• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Intramuscular (IM) or Intravenous (IV) 5-MeO-DALT?

AlphaOdure

Bluelighter
Could not find any information on this whatsoever in the big-dandy 5-MeO-DALT thread; but, i'm curious if anyone has tried intramuscular, subcutaneous, or intravenous dosing? I know subcutaneous was incredibly more intense w/ 4-Ho-MiPT. My guess w/ this compound is that intramuscular & subcutaneous would just mimic oral doses but w/ a higher potency & quicker onset. Which may work? But I did 45mg plus an extra 22.5mg roughly 40 minutes after dosing & felt minimal--things are off--sort of a feeling. Not "tripping" by any means. But intravenous may mimic the effects people are reporting w/ smoking? Unless combustion is somehow changing the molecular formula of 5-MeO-DALT?

Reason I ask is b/c I'm finding bad technique w/ smoking.. I know had enough powder in & got some effect (& vendor reputable).. but nothing as described. & i've had great success w/ 5-methoxy-DMT in the past.. (& i never chased/smoked any substance, nor dope.. shot it till dec 22 '07 tho :| ). So, i've been making foily bowls, except--crinkling the ends so the smoke all comes straight up--Seems most the smoke comes upwards when it starts to turn black (yes hcl verison); don't know if this is the most important time to inhale? seems to produce more smoke?

& is this compound extra stable? Must smoke be held in for a long time like say the stable terpenoid salvinorin A?

Smoking 5-meo-dalt should be the same as 5-meo-dmt. You may need to increase the size of the hits you are taking, and also remember that 5meodalt is nowhere near as powerful as 5meodmt. When I was experimenting with it, smoking usually only provided electrical brain zaps and a definite shift in my state of mind with some brightening of colours, maybe some faint shifting, and some pretty noticeable trails.

How much are you smoking at once?

Oh and also, I always used a meth pipe for smoking it. Perhaps you need to hold the flame farther away and heat it up slower?

As far as the 5 methoxylated tryptamines and shooting them, ive only iv'd 5-meo-mipt and it was many times more intense and uncomfortable than iv'ing 4 subbed tryptamines like 4-aco-dmt. I can imagine 5-meo-dalt being this way as well, a very rough come up, after the anxiety faded and i was able to start processing things with my mind it ended up being a great trip. I have taken high dose 5meodalt orally (upwards of 75mgs) and it was very speedy and overwhelming which definitely is indicative of how 5meodalt would be intraveinously.

Last edited:
smoking 15-20mg, but have been upping it since then b/c of lack of effects. Its been more than 10 years since i've smoked 5-MeO-DMT, so i cannot remember the process I used, but i believe it being similar.

I tried your process; less heat, sweating, increase heart rate..ugh, still not working. May try a higher oral dose again. I'm broke, unemployed waiting on disability, can't really afford a meth pipe. Plus i don't smoke meth & hate stimulants unless i need, well, stimulation. they're not euphoric for me.

Seems to smoke more when it get's black. Definitely something's "off"... just got done smoking some, but no rush.. I'm hitting it 5+ times at least... --i'm going to try a 100mg oral dose. see what happens.

And again, if anyone knows, does this require holding in the smoke long or can you immediately exhale to get another hit in order to get full effects before short term tolerance hits? although i know the tolerance is negligible. Is this chemical stable like salvinorin A? or is well absorbed in the lungs?

100mg oral dose did barely anything, seemed no different than 50mg.

A few weeks later I IM'd 100mg, then 150mg a few weeks after that. Aside from a quick 10-20 minute uncomfortable increase in heart rate, minorly dilated pupils, and a raging libido that took 3 jack-offs to fulfill--this shit did nothing. Quite intense anxiolysis, no insight; no visuals--perhaps brighten colors or slightly warping clouds if i paid attention but could've easily been placebo. Down in 2 hours, actually had to take some etizolam to take care of the anxiolysis/heart rate (when i can handle 100mg of IM'd miprocin!! my absolute favorite behind iprocin).

No music enhancement either...

Perhaps is an entactogen of likes of MDA like some are saying--but, MDMA, MDA & MDx drugs never appealed to me. Tried them later on in my tripping career & was never found of their blandness. This one seems like a dud for me.

The only thing I can see this useful for would be in combination of other tryptamines. B/c I do remember getting a bit of a speedy, euphoric rush out of a 60mg dose while on 4-Ho-MiPT/Miprocin a few months back.. but, again, was barely noticeable after an hour or so & the miprocin just took over (i tend to binge on miprocin; starting at doses from 50-100mg--depending on when last tripped--w/ doses of 30-50mg "boosters" all night into the morning. so i can draw the plateau out for a good 5-6 hours, or longer)

A few weeks later I IM'd 100mg, then 150mg a few weeks after that. Aside from a quick 10-20 minute uncomfortable increase in heart rate, minorly dilated pupils, and a raging libido that took 3 jack-offs to fulfill--this shit did nothing. Quite intense anxiolysis, no insight; no visuals--perhaps brighten colors or slightly warping clouds if i paid attention but could've easily been placebo. Down in 2 hours, actually had to take some etizolam to take care of the anxiolysis/heart rate (when i can handle 100mg of IM'd miprocin!! my absolute favorite behind iprocin).

You took the anxiolytic etizolam to take care of the anxiolysis of 5-meo-dalt???

^ lol I was about to point that out
anyway 5-Meo-Dalt is nothing to write home about, it can be nice with the right oral/snorted dose, but it's not very psychedelic even though it's a tryptamine.
so no wonder you get nothing from it.