me trouble. The vein is very hardy on my hand, though...

You missed...this definitely isn't a result of the shot being too hot. Unless you are using a 5ml rig or something. 1ml of water just doesn't hold that much thermal energy and by the time you get it into the barrel it will have cooled off not to mention when you shoot it up you are injecting it slowly(and cooling it again as it goes back through the needle) and thenmixing it with body temperature blood over time which then quickly moves away from the injection site. If you don't believe me, try to cook up a shot like normal, draw it up into your works, and then squirt it onto your skin, you will have trouble even causing pain let alone hurting yourself. Think about it, how would the water remain hot and then flow back into your hand when its being carried the in the opposite direction. And if you are using more than 1ml of water then don't, you shouldn't need more than 50 units.

Even if you were to miss with truly very hot water the greatest concern from the temperature would be a blister or some tissue damage from the heat at the site of injection, it's the missing part that would be the problem. If your shot was painful that is indicative of you missing, not of it being too hot.

Last edited:
I did not miss. And when I pulled the syringe out, the water that fell out actually burnt my hand. It was too hot.

Thanks for your response, but I got the help I needed.

Well just for curiosities sake, I just took a torch lighter and brought a measuring spoon of water to a rolling boil, used extra so it wouldn't cool down too much while I drew up 50 units without a filter as fast as I possibly could then immediately squirted it all back in its entirety onto the back of my hand...it was hotter than I thought it would be, turned my skin a little bit red even after letting the water sit there in one place. Maybe you didn't miss and poked a nerve or something, but it wasn't the temperature.

But I am glad you got the help you needed.

Last edited:
Doesn't take much heat to dissolve H, unless you have #3. I don't know where you live or what's available. I'd also use leg veins. They are big with less nerves and people won't see the marks. At least wait for it to cool a little, lol.