Intramuscular Injection (IM Injection) Deltoid muscle has been hurting months after

Steroids are now being administered sub q under authority of trt doctors. As for needle length,
I use half inch slin pins in deltoid, triceps, and quads. Sometimes one inch in quads. 1.5" for glutes. Half inch for pecs. If you're reasonably lean, most drugs can be injected shallow IM with z track method to prevent leaking into sub q region.
Though it is true certain drugs do need deep IM injection such as hydroxizine. The drug will cause blood cells to rupture up in contact and local site trauma.
Id suggest going to a neuro. I pin delts pretty frequently with 1", 5/8",1/2" and never had issues. I've had more issues with my quads honestly.

Pretty sold advice. Unless you are tiny, though, stick to at least 1 in. needles for the delts and maybe the glutes. Most people are OK with 1.5 for the glutes instead of the really slim. I have some obese patients who need longer needs than that to give a proper IM as is the the case with depot antipsychotics &c. I still don't know about IMing the quads and other nonmedically standard muscles and view this concept with considerable trepidation.

Hydroxyzine is a great example of a drug with which exceeding care needs to be taken. There are more than a few cautionary tales circulating around here about junkies who notice that p.o. hydroxyzine potentiates their methadone (in particular but I suppose any opioid) and then figure that they can i.v. it for a greater effect, but it cause hemolysis ansd in the worst cases vascular/tissue necrosis I believe, which is extremely bad news, one might as well i.v. Benadryl, which is readily enough available in 5mg/ml vials. Hydroxyzine has excellent p.o. BA anyway, and it's a pretty decent drug for it's proper indications or even for the less legit applications in opiate potentiation, but fuck, please keep it away from a needle. Even i.m. injections need some careful considerations. As I'd said before Thorazine is notorious for abscess formation as are a few other of the parenteral psych meds. In my work setting we have a lot of repeatedly agitated patients who need frequent and stratospheric amounts of neuroleptics to maintain behavioral safety (as in you would probably not believe me if I told you the figures), and yes, abscesses and elevated CPK are nearly always a complication. Wind up on ABx (p.o. usually but sometimes i.v.) and i.v. hydration and usually wind up ok, interestingly because even without i.m. meds CPK tends to rise in psychosis, so yeah, it's a dangerous loop. But I've digressed pretty far from the original question. OP you will probably be OK but observe better technique in the future. If there is localized heat, raised redness, fever, general malaise, you may need to seek medical care, otherwise, count it off as you know, one of those infelicities of the lifestyle that involves illicit drug use, and be vigilient for anything more dangerous. Maintain a low threshhold for seeking medical interventionl, because you know, lost limbs. See the banging ambien thread.

The hospital by my administers antibiotic shots into either quad or glutes depending of what's requested. Thank God I said glutes, felt like fiery lava in my ass cheek. Also I believe epinephrine pens pamphlet demonstrates a quad shot in the picture portion of instructions? Always on the outer sweep on the quad