• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Interesting job offer... Is it too sketchy?

Eb1995

Greenlighter
So I was applying on jobs through craigslist and one of them was titled "Ranch Caretaker/Gardener". It really didn't occur to me that it would involve cannabis, especially since it didn't mention cannabis AT ALL. So kind of a red flag there. Anyways when I got a call from the guy and he tells me the deal. I got kind of excited but I'm also pretty apprehensive because it sounds a bit sketchy. In the call he said " I'd have to know your whole past. I'd have to know you wouldn't try anything because, well you can imagine what would happen if you did".. OK now that I type this out it seems pretty obvious I should avoid this whole thing but then again I'd be getting paid to trim weed all day.. Legally. Anyone work on a pot farm before? Any experiences like this??

I just got another call from the guy.. I guess this is going to be a regular thing, like I'm supposed to be best buds with this guy.. He says it's a completeley legitimate business, he sells as his stuff as medical.. He also mentioned he'd give me a gun and I might have to use it but no big deal shoot a couple shots in the air and you'll be good.. Mmk I think imma pass on this. It doesn't help its out in the middle of nowhere working for some redneck.. Oh well, funny story in retrospect

Yeah take your own advice. Run far away. Are you in Colorado or some other place where weed is "legal"?

I haven't done it, but a majority of my friends have and each one LOVED it and stayed like SUPER high all the friggen time... they'd get high from how much of the crystals from the plants they were trimming was piling up on their fingers LOL. I'd do it, live life! Jump out your comfort zone... that's how the best adventures start...

I'd be getting paid to trim weed all day.. Legally.
As someone who has been employed in the commercial industry for many years I can tell you with 100% certainty this is not a legal operation. You need to be licenced by the state to work at a legal grow. As the owner or manager of said grow, I wouldn't even interview you before you obtained your badge, what would be the point? Furthermore, having worked in the black market industry for many years, I would never bring a stranger to my illegal grow op. This individual advertising on Craigslist is clearly too stupid to last as a black market grower and will likely end up with federal charges. Get your badge and find legal work if cannabis is your thing or do it on your own with people you can trust.

Wayyyyy too sketchy. If someone tells you they're going to give you a gun and makes veiled threats of some sort of vigilante justice if you "try something while working with him," you should run in the other direction regardless of how appealing the actual job is. I don't care if it's getting paid to stare at hot naked chicks all day.