• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Intervention Intervention with Fred Armisen

hehhhe.. Pretty well done I guess.

I know many people dislike the show, but I kind of enjoy it.

I wish they'd travel the world and show addicts from other parts of the world too. It might be hard in terms of organising it all the same way as the shows done and showing the follow ups etc, but who knows. They've only done America and Canada is that right?

There's a couple big reasons the show closed down. Among them was the death rate of their "participants" (similar to Dr Drew's bullshit show). It was ungodly high and they were getting the shit sued out of them. I don't know all the reasons though. Anyone else who has any ideas please chime in.

I kinda know what you mean my friend from OZ, but god man it's just so degrading. And to think they patients watch that bullshit at a lot of rehabs as some form of "treatment" makes it even more nauseating for me to even think of. All it does is promote the idea that confrontational therapy is the best, with another implication being that it's the only legit form of therapy, is reason enough for anyone who values harm reduction to loath it. It certainly has its amusing moments, but even then it's sick through and through.

Intervention: Exploitation at it's best!

Arent there any success stories tho?

It's pretty horrible when you put it like that mate. I feel bad for watching it and enjoying it now :(

I didnt know it was canceled.

'Intervention' Season 14 Renewed By LMN Channel; New Episodes Return 2015 After 2013 Cancellation

It seems that GRB Entertainment, producers of “Intervention,” staged an intervention with A&E Networks. "Intervention" ran for 13 successful seasons on A&E before the show ran out of steam and was cancelled in 2013. While the docu-series won't be returning to A&E, the network's sister channel, LMN, announced in a press release Thursday that it has ordered a Season 14 to premiere in 2015.

“Intervention” follows addicts of drugs, alcohol and other compulsive behavior through their daily lives before the family and friends of the episode’s subjects are brought in for a surprise intervention where they are pushed to turn their lives around. Jeff Van Vonderen and Candy Finnigan of the original 13 seasons’ “interventionists” will return for Season 14.

The show was critically acclaimed over its eight year run. It won an Emmy in 2009 for Outstanding Reality Series and was a PRISM Award-Winner (for media depicting health and social issues) five times. LMN President Jana Bennett spoke Thursday about the show’s impact over its first 13 seasons saying, “‘Intervention’ wove itself into the fabric of pop culture and brought global awareness to addiction and treatment options. The stories profiled on this series are profoundly powerful and we are proud to continue it on LMN.”

Production for the show’s new season will begin this summer with the first episodes of Season 14 due to premiere in early 2015.

Are you happy “Intervention” is back? Tweet your thoughts to @Ja9GarofaloTV.

http://www.ibtimes.com/intervention...l-new-episodes-return-2015-after-2013-1651936