• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Interesting Question: Do you smoke with your dominant or non-dominant hand?

surverydog

Greenlighter
Hi,

I was just curious, do you smoke with your non-dominant hand because you light with your dominant one?

Because that's what I do.

Thanks!!!

That's a good question. Depends on what I'm doing. I happen to be right handed. If I'm driving I'll smoke with my left hand so I can hold the cigarette close to or out the window. I'll also smoke with my left hand if I'm doing something with my dominant hand. Using a computer mouse is an example that comes to mind. Otherwise, I will smoke with my right hand. I guess I'm an ambidextrous smoker :)

I'm left handed but it feels weird with a cig in my left hand so I just use the right hand. However, if I'm driving, left hand because of window. I think it's cause I like my dominant hand to be free so I can multi-task while smoking.

That's a good question. Depends on what I'm doing. I happen to be right handed. If I'm driving I'll smoke with my left hand so I can hold the cigarette close to or out the window. I'll also smoke with my left hand if I'm doing something with my dominant hand. Using a computer mouse is an example that comes to mind. Otherwise, I will smoke with my right hand. I guess I'm an ambidextrous smoker :)

This exactly

Both, actually. I just randomly switch between them. The weirdest thing, though, is that I naturally (and always have) held the cigarette between my middle and ring fingers, whereas most people hold it between their pointer and middle fingers. Not really sure how that started, but that's how I've always done it, even though the guy I "learned" smoking from holds it normally.