• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Interesting question about cannabis high?

George1012

Bluelighter
I've heard talk when your cannabinoids are activated (stoned) you're basically asleep with your eyes open. It would make sense since when I've gotten high my subconscious mind seems to surface and dominates until I sober up, going into a dream like state for a few hours. Obviously being dead asleep and high are different but I've heard from a few sources that they're very similar scientifically.

I heard it from a guy in my AA meeting, and from a few friends throughout the years. Might be true but it could be completely false. What're your thoughts in this?

2 words

Completely. False.

This guy in AA should take some pharmacology courses if he hasn't already.

Besides, what do you mean by 'basically'? If you have these sources available, I'd like to read them.

Basically I think I'm the same person when I'm asleep, but ya know I can't prove it because I'm asleep.

Sorry, but this sounds like Tom Cruise talk.

not Tom Cruise

Hi Thomas.

I mean Basically as in, well almost. I don't have sources available sorry that's why I said 'I've heard talk.' Thats my only source lol. I sort of believed it because being stoned brings me into this weird dreamy state where like I said my subconscious surfaces. If you can remember your dreams well like I can you'll know they're similar but obviously not the same thing.

You are the same person awake and asleep but your deeper inner thoughts express in your dreams, via fears, nightmares or imagery of the said dream. I often feel very refreshed if I smoke a fatty early enough in the day and sober up, like waking up from a small nap.

One of my friends said certain things happen in your body when you're stoned as they do when you're asleep. What it sounded like he meant was part of your brain and body could be asleep, parts of your brain think you're asleep while other areas that normally go to sleep during sleep remain on, resulting in you staying conscious but still getting that spacey dream feel. Anyway I'm kind of on the fence about this. I'm on a very short three minute break at work so I don't have time to write this very thoroughly. Getting back to work.

Have a nice day!

Your friend's getting way too deep about what pot's got the potential to do to a person.

It doesn't trigger entry into some kind of subconscious state where all your inhibitions vanish and your subconscious finds a voice.

You simply get high. Things can get trippy, or they can trip you the fuck out and cause a panic attack. Your inhibitions can melt away, or you can suddenly develop 100 more before you even have the chance to think about it. You're not in any kind of "waking sleep" by any means... not from cannabis alone, at least. You're just in an altered state.

George1012 - Sorry for being rude to you. I apologize. I am not adjusting to retirement well at all. I had just got back from a doctor's appointment when I'd read your post (and no, it's not an excuse for my shitty attitude).

Anyways, the doctor upped my prescription from 3g/day to 4g/day, and with all the time on my hands I try to stay high every waking moment. It makes it easier to try to go to sleep when I reach that point after 20 hours or so.

Jibult - I won't lie to you man; I'm having fun trying to turn my brain into mush. I've got no responsibilities, am still drawing 100% of my salary and will shortly (4 months) be shoved on to long term disability. I picked up a sheet of acid for the first time in my life (as opposed to 5 or 10 strips), and what can I say? Video games on acid simply rock. My perception of time is getting kind of fucked though, which isn't a big deal. Not having to worry about dickheads at work ----- priceless.

Tom

George1012 - Sorry for being rude to you. I apologize. I am not adjusting to retirement well at all. I had just got back from a doctor's appointment when I'd read your post (and no, it's not an excuse for my shitty attitude).

Anyways, the doctor upped my prescription from 3g/day to 4g/day, and with all the time on my hands I try to stay high every waking moment. It makes it easier to try to go to sleep when I reach that point after 20 hours or so.

Jibult - I won't lie to you man; I'm having fun trying to turn my brain into mush. I've got no responsibilities, am still drawing 100% of my salary and will shortly (4 months) be shoved on to long term disability. I picked up a sheet of acid for the first time in my life (as opposed to 5 or 10 strips), and what can I say? Video games on acid simply rock. My perception of time is getting kind of fucked though, which isn't a big deal. Not having to worry about dickheads at work ----- priceless.

Tom

Never played video games on acid.... though I did have a trip in high school where I watched Finding Nemo on DVD for ~7 hours and I don't ever remember telling it to restart.

I was in an awesome mood for weeks after that trip, man... but it was a pain in the ass when my folks made chili for dinner the next night. Something about the LSD hangover makes anything that wasn't liquid or mushy feel weird as shit going down my throat. Like, it felt like I was eating rocks. Fucking rocks. It was so weird, man.

You're a lucky guy, though, I haven't even heard of acid being local for the past 5 or 6 years.