• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Esoteric Interesting paper on John lilly, the ability of LSD and influence to alter cognition and behavior two divergent possible paths

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
That's a fairly good primer on John C. Lilly. As the paper mentions the book "The Scientist", an autobiography written by Lilly in the third person, is quite interesting.

His investigations with "Vitamin K" were quite extensive, and being a scientist, he experimented with himself documenting the process.

imSkBr.png

Towards the end, he injected himself with K intramuscularly, 50mg hourly for 20h per day, for a whole three weeks. So he met (briefly touched by this paper) these Solid-State Intelligences (SSIs). SSIs were hostile to human life and could control our primitive machinery, but also manipulating us to build more sophisticated machinery towards their ends. If one were to extrapolate his line of thought, it would put our current interest in more capable computer hardware in a different light, wouldn't it?

Make of that what you will.

I read that a few times. It is quite heady. I do think the book The Scientist goes into detail on some of the earlier work Lilly was doing. Lilly and Carl Sagan were friends. Can anyone imagine what type of conversation can be had? Sagan backed off of the friendship when ketamine was introduced I understand. I mean Lilly is known for his ketamine use. But the notion in The Scientist was that it was heavy for only a year before backing off. And I know i have said this before, plenty of people here at BL, Reddit or wherever far surpassed the time and amount as compared to Lilly. With all the RC's some people did go way out there. And it seems plenty of people can do 2 grams of ketamine a day for years. Until the body issues. That was unheard of back when Lilly was doing it.

I do think it was heartwarming after an LSD trip John Lily didn't want to cut into dolphins anymore and focused on a mental aspect. The dolphin brain is large. There were the stories of putting a mother dolphin in a pool. And her baby in another pool. A tv camera was put in the pools and when the person left the room mother and baby went up to the monitors and started talking. But other harmful experiments ended after some LSD, as least for Lilly according to the Scientist.

Star Trek IV, the movie was one of my favorite movies. The message from space headed towards the ocean to relay an important message. Spock had said it is total hubris (forgot the actual word) to believe that humans are the only intelligent beings on Earth. It was for the whales. Great movie, it went over a lot of people's heads. Humans are not the only intelligent beings on Earth.