• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Intramuscular Injection - Methamphetamine

sharpmetalmulisha

Bluelighter
As we all know, not everything we read online is true. Tonight while browsing the web for an answer to a question I had regarding why I was tired an hour after shooting up .2 of meth. I still do not know why this is exactly. I take Wellbutrin XL, which reduces the pleasurable sensations (and seizure threshold, i know its unsafe to mix the two, please save the lecture.) and I think this may have something to do with it.

Anyways...

While searching for the answer to this question, I stumbled upon a page that was somewhat convincing until I came upon a section that listed intramuscular injection of methamphetamine as a route of administration. It does state that this method has a higher risk of abscess and infection, muscle damage, and subdural hematoma. The author goes on to include that this is the longest lasting high, though not as intense as IV. The author states that this method takes "5-10 minutes onset, but lasts for 10-36 hours depending on weight, tolerance, etc"

The url is: http://www.rdfrn.com/totse/en/drugs/speedy_drugs/methamphetamin174183.html

I can only speak for myself, but getting even just a tinsy bit outside of a vein gives you an experience of pain that will give you a new understanding of the "10" doctors ask when you are to rate your pain as "Not painful - 1 and Excruciating - 10". Not only does it hurt immediately, but continues to hurt for hours depending on the amount spilled. I cannot imagine injecting a shot of meth into your muscle, but I imagine it has been done.

Is there anybody who can shed some light as to whether or not this is true or share an experience where it has been done? Also, if anybody knows why I am tired after taking my shot, please inbox me, rather than post a reply.

*Personal Opinion: Who ever "totse" is, he sounds like an asshole, if not totally full of shit.

IM meth? Ouch! Never heard of anyone doing this on purpose because yes, it burns like hell. Maybe they were talking about desoxyn? Idk if pharm meth would burn less but I'd rather not find out..

I really hope y'all aren't injecting vinegar either. Geeze

By the way, we don't SWIM here. It's against the forum rules and we all know who you're talking about anyway.

Last edited:
So yesterday I was taking a shot and I missed the whole thing and my arm burned then went numb I got a tiny buzz like an hour later. Today my arm is still numb

Injection is a particularly risky way to ingest drugs. Other than some real hygienic issues, you'll be putting all of the impurities into your blood stream, which can have serious ramifications wrt your cardiovascular system. Also, about 1/200 IV users per year will contract a bacteria that feasts on your heart.

iM really should only be used for sterile ampoules or at least .22 micron filtered and ph neutral solutions..
At leas the blood has a built in filter in the system.

Never tried it with meth, but I've IM'd really pure coke mixed with ketamine with no issue. Id say definitely desoxyn is worse, the meth might have some impurity but the pill binders etc will cause an abcess for sure.

As we all know, not everything we read online is true. Tonight while browsing the web for an answer to a question I had regarding why I was tired an hour after shooting up .2 of meth. I still do not know why this is exactly. I take Wellbutrin XL, which reduces the pleasurable sensations (and seizure threshold, i know its unsafe to mix the two, please save the lecture.) and I think this may have something to do with it.

Anyways...

While searching for the answer to this question, I stumbled upon a page that was somewhat convincing until I came upon a section that listed intramuscular injection of methamphetamine as a route of administration. It does state that this method has a higher risk of abscess and infection, muscle damage, and subdural hematoma. The author goes on to include that this is the longest lasting high, though not as intense as IV. The author states that this method takes "5-10 minutes onset, but lasts for 10-36 hours depending on weight, tolerance, etc"

The url is: http://www.rdfrn.com/totse/en/drugs/speedy_drugs/methamphetamin174183.html

I can only speak for myself, but getting even just a tinsy bit outside of a vein gives you an experience of pain that will give you a new understanding of the "10" doctors ask when you are to rate your pain as "Not painful - 1 and Excruciating - 10". Not only does it hurt immediately, but continues to hurt for hours depending on the amount spilled. I cannot imagine injecting a shot of meth into your muscle, but I imagine it has been done.

Is there anybody who can shed some light as to whether or not this is true or share an experience where it has been done? Also, if anybody knows why I am tired after taking my shot, please inbox me, rather than post a reply.

*Personal Opinion: Who ever "totse" is, he sounds like an asshole, if not totally full of shit.
ty for patience... 1st time posting...from
my experience :
i think the "miss" eventually leeches into your blood...
i was arrested once with a robin egg-sized knot one one arm...
it seems to me i had much more energy, less appetite for days than should have been the case... anecdotal yes,
but conditions are good for observation...

have had other "misses" that seem to jibe with this experience...
there's no rush... just an awareness of the boost being there if you need to reach for it...

dry lips and sinuses...

reminds me of the tail end of a 2 or 3 day run...

hope that helps

Last week swim missed a whole shot my arm burned bad and then went numb almost aweek later it's still numb no abscess but it sucks swim didn't get high and arm is fucked it feels like there's dead crunchy tissue between my muscles