• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Interest-enhancement

Foreigner

Bluelighter
A friend recently gave me modafinil to try because I am so physically unwell yet I have a lot of online coursework to finish for credit. I simply cannot muster interest to do it.

As unnatural as it s, modafinil really made me WANT to study. I had this crazy, almost obsessive interest in my coursework and I enjoyed the cognitive enhancement. However, afterward I had a really hard crash. Possibly because I am also on prednisone, so my body was just extremely taxed.

Is there a less intense version of modafinil that could accomplish the same kind of thing? I have a course deadline and need to meet it, but I don't intend to use stimulants beyond that point.

As an aside... I may need to make a rapid exit from where I'm currently living because I am suffering from partner abuse on the daily, which means I need to board an airplane and travel 10 hours to another part of the country while I am quite ill. I may need a stimulant just to get from point A to point B. So I'm wondering if modafinil is a good candidate for that, or if another stimulant class drug could work. I already asked my MD and she kind of looked at me like I was crazy. But she also acknowledges that I'm living in a terrible abuse situation + being physically debilitated, so it wasn't totally invalidating. She just refuses to use Rx a stimulant on the basis of forcing my body to do something it shouldn't. Maybe she's right, but I kind of don't give a fuck because I need to get away from my narcissist bf.

Is there a less intense version of modafinil that could accomplish the same kind of thing? I have a course deadline and need to meet it, but I don't intend to use stimulants beyond that point.

Yes, there is! Its called adrafinil and readily available legally online.