Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

interview request- any assistance greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicem

Greenlighter
Hi there,

I am a journalism student in my final semester composing a documentary on prescription drug use.

I’d like to show the perspectives of people who use or have used prescription drugs such as OxyContin and Fentanyl, whether for recreational use or dependency since being prescribed the drug by a doctor.

I don’t need to identify you in name or image and I would be respectful of your privacy and circumstance. My aim is to get a more personal view of the use of prescription drugs, rather than just regurgitating statistics.

If willing, I would like to shoot a quick video interview in the Sydney area. Can come to you or you could meet me at the studio at the University of Technology Sydney.

Thank you

170 views & zero comments - we would like to help however.
please tell us a little more about yourself, you have one post and we know nothing about you, you could be a pig for all we know.
do you use drugs yourself alicem?
what is your stance on the substances you have mentioned and drug use in general.
what are you trying to achieve and document? whats your bias?
im sorry but personally i wouldnt trust a journalist as far as i could kick them, until they have proven some trust and respect.
with respect.

^ What he said.

A lot of journalists come here to try to garner interviews from the drug using public, and rather than go with the information they get regarding HR use, they find the most idiotic, reckless users and wind up putting out just another sensationalist article, portraying all of us as morons who are trying to kill ourselves.

This has happened time after time and really adds to the bias against journalism.

On the other hand you could be LE, asking to meet in person to shoot a video, who knows what could happen if people actually turn up.

Hence why the community is hesitant.

Perhaps a phone interview would be more suitable?

I don't have a stance on prescription opioids and have only started researching the topic. I intend to look at why people are choosing these drugs over others, such as heroin. I will look at the positives and negatives of this decision. Are they becoming more easily accessible and does a tracking system need to be put in place to deter people from doctor-shopping? But what are the implications of this- will people turn back to other drugs? Is it better for people to use drugs knowing that they have been made pharmaceutical lab, and hence does that make them safer? I am also interested at looking at government funding for support groups and harm minimisation programs. Or lack thereof. Drug-taking is a fact of life, so I want to lay out the issues and present a balanced picture of prescription drug use. For this reason, someone who is involved in taking them recreationally is crucial to my documentary, as it will balance out the opinions of doctors, professors and government health officials, whom I will also be interviewing.

I don't have a stance on prescription opioids and have only started researching the topic.
oh really? i read past this i hope others might too..

do you do drugs yourself? what is your opinion on 'illegal' drug use? you say you dont have an opinion on prescription opioids well what is your opinion on other drugs and drug use?

Last edited:
Hi alicem, welcome to BL.

I'm not comfortable with this request as it stands, for the reasons already given by Black Rabbit and Laugh. Admitting drug use is very risky - there's a huge amount of stigma around drugs and their use, and of course, the potential for severe legal repercussions. Allowing threads like this to remain open in the forum without verifying their legitimacy would be irresponsible of us, because the risks to our members are so high. There is currently no way to know the validity of your claims - you really could be anyone. I would need much more information about yourself and your study before allowing your request to remain open. Information such as your name, the name of your supervisor, your university email address, evidence of your ethics clearance to conduct face to face or telephone interviews, and intended scope and perspective of your study, would be ideal, or other info that can confirm the study. I think developing the purpose of your study before requesting interviews would be preferable, as members deserve to know what kind of research they are contributing to. Please have a look at our Drug Studies forum too.

I am closing this for now. Please do pm me with the required information, and I would be happy to reopen this. All the best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.