• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos interchanging etizolam with clonazepam

OntarioGuy

Bluelighter
hey guys

Anyone here have any experience avoiding typical benzo withdrawal with etizolam? I am prescribed 2 mg of clonazepam once daily currently and ran out quite early and get my refilly tomorrow. i had quite a bit of etizolam that lasted me the week ive been out of clonazepam. usually taking 6 mg of etizolam a day. I have 4 mg left (2x 2 mg doses) and plan on taking one with a mixed alcohol drink tonight to get to sleep and the pharmacy is supposed to fill my clonazepam one day early as last monday was a holiday and set my pick up day back one day. speaking with the pharmacist he said he would dispense them minus one dose so i can resume monday pick ups. I currently have 500 mg of etizolam powder and 30 ml of 1 mg/ml solution on the way but i wont see that until at least thursday.

so my question is, is etizolam truly preventing me from having withdrawal or is it just the half life of a year worth of clonazepam build up keeping me good?
Id like to think the etizolam helps, and its quite literally dirt cheap where i am. i plan on making my clonazepam last the entire week rather then one day this week, i only did that this week as i had so much etiz, which i burned through and bought more.

does anyone else use etizolam interchangeably with classical benzos like clonazepam or lorazepam? I personally find it roughly around lorazepam strength. sorry if this is a stupid question, im just worried if i cant fill my Rx tomorrow if i will experience unpleasant withdrawals.

thanks guys

Clonazepam is a lot better/ more useful for relaxation. But etizolam has a blackout/drug like effects kinda.

ya im pretty experienced with both, i just recall reading about how different benzos affect different sub types of the gaba a receptor or somethin along those lines, so a total switch may produce some withdrawal. i think they advise slowly changing from one to the other now tha ive read more. like if you are on etizolam and are switching to clonazepam just switch out one dose at first, then 2 etc

I was able to make the switch quite successfully. I am currently posting from a crisis treatment type center that helps people get help. im here for 30 days. Ive been prescribed 2 mg of clonazepam once a day for the etizolam withdrawal, this is day 4 on just clonazepam I feel fine. also I get 110 mg of methadone a day and 300 mg of gabapentin and 4 mg of nabilone daily. they seem to be extremely laid back and liberal here and just want you to be physically comfortable while you recover mentally which I find really great.

take care guys, Im currently going to try and do the treatment thing, im here in this one for 30 days and will be sent off for a much longer term treatment (90 days) and hope to get off the benzos, please wish me luck, Ive been here for 12 years now and truly care about all you guys and gals

all the best

OG

Last edited:
I was able to make the switch quite successfully. I am currently posting from a crisis treatment type center that helps people get help. im here for 30 days. Ive been prescribed 2 mg of clonazepam once a day for the etizolam withdrawal, this is day 4 on just clonazepam I feel fine. also I get 110 mg of methadone a day and 300 mg of gabapentin and 4 mg of nabilone daily. they seem to be extremely laid back and liberal here and just want you to be physically comfortable while you recover mentally which I find really great.

take care guys, Im currently going to try and do the treatment thing, im here in this one for 30 days and will be sent off for a much longer term treatment (90 days) and hope to get off the benzos, please wish me luck, Ive been here for 12 years now and truly care about all you guys.

all the best

OG
Good luck brother! Get off those benzo's! They are one of the worst drugs out there besides fentanyl probably the worst. Good for panic attacks but not long term use.

take care guys, Im currently going to try and do the treatment thing, im here in this one for 30 days and will be sent off for a much longer term treatment (90 days) and hope to get off the benzos, please wish me luck, Ive been here for 12 years now and truly care about all you guys.

all the best

OG

Things like these are important for people to read... many detox stations refuse to treat benzo abuse because of how long the withdrawal can last and how difficult it is to treat patients from this sort of thing. Glad to see a program that actually helps for the right reasons. Wish you luck.

Xanax is good but not good enough for the ending.

thanks for the support my brothers, sorry if this is lounge material, but just wanted to update that things are going great. I woke up at 7 am and by 7:30 am a nurse had for me all of the meds I mentioned my last post. so had my methadone clonazepam gabapentin and nabilone and am about to start todays mental health programming.

Much Love my bluelighters

The OG

ughhh…...today really sucked, it seems the benzo withdrawal really caught up with me. im now allowed to have 1.5 mg of clonazepam at bed time and 1 mg if I really need it in afternoon. obviously im going to try to abstain. sorry but this is my only outlet at the moment

no withdrawal for me. I feel great, i get more then enough benzos from my prescriber thanks

Eat my ass, you people in withdrawal. Hahaha that would be so much fun.

Why so negative? people are trying to get better? what are you trying to convey? you get so much drugs you dont worry about withdrawal? i mean great for you, so do I. but frankly you're quite rude and dont add anything of any sort of harm reducing value that ive seen of you so far, and ive been around a long time buddy

So just to rub it in your face, i have legit scripts with enough refills into the future i have no worries. I am totally comfortable and enjoying my life. have a good night and enjoy being reported